“Beautiful resort”
Review of Cap Maison

Cap Maison
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Cap Estate
Reviewed 29 May 2012

A really great find in St Lucia. Beautiful resort.

Pros:
*Suites are large. We had two bedroom ocean suite and it was two stories. The rooftop has a private pool and the area is large and spacious for drinks, dinner, etc.
*Beautiful views and you are truly in an exclusive area with privacy all around

Cons:
*The beach that is advertised as "private" is not actually private but public. It was very close to hotel so that was a pro and the bar was fun. But there were a lot of locals hanging out so it wasn't that 'private'.
*Transportation around island. The hotel does not really offer this? We got harassed by locals on the beach to pay them to drive us into town. We ended up renting a car to drive around the island which I believe the hotel helped set up but you have to ask them for this, they do not readily provide this info.
*Hotel restaurant service was not that great. For this type of resort you would expect 5 star service all the way. Also with check in the service was not 5 star.
*Activities. The hotel does not offer a lot of activities and if they do they were not advertised to us.

Overall a nice hotel. I would say this hotel is a true 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank jenesaisquoiV
RossCS, General Manager at Cap Maison, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Thank you very much for writing your review following your stay with us and I apologize that information was not readily available with regards to transportation which is available at a moment’s notice.

I would also like to confirm that there are no "private" beaches in St Lucia, one of the advantages of the beach we look over is that we are a little away from the main tourist areas and therefore it is typically quieter and more tranquil than most

Kind regards

Ross

Ross Stevenson

Reviewed 28 May 2012

After Lader this is a small piece of Paradise. We were stunned by the size , quality and beautiful views from our Oceanview Villa Suite with Indinity pool. The sheer size of the rooms- large lounge dinig room+ kitchen - x3 verandahs all with loungers - garden with Gazebo - pool and it just goes on . The outlook for this room ( Room19 ) is exceptional on the edge of the cliff overlooking the hotels discreet bay . The food at The Cliff restaurant is high quality and plentiful we loved the fois grois starter and the mains were equally good. The wine list is extensive and the sommelier knowledgable. Once again the St Lucian welcome and friendliness of the staff a real highlight. I would most definitely return !!!!

Room Tip: Room 19 is too die for !
4  Thank AndyDave

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review and it was great to read that you both enjoyed your time spent at Cap Maison and we thank you for choosing to stay with us whilst in St Lucia.

Really good to see that you would choose to return and we look forward to the opportunity of looking after you again!

Kind regards

Ross

Ross Stevenson

Reviewed 28 May 2012

My fiancee and I just got back from a spectacular long weekend at Cap Maison. We really are sad to leave because it was one of the most special and unique places we have ever stayed at. Since the moment we expressed interest in booking a trip to Cap, the GM, Ross Stevenson, has been attentive, available and made us feel very welcome. It was nice to arrive at the hotel after a very long trip to be greeted by Ross (holding out an umbrella because it was raining), the warm staff and 2 glasses of champagne. The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful. We actually took a bunch of pictures so we could use them to decorate our house later ;). It is a boutique hotel with a Spanish / Mediterranean feel and lush / tropical grounds. The hotel itself is only three and a half years old even though the decor is more of an old world style. We felt totally transported, as if we were staying in a villa on the Rivieras. It's cliffside location is breathtaking and the views from the rooms (we got to see a couple different rooms) are spectacular.

We found the entire staff there to be friendly, considerate and warm. There was not a single waiter, bartender, staff member, groundskeeper, etc... that did not look up from what they were doing, smile and say "good morning" or "how is your vacation so far?" There were times that staff members would, without us asking, offer to take our pictures, seeing us with our cameras out, even if they were in the middle of doing something else. Our server at breakfast knew what our food preferences were after the first day of being there! All we can say is, the word, "no" was in no one's vocabulary at Cap Maison.

We were very happy with the food, the wines we tried were very good and the bar prides itself on using only fresh ingredients. We mostly ate at Cap Maison's restaurant "The Cliff" though we did venture out to the Rodney Bay Marina (10 minute cab ride) for dinner at the Edge which we were happy with. There is also the resort "Le Sport" which is a short walk away and has a waterfront bar and restaurant.

We got to join a few other couples on a group charter of the Cap Maison 1 (the resorts boat) and had a great time. We were running late after a day of sight seeing and were considering canceling so we called reception. They called the captain, asked them to wait for us, called us back and we were able to catch up with everyone at the marina.

We noticed a couple "average" reviews below on tripadvisor and are very surprised. There is certainly nothing "average" about this resort. This was a very special experience, we will absolutely be back.

1  Thank JCSun2011
Reviewed 26 May 2012

My husband came here in May 2012 on our honeymoon. Despite the weather (humid and rain spells) it was the most perfect place to spend our honeymoon. We were met with a glass of champagne, shown around the main reception house and personally taken to our ocean view villa suite with a jacuzzi. There was complimentary rum punch and cookies waiting for us in our villa and an invite from the manager to go for complimentary cocktails the following evening at the Cliffs at Cap - the restaurant. Our honeymoon deal included breakfast - amazing breakfasts - so much choice on the menu, a couples massage and a sunset cruise. Unfortunately we couldn't make the sunset cruise so the hotel gave us a resort credit which we used for dinner in their restaurant. Vegetarians may struggle a little with the restaurant menu but the staff are happy to help substitute courses.
The villa was wonderful - bottles of water each evening with turn down service and mosquito net around bed. I recommend using it! There is a lot of noise at night - if you like hearing the sound of waves crashing on the shore, birds and crickets you will love the ocean view room. If you like silence at night you will need to adapt quickly! There is a private beach with a beach bar which does excellent cocktails and also free Wifi in the main reception house. Rodney Bay is only a 10 minute taxi ride away if you want some more variety in the evening for your dinner and the hotel have a local taxi chap, Charlie, who provides an excellent, safe and reasonable service.
If you are looking for a perfect relaxing paradise for honeymoon or break then this is the place.

Room Tip: Ocean View Villa Suite with jacuzzi has three verandas (all private to your suite)
Reviewed 10 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at this resort during our honeymoon. I have to say it was the best time of my life. We had a beatiful villa overlooking the carribean. Every morning we would drink coffee on our own huge orivate patio. The private pool was big, clean and warm. The place was clean. The houskeeping was exceptional. Our room was huge and beautiful. The beach near the resort is amazing. Its private and breathtaking. The food at the cliff was exceptional. We never had such wonderful food and service. The staff was warm and friendly. They always greeted us by name and made us feel like royalty. I can't say enough about this place. We had a wonderful massage! If your looking for romance and beauty this is it. The cap made our honeymoon perfect. It exceeded our expectations. T

• Stayed: August 2011
9  Thank miketaree
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I have not yet left New York and I am already in awe of this hotel and its staff. As a veteran in the Luxury Travel Industry I have traveled globally and have extremely high standards for service and experience at the hotels I choose to stay with. Never before have I been so "WOWED" before even leaving my home!
This morning we missed our flight due to unforseen delays on the New York City Mass Transit System. Jet Blue would not allow us to check in and there is not another flight until Saturday (it's Thursday right now, FYI), and there are NO flight sout of St. Lucia on Tuesday or Wednesday! After calling my office, which happens to be Ovation Travel, my co worker figured out I could fly Saturday to Thursday for very little extra money in fare difference if I could change my reservation at the hotel.
I immediately called the hotel to alert them I would not be checking in today, Ms Dey Meyers in the Reservations Department was clear and professional very sweet but not drawn out. Amazing!! She gladly changed my reservation and pointed out I am now staying for FIVE nights when my original reservation was for FOUR. ( I hadn't realized this myself when my co worker suggested the new dates I just assumed it was the same amount of time.) Ms Meyers didn't mind at all and confirmed me for the new dates at the same rate and was so happy to do so. She seemed genuinely happy that I was able to rebook my trip. She made me feel very Welcome and I hope she's there on Saturday so I can give her a huge hug.
A special thanks to Ross, the GM, who was the master mind behind the whole trip and approved my last minute changes.

3  Thank Gina P
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We just got back from our Honeymoon at Cap Maison and our expectations were exceeded all around! I looked at a variety of resorts in St. Lucia and read a ton of reviews and of course you can always find negative reviews, but Cap Maison was great. We stayed in an ocean view hot tub villa, it was spacious and the views were amazing.

The service was also top notch, on the day we arrived Keizha (the concierge) helped us to set up excursions and gave us suggestions as to where we should explore. She also gave us a itenary for the week and made sure our transportation was on time. The food was great, the menu isn't huge, but we ate off the resort a few night and the Cliff had the best food and service in St. Lucia. It's worth mentioned too that we also asked for a few things that weren't on the menu and the chef prepared it for us. We also ate dinner at Rock Masion and our waitress Allison gave us a great experience. Down at the beach we went snorkeling and kayaking and were able to just relax due to the beach being so private, the staff again was very attentive.

Overall if we make a trip back to St. Lucia Cap Maison is where we'd stay. Our expectations were exceeded... and for us that isn't easy to do!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Anse Cochon
Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort

Been to Cap Maison? Share your experiences!