“Lovely Christmas meal for work”

The Snug Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Caerleon
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 December 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely meal here on 14th Dec with work colleagues. We weren't rushed and they didn't rush you through courses. We all sat and chatted and had a lovely evening. The service was very good and prompt and they kept an eye on the tables to make sure our drinks were topped up. Pleasant surroundings not huge place so book if you want a table. Would go again

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed 13 November 2018 via mobile

Visited here for the first time recently to catch up with former colleagues I had not seen in a while. It’s a sweet little cafe/restaurant tucked away down an alleyway in Caerleon. Great service by a really friendly waiter. He sounded as though he was from the North East but I could be wrong. Good prices, plenty of choice on the menu, cosy and strikes me as being family friendly. The sort of place you could come with your baby. The jacket potato I had was huge, piled high with tuna mayo. The only negative I have is that it was served in a pie dish/bowl which made it difficult to cut and eat so I left most of it. Nevertheless, would recommend.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Stopped off on our way through for breakfast. Food was superb and service was great. Would happily come back again.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 28 October 2018

We regularly have breakfast on the weekend at The Sun, and it's always first class. Decided to go for dinner with friends, as i have never heard a bad report. Despite there being a large party in the restaurant ( which we were advised when booking ) the food was amazing, and service first class. We will definitely be back. Well done Sandro and Team.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

I visited with the same friends over 2 years ago! After reading some reviews from some i was weighing up the good and the bad, I was a little sceptical as I thought maybe the place may have gone down hill a little since my last visit as it’s been a while, most comments were price tho, and some were slow service and rude staff..... I can assure you this is not the case, the food was as good if not better than my first visit, and it was fab on my first visit, I’m not sure why I’ve left it so long to come back! Maybe because it’s only open on weekends in the evenings, the staff were amazing hosts tonight, very friendly and accommodating, some ordered wines to come with our mains and they turned up just before the mains arrived on time nothing was rushed and all the staff were professional and very friendly, I made up my own starter out of two of the extra sides and they happily obliged! I just wanted bread, oil, balsamic, and salami together and that’s what I had, I had the lamb in port and caramelised onion sauce for mains, amazing with the rosemary potatoes and blanched veg, generous portions for me so I was full by this point I had to undo some buttons to fit my creme brûlée in, nothing but good praise again, I finished every morsel on the plates, not one of my four friends had any complaints either they thought it was amazing too, there was no long wait for the food, and I’d say the price was well worth it! Drinks were reasonable too for a high end restaurant! I’d highly recommend a visit, I wouldn’t leave it so long next time either as this place is a hidden gem!

Date of visit: October 2018