“Terrific”

Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Caerleon
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Invited to a great birthday evening at the Priory and hugely impressed by the food and the restaurant/hotel.
We have visited the Priory on many occasions over the years and it is a byword for quality and service in the area.
A fabulous setting for pre dinner drinks in the beautiful courtyard garden followed by a very good meal in a very busy restaurant.
Food, very good. Service, superb. Atmosphere, great.
A really enjoyable evening.
Many thanks to Miguel (probably spelt that wrong !!) and staff.

1  Thank Stuart R
There are newer reviews for The Priory Hotel & Restaurant

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

As it's a sunny lunchtime we decided to try the lunchtime menu for 10.95 for 2 courses despite the recent hygeine rating published by Fsa. We both had the same starter and mains of pate and rib if beef. The pate was lovely but had to order extra bread and service was very quick the beef was a thin cut rib but more than adequate for lunch even with an extra side salad and drinks the bill was only £30 so don't be put off by the main menu prices as there are deals to be had at the priory

1  Thank Moore-bears
Reviewed 11 July 2014

A friend and I decided to push the boat out and treat ourselves to a Al a Carte Lunch, it wasn't cheap, but worth every penny. What I like about the Priory is The Quality and Selection of the food and wine. We went to the counter and picked what food we wanted from the chilled display cabinet and were advised how we would like it cooked. I went for the Dover Sole with a Meunière Sauce clean, light and simple not to take away the favour and consistency of a very expensive fish (very few restaurant's have Dover Sole on the menu these days as it's a ridiculous price even at wholesale fishmongers) It was cooked to perfection and I had just had a few new potatoes and crusty french stick, A REAL TREAT. My Pal went for the Noisette's of Lamb which were cooked to a lovely Blush Pink (not the silly Bleu way you see it cooked on the telly) they looked very nice and he said they were beautiful. They had both my favorite wines on the extensive menu
Amarone della Valpolicella & Barolo, It was my turn to choose the wine so we went for the Amarone ( All this red with this and white with that is a load of tosh, if it's what you enjoy go for it). Over all if you can walk out (my Pal stumbled a bit) and say it was worth every penny, you've had a Great Meal. The only negative that the management need to revise is that they charge for bread, I think that when spending over £50 a head for lunch it will stick in customer's minds more than there dining experience in a very nice Restaurant. But will be returning soon. Well worth a visit if in the area.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I visited the priory for a meal and the food was amazing ,I had the venison which was cooked to perfection also the staff are very friendly and helpful and a glorious setting for pre dinner drinks outside as it was a sunny evening .

Reviewed 7 July 2014

since my last review which was not bad, i have returned to the priory many times. i have had good and not so good meals.i also frequent the bar for drinks regularly with my husband, my staff and clients. i have had issues with some staff attitude in the past, but i let it pass.
my last visit the staff were arrogant and rude. and i was totally embarrassed by the experience.
as a local business owner i deal with customers on a daily bases, i heard rumors that it was declining in service and hygiene, but i try to be objective and deal with facts not gossip. but i have experienced it first hand now.
i will never return, and will pass my opinion onto my customers.
if i were management, i would review your policies and keep a closer watch on your staff and their attitudes. i would be disgusted if my staff behaved in this manner.

6  Thank charlie73Wales