“A Gem in Paradise!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cap Estate
Visalia, California
“A Gem in Paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

We just returned from a week stay at Cap Maison in St. Lucia May 26 - June 2 and it is truly WOW - It is so hard to put into words the wonderful trip we had. Ross the GM greeted us at the door with a glass of champagne and a cool towel and from the moment we stepped on the property we were treated wonderfully. The property is so beautiful that we did not want to leave. Cap Maison provides that unique quality of excllence that most resorts do not have. From the time we booked our trip Ross the GM has been very attentive and helpful via emails to answer any questions we had. A true 5 STAR +++++ service from the time we booked!!

We had a beautiful 1 bedroom villa suite (room 30) with kitchen, living room, huge master bedroom with jacuzzi on the balcony and then rooftop lounge area!! We overlooked the breathtaking view of the Cap Maison beach and each night had the ocean waves sing us to sleep! The infinity pool is amazing, grounds are wonderfully maintained and everywhere you walk from the Gazebo down to the beach, Cap Rock it is truly a hidden Gem!

We did take an all day tour with our driver Bruno from Executive Tours and did a land / sea trip. Bruno picked us up at the airport (which Cap maison arranged) and he was so friendly and gave us so much information about the island that we wanted him for our all day trip. Kenezia was wonderful at making sure that our trip was booked and Bruno would be our driver. He took us down the west side to see Marigot bay, fishing villages, Rainforest, Diamond Waterfall, showed us banana plantations, cocoa plantation, Pitons, lunch overlooking ocean and then put us on a cattameran for our sea trip back where he returned us to Cap Maison.

We spent days at the beach and pool, had a couples massage, sunset cruise on their yacht (totally awesome and highly recommend) and met wonderful guests from all over the world. The staff were all so friendly and one day I was asking about the resort and how it came about and Ollie (the owners son who was born in the house on property) walked in and he stopped and said hello and we talked for a few minutes. So friendly, warm and very genuine. What a treat!

Every morning breakfast at The Cliff at Cap resturant was so beautiful. The open air resturant over looking Pigeon Island is breathtaking. We opted to not use our Champagne Breakfast in bed as we loved spending our mornings at the resturant. We had dinner most nights at The Cliff at Cap and one night went to Rodney Bay and had dinner at The Big Chef steakhouse which has great steaks. The waiters at The Big Chef were not as friendly as The Cliff at Cap resturant.

The night we celebrated our Anniversary we arrived back to our room after a lovely dinner to find a beautiful candlelit room with flowers on the bed and Happy Anniversary written with leaves at the foot of the bed. What a memorable and special treat by Cap Maison!

When we left I was crying as we did not want to leave this Gem we had found at Cap Maison. We had become family. Everyone made us feel so welcome. No matter where we walked on the property whether it was a cleaning woman, gardner, waiter - they all took the time to smile and say hello.

It was truly the most wonderful, exotic and memorable vacation anyone could have. We are so thankful we chose Cap Maison in St. Lucia for our vacation. Cap Maison truly is WOW and I look forward to returning again soon.

1 Thank lcmm03
RossCS, General Manager at Cap Maison, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us and thank you both for making the journey all the way from the west coast of America - it is very much appreciated!

I was delighted to read your recall of your time spent on the beautiful island that is St Lucia and indeed of the people you met on your travels both staff and fellow guests

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your anniversary with us at Cap Maison and we very much look forward to looking after you both in the future

With kind regards

Ross Stevenson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

A really great find in St Lucia. Beautiful resort.

Pros:
*Suites are large. We had two bedroom ocean suite and it was two stories. The rooftop has a private pool and the area is large and spacious for drinks, dinner, etc.
*Beautiful views and you are truly in an exclusive area with privacy all around

Cons:
*The beach that is advertised as "private" is not actually private but public. It was very close to hotel so that was a pro and the bar was fun. But there were a lot of locals hanging out so it wasn't that 'private'.
*Transportation around island. The hotel does not really offer this? We got harassed by locals on the beach to pay them to drive us into town. We ended up renting a car to drive around the island which I believe the hotel helped set up but you have to ask them for this, they do not readily provide this info.
*Hotel restaurant service was not that great. For this type of resort you would expect 5 star service all the way. Also with check in the service was not 5 star.
*Activities. The hotel does not offer a lot of activities and if they do they were not advertised to us.

Overall a nice hotel. I would say this hotel is a true 4 star hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank jenesaisquoiV
RossCS, General Manager at Cap Maison, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Thank you very much for writing your review following your stay with us and I apologize that information was not readily available with regards to transportation which is available at a moment’s notice.

I would also like to confirm that there are no "private" beaches in St Lucia, one of the advantages of the beach we look over is that we are a little away from the main tourist areas and therefore it is typically quieter and more tranquil than most

Kind regards

Crawley,West Sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

After Lader this is a small piece of Paradise. We were stunned by the size , quality and beautiful views from our Oceanview Villa Suite with Indinity pool. The sheer size of the rooms- large lounge dinig room+ kitchen - x3 verandahs all with loungers - garden with Gazebo - pool and it just goes on . The outlook for this room ( Room19 ) is exceptional on the edge of the cliff overlooking the hotels discreet bay . The food at The Cliff restaurant is high quality and plentiful we loved the fois grois starter and the mains were equally good. The wine list is extensive and the sommelier knowledgable. Once again the St Lucian welcome and friendliness of the staff a real highlight. I would most definitely return !!!!

Room Tip: Room 19 is too die for !
4 Thank AndyDave
RossCS, General Manager at Cap Maison, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review and it was great to read that you both enjoyed your time spent at Cap Maison and we thank you for choosing to stay with us whilst in St Lucia.

Really good to see that you would choose to return and we look forward to the opportunity of looking after you again!

Kind regards

Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

My fiancee and I just got back from a spectacular long weekend at Cap Maison. We really are sad to leave because it was one of the most special and unique places we have ever stayed at. Since the moment we expressed interest in booking a trip to Cap, the GM, Ross Stevenson, has been attentive, available and made us feel very welcome. It was nice to arrive at the hotel after a very long trip to be greeted by Ross (holding out an umbrella because it was raining), the warm staff and 2 glasses of champagne. The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful. We actually took a bunch of pictures so we could use them to decorate our house later ;). It is a boutique hotel with a Spanish / Mediterranean feel and lush / tropical grounds. The hotel itself is only three and a half years old even though the decor is more of an old world style. We felt totally transported, as if we were staying in a villa on the Rivieras. It's cliffside location is breathtaking and the views from the rooms (we got to see a couple different rooms) are spectacular.

We found the entire staff there to be friendly, considerate and warm. There was not a single waiter, bartender, staff member, groundskeeper, etc... that did not look up from what they were doing, smile and say "good morning" or "how is your vacation so far?" There were times that staff members would, without us asking, offer to take our pictures, seeing us with our cameras out, even if they were in the middle of doing something else. Our server at breakfast knew what our food preferences were after the first day of being there! All we can say is, the word, "no" was in no one's vocabulary at Cap Maison.

We were very happy with the food, the wines we tried were very good and the bar prides itself on using only fresh ingredients. We mostly ate at Cap Maison's restaurant "The Cliff" though we did venture out to the Rodney Bay Marina (10 minute cab ride) for dinner at the Edge which we were happy with. There is also the resort "Le Sport" which is a short walk away and has a waterfront bar and restaurant.

We got to join a few other couples on a group charter of the Cap Maison 1 (the resorts boat) and had a great time. We were running late after a day of sight seeing and were considering canceling so we called reception. They called the captain, asked them to wait for us, called us back and we were able to catch up with everyone at the marina.

We noticed a couple "average" reviews below on tripadvisor and are very surprised. There is certainly nothing "average" about this resort. This was a very special experience, we will absolutely be back.

1 Thank JCSun2011
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

My husband came here in May 2012 on our honeymoon. Despite the weather (humid and rain spells) it was the most perfect place to spend our honeymoon. We were met with a glass of champagne, shown around the main reception house and personally taken to our ocean view villa suite with a jacuzzi. There was complimentary rum punch and cookies waiting for us in our villa and an invite from the manager to go for complimentary cocktails the following evening at the Cliffs at Cap - the restaurant. Our honeymoon deal included breakfast - amazing breakfasts - so much choice on the menu, a couples massage and a sunset cruise. Unfortunately we couldn't make the sunset cruise so the hotel gave us a resort credit which we used for dinner in their restaurant. Vegetarians may struggle a little with the restaurant menu but the staff are happy to help substitute courses.
The villa was wonderful - bottles of water each evening with turn down service and mosquito net around bed. I recommend using it! There is a lot of noise at night - if you like hearing the sound of waves crashing on the shore, birds and crickets you will love the ocean view room. If you like silence at night you will need to adapt quickly! There is a private beach with a beach bar which does excellent cocktails and also free Wifi in the main reception house. Rodney Bay is only a 10 minute taxi ride away if you want some more variety in the evening for your dinner and the hotel have a local taxi chap, Charlie, who provides an excellent, safe and reasonable service.
If you are looking for a perfect relaxing paradise for honeymoon or break then this is the place.

Room Tip: Ocean View Villa Suite with jacuzzi has three verandas (all private to your suite)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at this resort during our honeymoon. I have to say it was the best time of my life. We had a beatiful villa overlooking the carribean. Every morning we would drink coffee on our own huge orivate patio. The private pool was big, clean and warm. The place was clean. The houskeeping was exceptional. Our room was huge and beautiful. The beach near the resort is amazing. Its private and breathtaking. The food at the cliff was exceptional. We never had such wonderful food and service. The staff was warm and friendly. They always greeted us by name and made us feel like royalty. I can't say enough about this place. We had a wonderful massage! If your looking for romance and beauty this is it. The cap made our honeymoon perfect. It exceeded our expectations. T

• Stayed August 2011
9 Thank miketaree
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

I have not yet left New York and I am already in awe of this hotel and its staff. As a veteran in the Luxury Travel Industry I have traveled globally and have extremely high standards for service and experience at the hotels I choose to stay with. Never before have I been so "WOWED" before even leaving my home!
This morning we missed our flight due to unforseen delays on the New York City Mass Transit System. Jet Blue would not allow us to check in and there is not another flight until Saturday (it's Thursday right now, FYI), and there are NO flight sout of St. Lucia on Tuesday or Wednesday! After calling my office, which happens to be Ovation Travel, my co worker figured out I could fly Saturday to Thursday for very little extra money in fare difference if I could change my reservation at the hotel.
I immediately called the hotel to alert them I would not be checking in today, Ms Dey Meyers in the Reservations Department was clear and professional very sweet but not drawn out. Amazing!! She gladly changed my reservation and pointed out I am now staying for FIVE nights when my original reservation was for FOUR. ( I hadn't realized this myself when my co worker suggested the new dates I just assumed it was the same amount of time.) Ms Meyers didn't mind at all and confirmed me for the new dates at the same rate and was so happy to do so. She seemed genuinely happy that I was able to rebook my trip. She made me feel very Welcome and I hope she's there on Saturday so I can give her a huge hug.
A special thanks to Ross, the GM, who was the master mind behind the whole trip and approved my last minute changes.

3 Thank HOTELGALNY
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,132 reviews
East Winds
East Winds
#1 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Cap Maison? Share your experiences!