“Warm welcome, excellent gf food”

The Snug Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Caerleon
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited today for a family meal. The staff were outstanding making us feel welcome and going out of their way to ensure we were comfortable. The food is always fantastic but I brought my gluten free daughter along today and they adapted the meals to suit her. Fantastic restaurant, Would definitely recommend!

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had a lovely meal here on 14th Dec with work colleagues. We weren't rushed and they didn't rush you through courses. We all sat and chatted and had a lovely evening. The service was very good and prompt and they kept an eye on the tables to make sure our drinks were topped up. Pleasant surroundings not huge place so book if you want a table. Would go again

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 13 November 2018 via mobile

Visited here for the first time recently to catch up with former colleagues I had not seen in a while. It’s a sweet little cafe/restaurant tucked away down an alleyway in Caerleon. Great service by a really friendly waiter. He sounded as though he was from the North East but I could be wrong. Good prices, plenty of choice on the menu, cosy and strikes me as being family friendly. The sort of place you could come with your baby. The jacket potato I had was huge, piled high with tuna mayo. The only negative I have is that it was served in a pie dish/bowl which made it difficult to cut and eat so I left most of it. Nevertheless, would recommend.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Stopped off on our way through for breakfast. Food was superb and service was great. Would happily come back again.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 28 October 2018

We regularly have breakfast on the weekend at The Sun, and it's always first class. Decided to go for dinner with friends, as i have never heard a bad report. Despite there being a large party in the restaurant ( which we were advised when booking ) the food was amazing, and service first class. We will definitely be back. Well done Sandro and Team.

Date of visit: October 2018