“Friends catch up- fabulous”

The Snug Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Caerleon
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

I visited with the same friends over 2 years ago! After reading some reviews from some i was weighing up the good and the bad, I was a little sceptical as I thought maybe the place may have gone down hill a little since my last visit as it’s been a while, most comments were price tho, and some were slow service and rude staff..... I can assure you this is not the case, the food was as good if not better than my first visit, and it was fab on my first visit, I’m not sure why I’ve left it so long to come back! Maybe because it’s only open on weekends in the evenings, the staff were amazing hosts tonight, very friendly and accommodating, some ordered wines to come with our mains and they turned up just before the mains arrived on time nothing was rushed and all the staff were professional and very friendly, I made up my own starter out of two of the extra sides and they happily obliged! I just wanted bread, oil, balsamic, and salami together and that’s what I had, I had the lamb in port and caramelised onion sauce for mains, amazing with the rosemary potatoes and blanched veg, generous portions for me so I was full by this point I had to undo some buttons to fit my creme brûlée in, nothing but good praise again, I finished every morsel on the plates, not one of my four friends had any complaints either they thought it was amazing too, there was no long wait for the food, and I’d say the price was well worth it! Drinks were reasonable too for a high end restaurant! I’d highly recommend a visit, I wouldn’t leave it so long next time either as this place is a hidden gem!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

We have eaten at the Snug a few times and have never been disappointed. Such a wonderfully quaint place serving 5 star food, always!
We love this place so much we even had our birthday celebrations here and the team went out of their way to deliver a wonderful meal.
This time we signed up for one of the special theme nights that they run 5 times a year, this one being ‘Thai Night’.
A 3 course meal (3 choices per course) for a set price, it was all amazing and very authentic. Both food and service were exceptional. We enjoyed it so much, we have signed up for Spanish night in October and cannot wait!

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Had a brilliant meal at the Snug last night. All of it was delicious from the food to the cocktails. My steak was cooked perfectly. Will definitely be returning and would recommend a visit.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

If you have time to visit the Snug for Breakfast you most definitely will NOT be disappointed . A lovely atmosphere a beautiful setting with great service .

The quality and quantity of the food is second to none .

The evening meals are superb and Sunday lunch fantastic but book early

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Fell upon this little place wandering around this amazing town.
Glad we found it. Food was amazing. What great place.

Date of visit: August 2018