“Pub food ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We popped in for a mid week tea. Amazing sized portions, great to see proper pub food at pub prices at last!

The curry was delicious- I was even asked how I wanted it cooked.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

You think great, We live locally so not far to travel, a restaurant right on your doorstep. What can I say, well the white French wine was delicious. Our starters arrived, my King prawns were decidedly on the small size, no tails and somewhat tasteless, come on is it so difficult to produce a nice buttery garlic sauce, NO. The Garlic mushrooms were also much the same. MAINS, I had a so called mushroom stoggenoff, tasteless, bland, NOT a homemade sauce as the barmaid described. My partners dish was straight out of a packet, it was supposed to be a rice Tagine, not so, it in fact was a small bowl of rice in a red sauce and nearly impossible to define the peppers they were so small which makes me believe a pre prepared meal and again not a home made. Finally the chips were indeed black, we left some in the bowl. We told our young waitress and she left to tell the chef and never returned, after some time had gone by I said did you sort our complaint out, Oh you will have to talk to the other barmaid, so off I went to tell her the tail, we were offered a removal of the one dish and was told not to interrupt her so I never, we were given a reduced account, no offer of dessert or coffee or water on out table, NOT GOOD ENOUGH IS IT. No apology, nothing.

2  Thank Cathayspete
Reviewed 5 May 2018

Booked for 7pm finally had our meal at 8·45pm. One meal was sent back swimming in fat, mixed grill was inedible meat was dry hard and overcooked, the salmon was just about edible and mushroom stroganoff was awful. No salt and pepper on table,weren't asked what choice of veg or potatoes we wanted. We wouldn't come back again very disappointing.

2  Thank LJCollin
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Called in Tuesday night quite early ... quite pub at this time but great personality behind the bar .. ordered a mixed grill... asked get medium rare... I got ...... perfect can’t fault it lots of meat and I mean lots ... had to have a rest a write this review whilst it settled down ... so if your hungry then call here ....

1  Thank David S
Reviewed 8 March 2018

Have eaten at this pub before, however when we went in today, the barman informed us he had recently taken over the pub.

Nice surroundings wasent very busy but excellend service and meals. Food was hot and presented well, quite a good menu, and also offer 10% discount for seniors.