Firstly I have to say that all the staff that I spoke to at the Hotel did their best to solve the problems and I feel that they were under great pressure.
I booked into this Hotel with my wife on a KGB voucher deal, which offered a single night bed and breakfast and evening meal in the restaurant and use of spa facilities.
When I booked, I was told that the restaurant would be closed but the bar would be serving the same menu.as the restaurant.
When we booked in we were put into a twin bed room rather than the double we had booked, but the reception staff were excellent and we were moved quickly. The rooms were very hot, as there is no air conditioning and no chance of sleeping easily. The curtains in both rooms were torn and rotting at the bottoms.
We went to the spa and the jaccuzi was not accessible because, we were told, the morning staff had not maintained the chlorine levels.
We went to the bar for dinner at 8:15 pm and were told that they were not serving restaurant meals, and that only bar meals were available and that there was an hour wait for meals after ordering.
They had run out of draught bitter and a number of starter and main courses were sold out.
Our starter arrived at 9:15pm and was incorrect and our main course eventually arrived at 10:15pm, 2 hours after it was ordered and only then, after complaining twice. We ended up skipping dessert that we had already paid for, as the table next to us who had ordered at 7:30pm received their desserts at 10:15, 40 minutes after they had finished their main courses. Meals were supposed to be served until 9:30pm, but one customer who tried to order at 9pm was told the chef would not cook any more meals as they were busy. The Hotel sent out for a take away for her.
This was meant to be a relaxing weekend and ended up as the most stressful hotel break I have had. This was all down to hotel organisation. The bar staff had no idea that so many kgb customers had been booked in and they had not expected to be dealing with their meals.
Whilst the stay was a nightmare I have to thank the staff for being so helpful in trying to resolve the issues, especially the reception staff and Grant the duty manager who stayed clam and helpful and did their best to solve the problems for myself and the numerous other customers I know complained.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Nottingham is minutes away from junction 25 of the M1 and just outside the City Centre. The hotel is ideally located for many major attractions including Nottingham Castle, Sherwood Forest, Newstead Abbey, American Adventure and Alton Towers Theme Parks. Nottingham is a vibrant city renowned for its fantastic shops and nightlife. Village Hotel Nottingham has 135 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Squash Court, 25 Metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Village Hotel Nottingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Hotel And Leisure Club Nottingham
- Village Hotel Leisure Nottingham
- Hotel Nottingham Village
- Village Hotel Nottingham Chilwell