“Super comfy bed!”

Village Hotel Nottingham
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chilwell
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I had an overnight stay here. I used the facilities (gym, pool, sauna etc) The gym was extensive and had a real good feel to it. I stayed in an upper deck room, excellent! The bed was huge and seriously comfy. The upper deck includes starbucks coffee and sky movies, extra large bed etc. After having a gym session and a swim, it was great to go back to the room enjoy a starbucks coffee and watch a movie before going down for our evening meal. We enjoyed an evening meal and breakfast the following morning. All excellent and great value. I would definitely recommend if you fancy a chilled out, relaxing stay.

Room Tip: If you can, pay that little extra and opt for the Upper deck room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DCarey76
Write a ReviewReviews (2,138)

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I stayed on business at this hotel and it was great, lovely bathroom, great food, good service. My room was on the 'upper deck' and I found it to be fantastic. Having sky TV was a nice touch. I would also commend the house keeping team they were so very helpful.

I would recommend.

Room Tip: Choose upper deck.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank iloveholidays88
Reviewed 3 February 2014

A group of 6 of us spent the weekend at this hotel 2 weeks ago and when we checked in on the Friday evening were told that the life had broken down. I explained that my husband couldn't use stairs so someone was sent up to reset it. After which we managed to get to our room but whilst unpacking got a telephone call to say that the life was broken down again and we could use the service lift. My husband was unsure of this so we struggled and got him down the 2 flights of stairs. The lift remained broken down all weekend and was only repaired as we were leaving on the Monday morning. I asked several times for an update and each time was told the engineer had been called. We did use the service lift twice but this was totally unacceptable as we came out into the Pub kitchen where food was being prepared. However after the 2nd time we were approached by the duty manager and asked not to use it again but to ring her when we wanted to come down to the foyer and she would arrange for us to go down to the basement, then be brought back up on the loading bay lift and in by a ramp, this involved my husband walking much further, also he felt totally embarrassed by the whole situation. We were given a £25 credit on the Friday night against a meal to compensate but after I felt we were just being patronised. I spoke to the lift engineer on the Monday morning and he assured me that no call had been logged on either the Saturday or the Sunday. I complained to the General Manager the day after our return and have not yet had a reply which I think is totally unprofessional, impolite and disgusting.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lynda S
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stopped here recently as a result of a 'deal' from de-vere. A Saturday night stay with breakfast for about 1/2 the price it would normally cost.

Me and 'er-indoors' were really looking forward to a night away from the offspring and a day around Nottingham bumbling about.

The hotel itself is very well presented - a large open foyer with restaurant to the left and pool etc to the right. Very friendly staff - and I mean friendly and efficient. I was very happy with the check-in and check-out process.

We used the beautiful pool early in the afternoon but was a little disappointed in that it was heaving with children - not something we thought would be the case given the hotels proximity to Nottingham and it's plethora of activities.

The hotel is within walking distance of 2 pub/restaurants, the closest of which we walked in, waited, waited, waited and walked out. The other (a Sizzling pub) was a 5 minute walk down the road and well worth the fresh air. Monster portions, good price and again, very friendly staff.

On return from our evening meal we retired however, this was the time we noticed that the walls are paper thin .. and i mean thin. We could actually hear the people to 1 side of us snoring, and the people to the other side of us talking, laughing, stumbling about and at 4:30am, having sex. The bed was wonderfully comfortable and can appreciate the opportunity but at 4:30 ...cmon..If the walls were thicker I'd have no complaints and understand people do what they do in hotel rooms (so do I!) but as we heard them, they *must* have heard us laughing.

The *worst* nights sleep I've ever had in a hotel.

On the bright side, we were 1st for breakfast - and wow, what a breakfast. Top marks for the food and service. A point down for cheap walls.

Room Tip: Ask for 1 at the end of the corridor with an empty room as your neighbor!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FreudianSlyp
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We thought this hotel was great value for money, £49 for a king size room, with a great breakfast included, the restaurant was a little slow in the evening though the staff did apologise. The staff were all very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AnneC1963
Reviewed 18 January 2014

That sounds scary (a line from the song hotel califoina ) but really there is everything in there that you need / the pool is fabulous so don't forget your cosie !! /restaurant is great / breakfast espsally good , go hungry because you can fill your boots haha , there is a relaxing bar & the rooms are spacases & very welcoming , the staff was helpful & you get a vochour book to use in other hotels in there chain , I give it a 5* plus

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room there is a lift but ground floor you only see the car park
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jefferyreginold
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

I spent two days at the village. The room was immaculate and the staff friendly. Real ale was kept well in a real bar. The hotel restaurant was both reasonably priced and decent quality although the menu was a bit Uninspiring - perhaps due to the group nature of this hotel. So, they lost one star... On I arrival I was invited to upgrade to nickable toiletries for £20 (their words - not mine). The 'V' branding on everything was a bit tacky. De vere are an experienced hotel group and nothing happens by accident so they are up selling like McDonalds and branding like a pub 'n' grub chain. I think they should be placing themselves above this.

Having said that I would recommend

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chilwell
3 mi away
Jurys Inn Nottingham
Jurys Inn Nottingham
#6 of 41 in Nottingham
Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham

Been to Village Hotel Nottingham? Share your experiences!