“Mixed Reviews from our crew”
Review of City Fire

City Fire
Ranked #14 of 120 Restaurants in The Villages
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West Sand Lake Road
Description: Used to be Urban Flats, now called City Fire.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stopped here while visiting the Villages.
The outside bar was clouded and loud.
We sat outside. Put up the a few loud mouths at the bar, even at their advanced age.
The food is upscale but reasonable. Service could have been better and friendlier.

We had soup and the Flatbread Reuben.
The Reuben was flavorful but slightly on the cold side, despite the slightly overlooked crust.
My wife had spinach salad. Delicious salad, but she should have added shrimp or chicken to make it heartier.
Good french onion soup.

The consensus of our group was to go back and try it again one day soon.
It's a pretty busy place considering you look out into the Sumpter Landing Square.

2  Thank Brian R
There are newer reviews for City Fire

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Went to Brownwood location with a large group. Service was slow (even for a large group). Place was loud - live band was playing inside on the opposite end of the restaurant and we still had a hard time talking over the music. Ordered the sizzle chips & a flatbread. The sizzle chips were really good, but the flatbread was bland. Seriously not worth the money. Don't think I'll be visiting this place again...

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We go to City Fire a lot in Brownwood, great atmosphere and THE best French Dip you will find! Great bartenders!!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We are vegan and I asked the server (Kristy?) if they had line cooks or a chef, she said both, so I asked her if they could prepare a vegan dish (no meat no dairy).

She came back several minutes later and said the chef didn't know how to prepare a vegan dish.

Surprising...your a chef? Line cooks, I can see the challenge there, but a chef?

So a quick glance at the menu, I asked for the "sizzling steak fajitas" with no steak or cheese. That was easy. That leaves caramelized onions, tomatillo salsa beans and guacamole. Simple enough and profitable for the company because they get to charge me $15 for a steak fajita that they don't have to serve steak with.

My food comes, with no caramelized onions, I ask the server if they stopped putting onions in their fajita. She said its all prepared in the mornings and the steak and onions are mixed together and they can't separate them for my fajita. Ok. Then.

If this is true and I would imagine its not, perhaps both the server and chef were having a bad night, might I suggest the steak and caramelized onions divorcing so those who don't eat meat can enjoy onions on their fajita...since fajitas are known for their onions....

3  Thank MD N
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Went to C.F. to watch the Belmont stakes. Inside a small crowd gathered at the bar also watching the race. A few tables were filled in the dining room. I asked the bartender if the volumn for the TV could be turned on instead of Phil Collins singing. I watched as he asked the manager "James" - after a quick reply the bartender said he had permission a few minutes before the race. As more people arrived to watch the race, I went to "James" and asked if the TV volumn could be turned on. He said that "people eating didn't want to listen to talking". If he would have turned around at looked at the people in the place he might have realized the majority of his customers were trying to watch the TV. Finally just a few minutes before the race they turned the TV sound on. Food great, drinks & bartenders great .. James -- good luck in whatever you do - restaurant management doesn't seem like a good choice.

1  Thank kimvossjezwinski