“The New Inn”

Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Wedmore
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Haddock and chips................freshest I have ever tasted. Excellent. A good selection of real ales. Allowed to park up with a very van overnight, thank you so much for that.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

A group of 22 of us descended on the New Inn yesterday evening after a walk! We had already made our menu choices so the chef was able to organise our food as soon as we arrived back. Obviously there was a wait but in good company you do not worry about this. The food was served all together except the people who had ordered fish and chips when they had a longer wait, but did agree the wait was worth it. Good service, good food and very reasonable price paid for the amount on the plates and very pleasant staff. Well done everyone

1  Thank Janet S
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I always go for the specials board, especially when there is a different duck recipe, or sometimes venison. The food is always cooked and presented well.
Their steaks are good, but I usually do not order this as I am very fussy about the way my steak is cooked.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

A very friendly pub, proper local! Food extremely good. Would always go here when we return to Wedmore

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Whilst staying nearby we were recommended either the New Inn or Nanny ida's for an evening meal, but as N.I. was closed chose New Inn, and were very glad we did. A friendly welcome awaited us from the off.
This is a CAMRA pub serving local ales and ciders, and had a wide selection to choose from. Both of the ales I drank were excellent.
Food wise, whilst the selection on offer wasn't massive - traditional "English" fare - it varied enough. Mains were about £8-£12. The four of us each selcted different dishes and were all extremely satisfed with what was served, obviously freshly cooked, with fresh vegetables, and good portions. The only possible criticism was that there was no kids menu per se, though I'm sure had we asked smaller portions couldhave been served. That said, our two polished off everything in front of them, so it wasn't an issue !
There were a variety of games in the pub to keep you amused, and the night we were there, a touring band of Morris men entertained us all in the courtyard, and afterwards in the pub as they continued to play their instruments.
All in all an excellent evening, in an excellent local pub.