visited here in October as we were visiting family in Beeston. I have stayed in a similar hotel before in Cheadle Hulme so knew what the deal was. The lady on reception at check in was nice and it was dealt with well. We got the key for the room (think it was 301) She gave us directions but due to various expansions the place is an absolute labyrinth and it took a good walk to ever get to the room using two lifts and various stairs. Hotel is fine if you are not unlucky enough to get such a room.
Inside the room was good enough. Bed was comfy and the room was large enough to spread out. Did not have food but did have a drink at the bar. Young lad on the bar polite so a tick for that.
The big negative is the leisure facilities. I agree in part with the guy from swansea who has reviewed before me. My issue was there seemed no policy at all to prevent children swimming! Couldn't swim because of the wide array of floats etc. Children splashing in the pool. A real negative for me. I would not be a paying member of the health club. If i was in a caravan park I would accept it, but hotels with leisure clubs are not the place for children for me, they are adult facilities not family ones. The leisure facilities were way too small for the number of guests. Struggled to use the steam or sauna.
Had breakfast on the Sunday. Despite having to wait, mainly because most people went late ( I think breakfast service could be extended at weekend) the food was good.
Overall I was a bit disappointed with the money spent. Weird layout. Poor leisure facilities and too many guests for the size of leisure facilities. Would not probably return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Nottingham is minutes away from junction 25 of the M1 and just outside the City Centre. The hotel is ideally located for many major attractions including Nottingham Castle, Sherwood Forest, Newstead Abbey, American Adventure and Alton Towers Theme Parks. Nottingham is a vibrant city renowned for its fantastic shops and nightlife. Village Hotel Nottingham has 135 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Squash Court, 25 Metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Village Hotel Nottingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Hotel And Leisure Club Nottingham
- Village Hotel Leisure Nottingham
- Hotel Nottingham Village
- Village Hotel Nottingham Chilwell