“Consistent Good Quality” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly
Australia
“Consistent Good Quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

Sure, the decor may be dated. Sure, this is no fine dining establishment. But what you get is consistent focus on the main thing - top quality steaks served just right with the minimum distractions . Its all about the carnivores and they do it just right. You get to choose your cut and be guided by the owner who has been doing this for a long time. The Steak Bank has been a favourite with my extended family for well over ten years. Simply steaks done superbly!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AustraliaAnthony

“A meat-eaters paradise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

There are no pretences at the Steak Bank. Great meat selection, simple salad, great chips.
The meat selection is vast, and the beef parts are the owner's own! The process? Select the cut, tell Phil the amazig Chef how you'd like it (or even better, let them select and serve as they usually do....it's all about trust!) and relax with a pre-dinner drink. The wine selection is strong, service reliable and the interesting aspect? John the owner seems to know most people who arrive. That means lots of "returns", reflecting a great dining experience.

• Visited March 2013
Perm, Russia
“Outstanding and reasonable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

On a business trip to Melbourn my colleague introduced me to this eatery. While they had quite a selection of exotic meats I opted for the rib eye. I think that is one of the best steaks I have ever had! Not a lot of selection of sides but with meat like that and cooked to perfection who cares? The owner was very friendly and the staff very good without being too bothersome. If I return to the area I will visit again.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Absolutely Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

I have visited this Steak Restaurant several times now and it does not disappoint, the simple ambience, the attentive staff, the large selection of Entrees, mains and deserts as well as the absolutely wonderful steaks, this place ranks highly on my best meals ever.

If you love good food and excellent service you will love this place.

• Visited December 2012
“First time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

We went there for a meal after being told how great it was, and I must admit that I was a bit disappointed. The steaks looked lovely, and the members of our party that had them said that they were really good, but as I am not a steak eater I had the fish. Firstly, the fish was absolutely beautiful, cooked to perfection, but even at a pub I have not had to pull bones out of my fish as I am eating it, and no it was not just one bone, but 10. Luckily I am very careful eating fish and did see the bones before eating so I did not choke or hurt my mouth on them, but someone with bad eyesight might not be as lucky.
As I have said though, mostly it was a good night, but bones in fish is a no no in any restaurant.

• Visited July 2012