“campsite review”

National Water Sports Centre Hotel & Campsite
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Firstly I'd like to commend the campsite staff, who were very efficient and friendly when we arrived. Our camping pitch itself was perfect, even surface and clean of rubbish.

The toilet and shower block were dirty, dated and worn although functional cannot be scored highly. The toilet/shower block was the hang out for the 'feral' holidaying kids which was unpleasant and noisy - which was a shame, as there was a playground and grassy area adjacent to the block which could have been used.

All of the rubbish bins were overflowing with rubbish spilling out. On the whole the campsite itself is okay - it's just the facilities which need attention - if not a total refurbishment - then a blooming good clean!!

Wouldn't rush back to this site!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank mrssjc26

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Where to start. The food. It is awful DO NOT EAT HERE, GO TO THE LOCAL SUPERMARKET. The rooms. The rooms are falling apart. The back panel off the wardrobe is lying loose in the middle of theWhere to start. The food. It is awful DO NOT EAT HERE, GO TO THE LOCAL SUPERMARKET. The rooms. Some are ok at the best the rest are tiny and for two people there is one wardrobe one bunk bed and a sink! Leaving you barely any space to stand.The rooms are falling apart. The back panel off the wardrobe is lying loose in the middle of the room the cables that power all of the rooms are loose in the rooms. The rooms are filthy. Some rooms have on-suits but if you don't have an on-suit you have to use the community loos in the corridor and cannot wash your hands until back in your own room. My friends room has a leak and nobody can come and see it until tomorrow as there is no maintenance. If you are near the stairs every time somebody goes up or down you hear them. There is no sound proofing between rooms so you hear everything the people in the next room say.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank CalR93
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I have stayed here on many occasions when attending canoeing regattas. I always seem to get the same room, in April this year I reported that the toilet seat was broken, it was still the same in May, June & July. The paintwork in the room is disgusting and badly needs an update. The bed was so uncomfortable that I was unable to get a full nights sleep (mattress too thin) The only saving grace was the breakfast which was wholesome.

Room Tip: I dont think they have any good rooms
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Martin B
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I went White Water Rafting as part of a group of 14 last July and we all had a great time. The staff were excellent, friendly, fun and profesional throughout the day. We were split into two rafts and had loads of laughs, you WILL get wet!
One of the groups had a couple of poor swimmers in it and they spent as much time in the water as they did in the raft, but they absolutley loved it!
We all felt that the day was outstanding value and can't wait to go again.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank gavd_11
Reviewed 9 June 2011

I went to the Nottingham Cable last week for a day out with my friends, trying out somewhere different to the cables in Bedford and Milton Keynes we had been to a couple of times previously. I had seen the other review saying how disappointing it was which did make me feel somewhat worried. However after my day there i saw how wrong they were.

When we got there we booked in at the reception, the receptionist was very helpful, and wegot changed into the kit provided. The wetsuits kept us warm and the buoyancy aids were the real deal.

Then we were taking down to the cable to get wet ! I was abit apprehensive due to the fact it was full (21 people including us) and was hoping not to take part in the "longest wait in the country" ! For starters when i went to bedford there must have been 40 riders in one session, that is a long wait. The queue was never more than 10 minutes and we got loads of goes.

The staff were all great and very helpful. Some of them were fairly young, however they were extremely knowledgeable and very advanced riders. They briefed us all on how to get round on a kneeboard and all the safety issues involved. Then we did it for real. After we got to grips with kneeboarding the staff taught us how to all how to wakeboard. I was surprised how easy they made it for us and the cable was great.

We had an amazing day out and i would recommend it to anyone :)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank extremesporter
Reviewed 11 May 2011

The staff were frendly and very helpful - beyond the call of duty actually, but.........,

The rooms are tired and dated, very much in need of refurbishment and vastly overpriced at £59 per night.

It was like staying in a University Hall of Residence - in 1975........,

Food was dire. Seemed to be made with the cheapest of ingredients. It is difficult to make pasta inedible - but somehow they managed it!

Need to reduce prices or invest in the place!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank pentlandfield
Reviewed 6 November 2010

I never got to do my white water rafting course because the staff at the National Water sports centre white water rafting centre is so incompetent.
I got given a voucher to redeem, so did the right thing in ringing up the white water rafting centre. As requested by Nicola on the phone, I sent my voucher to them with my details for me to be contacted. Weeks later I still had no news from Nicola. So I rang up and asked about my course. I was assured by the course supervisor Paul [--] that I would be contacted that day to book me on the course. Needless to say this never happened so I gave it a bit more time. I never got contacted so I rang again only to be told the reservations team will contact me that day to book me in. This never happened so I rang back again and got told my voucher was never received. I stupidly did not send it in recorded delivery but I did keep a copy of it, so I sent the copy over by email. When I rang up to follow up (still the team there had not worked out how to call me) I was told my voucher had expired and therefore I couldn't do the course. Yes the voucher had expired by now, but 8 weeks had gone without me being contacted! So in my opinion such an organisation should be appologetic and book me on the course as soon as was possible. But no, that was the end of it. Nothing for me to do! According to Paul it was all my own fault and they had no proof of my conversation with Nicola and that I had sent the voucher in on time.
How dare they treat a customer that way ?! Obviously they don't understand customer satisfaction and service. I will never be doing any water sports at the national water sports centre again!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
#6 of 41 in Nottingham
The Bingham Townhouse
The Bingham Townhouse
#1 of 1 in Bingham

Been to National Water Sports Centre Hotel & Campsite? Share your experiences!