“Best and only game in town”

Mahi Mahi Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 10 Restaurants in Montblanc
Price range: US$18 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: une cuisine traditionnelle et exotique au coeur du Languedoc
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Our foursome had a delightful lunch at this lushly landscaped, private, and modern restaurant. I can't recall the specifics of our lunches other than each of us were very pleased with the food and welcoming while excellent service.

We had to go back for more!

Dinner proved to be something of an 'over reach' and something of a let down. While the location and service continued to be superb, the food didn't meet our expectations. My wife's chicken skewers were overlooked to the point of being dry and tough whereas my mahi mahi fish was overcooked and the coconut sauce added little. Desserts,too, were unremarkable.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

It is well worth seeking out this restaurant. It is a hidden gem. My sister and I ate here twice during our stay at Villa Roquette and were very impressed by the delicious items on the menu and the warmth and generosity of the hostess. There is great attention to detail in the cuisine; the tips of the thyme from the garrigue in May are the very best for flavour and these were used in the superb lamb shank dish. One of the most amazing main courses which I have ever had was the scallop dish served in a very large wine-glass (with a straw as well as a spoon). The white meat had been "souffleed" in the lower part and the upper section was the coral lightly whipped. One section was hot and one was cold. Really memorable.

1  Thank JackieHBelfast
Reviewed 12 June 2013

My husband and I are staying at Villa Roquette a B&B in Montblanc. The owners (Tony and
Carol) recommended Mahi Mahi to us. The restaurant is a husband (chef) and wife team.
The setting is in a garden if you eat outside or very classy if you eat indoors. The food was
Delicious and the service was excellent! As a matter of fact as the sun was going down it
Was starting to get chilly. Our hostess noticed I was getting cold so she brought over a
Shawl for me and since we were staying at the Villa Roquette she said I could bring it back
The following day. Again I am very picky with places we go but I couldn't find fault here. The restaurant was very clean including the spotless bathroom. I would definitely dine here again!

Reviewed 6 April 2013

We were introduced to this restaurant by our friends who are transplanted Canadians now living in France 10 months a year. This is an understated restaurant with a limited table d'hote for lunch. Everything we had from the goat cheese appetizer, the puréed fish soup, to the fish skewers, the guinea fowl, and home baked desserts were presented in simple elegance. All ingredients were fresh and the preparation of every dish showed care and attention. Our hostess (Cecile) and her husband own this place and provide it with its character. A few miscues ( some vegetables overdone, bread too crusty, etc) were easily overlooked. Lunch for four (with two bottles of wine) came to 114Euros. Not a bad way to spend 3 hours with some old friends.

2  Thank Serviceprof
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We took a group of 11 for our big wedding anniversary the whole evening was wonderful! Great food as always so well looked after a very warm and friendly atmosphere! We just keep going back

1  Thank Pat C