“Excellent value and spectacular”

Malta Falconry Centre
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Siggiewi
More attraction details
Owner description: Malta Falconry Centre is a Quality Assured attraction certified by the Malta Tourism Authority. Explore the Malta falconry centre and live this unique experience, watch our falconers fly several different species of well trained birds of prey and see these magnificent birds in free flight. The facility holds its own free parking,open spaces around the centre all fully-accessible for everyone visit us. Complimeting the centre one find a souvenir shop situated at the main entrance, offering wonderful gifts to memorize the experience at the unique falconry in Malta Opening times The Centre is open all year round from Tuesdays till Sundays. Winter times : from 9.00 till 15.00 (1st October and 30th June) Summer times : from 9.00 till 12.30 (1st July to 30th September). The Centre is closed on Mondays Display times We have two displays per day in Winter at 11:00 and 14:00 We have one display per day in Summer at 11:00 (Weather Permitting - windy days) bird handling is held instead Falconry Experience! At the Malta Falconry Centre, we offer a unique experience – the thrill of the Falconry art. This falconry experience is given in a course style. Carrying out such experience/ course one gets to know better the techniques of the falconry art and get a beginners knowledge as a falconer. This experience is offered in two ways; a half day experience or full day experience, are offered. The half day introduces the participant to the basics of falconry and gets to know how falconry birds are trained from 9.30 till 12.30 The full day experience enables the participant to get to know more as regarding the falconry techniques and would also have enough time to fly a bird of prey after learning how to train these birds. A participation certificate is given at completion of such course from 9.30 till 14.30 All around the year This experience is offered to all ages. Children are to be accompanied by one adult (both adult and child/ren are to pay for the experience). Pre-booking by email is needed giving the name/s of the participant/s and the date on which the experience is to be carried out. No experience could be held without pre-booking. All participants are to be on time as to have the experience carried out on schedule.
St Leonards, Australia
189 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 199 helpful votes
“Excellent value and spectacular”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Although a reasonably small setup, it is well organised and laid out. We visited on a wind day and were unable to view a programmed flying event, but as a consequence, we were encouraged to hold and handle several species including the Barn Owl, Maltese Falcon and Eagle. Staff were very profession al and helpful and at 6 euro per adult it is excellent value. Worth the visit.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mal B

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Get right up close to the birds”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I visited on a Saturday morning. Although the website says there are signposts pointing the way to the Falconry Centre, the only ones I saw where very close to it. When I got off the bus in the centre of Siggiewi there was no indication of where the Falconry Centre was, so I recommend taking a map with you as I did. It is not far to walk when you know which way it is.
After you buy your entry ticket you are left to make your own way around the centre, so you can inspect the birds at your own pace, which was good for me as I was keen to take lots of photographs of them. There is a good selection of birds to see.
The highlight, though, has to be the display, when you get to see some of the birds in action and being fed. I was there on a quiet day, so the staff were able to spend a lot of time with me, letting me 'hold' some of the birds whilst the staff happily took lots of pictures for me on my camera. An extra lucky bonus was that the lady was able to show me some Harris Hawk chicks which had just hatched that very morning! So cute!
Another good thing about seeing the display is that the birds were completely off the leash and so had the chance to escape, but they always willingly flew back. This, as well as the affection the staff clearly showed for them, reassured me that the birds are happy and well treated.
In another part of Malta there is a marine park that lets you spend half an hour in a pool with dolphins at a cost of around 100 euros. I spent a similar amount of time interacting with the birds, and it only cost me 6 euros, so this was much better value. A great experience, the memories of which will last for years, and I came away with some fantastic photographs too.

Visited May 2014
San Gwann
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Impressively amazing”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Going there I thought oh well it would be another bird park with small cages and little to see and do. I was proven wrong when after just a few minutes of walking up the entrance I saw these huge aviaries with the most beautiful looking predators with loads of space to move around and loads of air. The falconry is clean, top shape and amazingly stunning!! We had the opportunities to hold two out of the 50 something birds and I would most definitely re-visit again. The owner is super well informed and dedicated and she also spent some time in explaining us and giving us vital information about these incredible creatures. A Must see attraction!!!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank xarmejnzizzi
Elgin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Traniee falconer from Scotland”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Where to start we are from Scotland and are training to be falconers using 2 Harris hawks to hunt in the wild so when we came to Matla to visit family we decided to visit some of the sites we have not been to before.
So when we arrived at yhe centre there is plenty of parking and a small shop which sells refreshments and gifts all very clean and well kept, after we paid you are free to walk around to see the birds in the aviarys which to be honest are huge compared with the ones we have been to in Scotland with lots of room for the birds to exercise and fly around. The smaller aviarys have an ingenious system that lets the birds move from inside the aviarys to outside so they can chose to be in or out. All the birds are in excellent condition and the ones that you are aloud to hold are very well trained and behaved allowing you to touch them and stroke them also.
The owner and her son are very knowledgeable and very forthcoming with information on all their birds and very friendly.
To conclude it was well worth the visit travelling all the way from Scotland so my wife could see maltise harris hawks and too see her, my niece and my daughters faces when we were there was priceless, we would like to thank the Malta falconry centre for a brilliant visit.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank KarkenElgin
Hobart, Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“You get to pat falcons and owls”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We loved our visit. Friendly staff and a chance to have a close up look at some of the most impressive birds on the planet. We got to hold a falcon and an owl. Totally tamed and liked getting pats.
They even kept open past closing to help ensure we caught our bus.

Visited March 2014