Cap Maison
blu St Lucia(Gros Islet)
US$156
US$134
Travelocity
Villa Cleopatra(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
US$783
Orbitz.com
Palm Haven Hotel(Gros Islet)
US$187
US$157
US$457
US$211
The Ginger Lily Hotel(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
US$180
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe cliffnaked fishermanrooftop poolrock maisonbeach barvilla suiterodney baybeach packageour honeymoonst luciaprivate yachtsecluded beachglass of champagnemosquito netboutique hotelfull kitchensmugglers cove
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My Fiance and I spent the week between Christmas and New Years at the Cap Maison and it was truly magnificent. I have had the fortunate opportunity to stay at a number of wonderful resorts in the Caribbean. The Cap Maison was the best. Individuals, couples and families with small children will have a wonderful, relaxing vacation while enjoying all the wonders of St. Lucia.

Here is a quick recap of the various ammenities:

The Room: Our room was spacious and clean. Unfortunately, we were given a room whereby two twin beds had been pushed together, but outside of that small hiccup - the decor and space was wonderful. We had a lovely deck where we watched the sun set every night. Some people mentioned the wildlife as an issue for sleeping - coming from New York this was a wonderful treat - it felt like we were sleeping in a real rain forest! Some of the best sleep I have had in a long time!

The Pool: I always find at resorts you have to get up super early to stake out your pool chair space. Not at Cap Maison. There were plenty of chairs, umbrella's and seating options for everyone. The pool was the perfect size and it fit the resort well. It was nice to sit poolside at 5 pm EST, watch the sunset and speak with the wonderful staff!

Beach Access: They have access to a private beach where you can access non-motorized water activities. The staff, chef and bartender down at the beach are wonderful! They had an awesome lunch, which I do recommend! I also recommend trying some of the off resort water activities to see other parts of the island, but the beach at Cap is a great way to spend the day doing all sorts of activities!

The Restaurant (Cliff at Cap): Its a great spot for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We did have one bad dinning experience, but that was due to a staff shortage. This only happened once due to some staff members calling in sick. That being said, they have a wonderful team running the establishment and this was probably the best or one of the best restaurants on the island. The food was wonderful, but I do recommend leaving the resort to try some of the other restaurants in Rodney Bay. However, if you are a resort "home body" the Cliff at Cap will not let you down at all.

The Spa: We treated ourselves to a number of spa treatments. I am by no means an expert in this department, but my Fiance and I were impressed. The expense was reasonable, they had a number of options and the services themselves were wonderful.

The other facilities: There is a great gym on the premise and you have access to the interview via Wi-Fi and hard line.

The Staff: The people of St. Lucia are the nicest people I think I have met anywhere in the Caribbean maybe even the world. This is especially true for the staff at Cap Maison. They are always willing to go the extra mile and they did a wondeful job at providing you with whatever you need including scheduling adventure trips, arranging taxi's or giving you an opinion on a restaurant. The General Manager, Ross, was on-site to welcome us upon our arrival. He even showed us how to get to the beach. The staff at Cap Maison really make your visit to St. Lucia complete!

One Con: I will tell you the Cap Maison is expensive, but you do pay for what you get. I will admit I didn't do much research on other resorts because Cap was so highly rated, but please be advise that you are paying for a luxury vacation at Cap Maison. This may not be for everyone, but it is something to consider when planning a vacation. However, I knew what the cost could be and for my first luxury vacation in four years - it was well worth it!

We had a wonderful trip, we can't thank Ross and his team enough and we have already suggested to our Families that they consider make a trip down to Cap Maison in St. Lucia.

7  Thank bigrivel
Reviewed 3 January 2012

The drive from the airport we flew into was long, but great because we got to see the whole island and the micro ecosystems.

The suite was more like a castle. The beach was so private we were the only ones there. The snorkeling right there was fantastic. We had the whole beach to ourselves for most of the trip. The food was good but not the best I've ever had. But still great. There is only one restaurant and this is not a big party place. I loved that about it.

Try the peak to beach package. Wish I could afford to go back!! This is the trip of a lifetime.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank 32CTay32
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Ever think about how you would design the perfect Caribbean resort? On my husband's and my wish-list would be a gorgeous setting, spacious and comfortable accommodations, a fine restaurant, an efficient and friendly staff, and a wonderful beach with great snorkeling. Cap Maison in late December 2011 came very close to fulfilling all of our wishes.

"Casual elegance" is an overused term in the travel business, but it works for Cap Maison. Don't go there expecting glitz, just quiet beauty, fine materials, attention to detail.

I must have picked up a nasty bug on the flight down to St. Lucia, because by the mid-point of our stay, I had a serious sinus/ear infection. I told the receptionist I needed to see a doctor, and she said she'd call me back when she had something to tell me. We went to lunch, and within a couple of minutes, I was summoned to the phone. The doctor was on the line, heard my story, and said he'd be with me in an hour or so. Right on time, he showed up in my room, diagnosed me and gave me an antibiotic. You can imagine how grateful I was not to have to struggle into town and sit in a walk-in clinic for hours. I was sick the rest of our stay, I'm afraid, but everyone at the hotel went out of their way to help me make the best of the situation.

The food at the resort's restaurant, The Cliff at Cap, is outstanding. The open-air dining room is laid out cleverly to catch the breezes and provide shade and protection from the tropical showers as needed. Since I wasn't feeling well, we ate more of our meals in-house than we had planned, but we never felt deprived. Service was always professional and friendly. Petrus, our waiter on New Year's Eve, was especially gracious. Cyril, who seemed to be everybody's friend in the bar and restaurant, always greeted us by name, shook our hands and made us feel welcome each time we saw him.

During the 10 days of our stay, the weather did not cooperate fully for snorkeling. Winds were high and the sea was wavy most of the time. Down on the pretty beach far below the resort, we were told the visibility wasn't very good because the sand had been so roiled by the waves. No matter; we spent pleasant hours relaxing and reading by the sea, enjoying the view and the peace. A caveat here: if the resort is full and the water conditions are good, you might find all the beach chairs taken if you don't get down to the beach before lunchtime. Another caveat: there is a long, steep stairway leading to the beach, over 90 steps, and there are no bathroom facilities down there. Oddly, we were told in reception that there WAS a restroom at the beach, but alas, it's not true.

After learning about the limitations of the beach, we were happy enough to spend most of our time lounging either by the pool or on our own huge covered loggia with its own large plunge pool and spectacular views out to sea. Our suite, #1, is really too big for just two people, with a full living room/dining area, large bedroom and bath, powder room and full kitchen. We were not complaining! Only the bedroom area has AC, and although the living area did get a bit humid at times, ceiling fans and jalousied louvers kept the breezes moving. We spent most of our time outdoors anyway. There were almost no mosquitoes in evidence.

At many of the high-end Caribbean resorts we've visited, beach/pool-side beverage service is more of a dream than a reality. Not at Cap Maison; refreshment was offered and served frequently and efficiently. We agree with another reviewer that a few more shade umbrellas at the main pool would be helpful. Hint: before lunchtime, the two lounge chairs on the upper level of the pool provide great shade or sun, as you wish. After lunch, the sun angle makes that location a bit of an oven, since the umbrellas do not tilt and cannot be easily moved around.

Cap Maison is located an easy 15 minute cab ride ($16 each way) from Rodney Bay. We did not have a chance to explore the shopping, but there is a lively restaurant scene. We had dinner at The Edge, which as the name implies is located directly on the harbor. Our table seemed to be hanging over the water. Chef Bobo, purveyor of "Eurobbean" fusion cuisine, welcomed us and personally saw to our wobbly table. Try the tasting menu if you go. Superb.

Room Tip: The suites with rooftop pools looked wonderful, but we were too late to grab one. Our room, #1, was very convenient to the pool and restaurant, with its own little grassy front lawn and plenty of privacy via thick hedges.
3  Thank skilover53
Reviewed 28 December 2011

A very nice hotel with very good apartments. We had a top apartment with a pool on the roof terrace, very nice. Stairs down (85 steps) to a very wind beach.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Salt31
Reviewed 26 December 2011

My Husband and I stayed at the Cap the week before Christmas as we were attending a wedding there. We had a really lovely time and would love to go back. The hotel is situated in the northern part of the island and so the transfer is a good 2 hour drive, so we opted for the helicopter transfer which is only 12 mins and a fantastic service that makes the journey so much more bearable. On arrival we were showed our room which was amazing, the best in the house (no.3). It was fantastically well equipped and spacious with breathtaking views from the rooftop. On the rooftop terrace we had a plunge pool, a small gazebo for shade with table and chairs and four sunbeds which were really comfortable.Not all the rooms had a sea view but all of them well located overlooking the gardens which were well maintained. The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful and made it feel as though we were staying in somebody's home, small but friendly and not at all stuffy. Most importantly the whole resort felt so safe, we often left our door unlocked for our friends to come and go. We have 4 teenage children but I don't think this was for them,(even though there were small children there) as the pool area is small and the resort quiet, although we absolutely loved it. If I had one small criticism I felt the menu was slightly limited although delicious and pay per view for the rooms would be an added bonus but that is searching for a small negative. We had been put off the caribbean after staying in Barbados and not enjoying it but I would definately recommend St.Lucia and the Cap Maison. Thanks to all there.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs offer the best views. Recommend the rooms with private pools.
4  Thank Bloomers_10