“Expensive”

Ciao Pasta
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Northfield
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The food was great, the atmosphere was good, the service was good, but everything is charged individually so by the time the total is given, it is expensive for what you got. I have not gone back because there are other places more desireable to me.

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Ciao's claims of authenticity are over-stated, for sure, and it's claims about hand-made, fresh pasta are even more dubious, but all-in-all the food is pretty good in an area where the next best bet for Italian has the words "hut" or "uno" in the restaurant name. At least at the original Franklin branch. I was pretty excited to see a outpost closer to home in Northfield, but it had been a big let-down. It's tragically slow, and on two of three occassions, my party was served spoiled food -- first a peice of haddock for someone in my party that was so foul-smelling it put me off my dinner, then noodles served to my toddler doused in rancid butter. Unfortunate, but unsupportable.

Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

I have gone there two times the first time the owner was yelling at his workers in frount of customers. My 10 year old child was looking at the sign on the door for the time they open she saw the owner inside he made a hand move movement for her too go away he's such an jerk We gave it a second chance he asked us if my kids were well behaved I said yes they are he said I will have too sit you in the kid section what an jerk we left.. The employees all look so unhappy no wounder why. Needs new owner ship this Guy is the reason this place is dead most of the time.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Heard many good things about this place so we gave it a try. It was very clean, simple yet nice Italian decor, service was good. The menu had you choose the pasta, sauce and add ons so you had many possibilities. The food was satisfying, but not nearly what I would call authentic Italian. I would return for a quiet satisfying meal, but would not go there if I were craving an Italian meal.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Finally got around to visiting this restaurant, but it won't be our last. Love how you can chose the pasta, sauce, and add on, so you can make it just like you want it. I had the bowtie pasta with alfredo sauce and the Parmesan crusted chicken breast. My husband had the veal special with pasta and fra diavolo sauce (very spicy and tasty). We both enjoyed our meals, and had enough to bring home for another meal. Very clean restaurant, friendly and quick service, and the price was very reasonable.

Been to Ciao Pasta? Share your experiences!