My husband and I spent 6 nights at Cap Maison for our honeymoon this November, and we would return if we went back to St. Lucia. We had a suite with a roof terrace and pool and I would definitely recommend it if you can afford it. The suite was tremendous, with a powder room, spacious full kitchen, large living and dining area with balcony, large air-conditioned master bedroom with a balcony and a large, luxurious master bathroom. The roof terrace was also very large with a nice plunge pool, loungers, a mini-fridge for drinks and a beautiful view. The beach is lush and private, though be warned that the steps are steep to get there and there is no bathroom at the beach. We ate most of our meals at the resort and we were never disappointed. We were prepared to spend a lot on food and drink based on other reviews, but I actually found the prices to be quite reasonable for a resort of this nature. (Why go to a bar when you could open the $5 Piton beer in your fridge....on par with what we'd pay for a beer out at home in the city?) Housekeeping was friendly and very thorough and left small water bottles on our nightstand each evening, which we appreciated since it was very humid. We did find the "scene" at the resort to be pretty quiet; it was not unusual for us to be the only people having a drink at the bar before or after dinner. I had a nice massage one day, though I thought it slightly overpriced for a small spa with few extra amenities. In any event, we would certainly return, though we'd consider splitting our trip at another resort that is closer to Souferie attractions and the airport (the ride was about 1.5-2 hours). Oh, and bring your bug spray as we discovered that the mosquitos are generally quite active in St. Lucia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cap Maison is a new family owned and managed five star boutique resort. Located above a beautiful secluded sandy cove on the north west coast of St Lucia, Cap Maison offers luxury private villa suites, many with private rooftop pools. Facilities include a waterfront fine dining restaurant, spa, fully equipped fitness centre, walk in wine cellar, beach club with chaise lounge service, free non motorised water sports, a hiking and running club, private 46 foot resort boat, club lounge with (computer access) and concessionary golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, West Indies, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cap Maison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Maison Hotel Cap Estate
- Cap Maison Gros Islet
- Cap Maison Hotel Gros Islet
- Cap Maison St. Lucia/Cap Estate