“Best Night's Sleep In Living History”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cap Maison

Cap Maison
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cap Estate
Antigua
“Best Night's Sleep In Living History”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

I found Cap Maison to be a completely romantic hide-away, cossetted in 5 star luxury and with service to match.....and I am still kicking myself for not having my wife join me whilst I was there on a recent business trip to St Lucia. The hotel oozes charm and easygoing sophistication, my suite had just about everything I could have imagined - almost in anticipation of what I was going to need or want for next! Fully fitted kitchen and living room, private swimming pool, garden and gazebo outside, Spacious romantic bathrooms with "his and hers" items and a simply glorious bath were admittedly a little "under-optimised" by myself as a single guest, as was the king-sized bed in the master bedroom - but oh my god, what an amazingly comfortable bed that was! - the mattress, pillows and "god knows how many thousand thread" cotton sheets resulted in the most glorious and tranquil night's sleep I have ever had. Summary? - This hotel is absolute heaven for any romantic couple and is definitely top on my list when I make a return visit to St Lucia - And next time I am coming with my wife!! Totally recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Mark A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

This hotel is in need of good make over. Definitely not 5 star, more 2 star.

Shower in room is poor with bad water pressure and hot water!
Toilet very rarely flushed properly.
Tiles around wash basin were chipped.

Beach was very small and sunbeds were very uncomfortable!
The beach food was a joke the tiny burgers were so expensive total rip off!

€15 dollars each way to escape the hotel to Rodeny bay.

The most overrated hotel I've ever stayed in. More 2 star than 5 star.

• Stayed May 2013
7 Thank Pingputter
RossCS, General Manager at Cap Maison, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Thank you for posting your review following your stay with us in May of this year

I am sorry that you encountered some plumbing issues which I note that were rectified as soon as you brought them to our attention

It is really hard to respond specifically to your review as clearly we did not meet your expectations and that price was an issue

I can only mention that food in general is a highlight of our guests stay - the mini beef sliders have been highlighted as some of our guest’s favorites in previous reviews

We try very hard to portray Cap Maison very carefully on our website as we meet our guests expectations and the location style and ambiance is I believe clearly described and portrayed within our website and marketing material

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

We had the pleasure of staying a Cap Maison for our honeymoon. Cap Maison was recommended to us by our travel agent in DC, Perfect Honeymoons. This hotel offers much more than a large resort. At Cap Maison you don't get the over crowded atmosphere that you get at some of the more popular "Sandals" type resorts.

Everyone is extremely friendly and most of the hotel staff remembered our names for the entire stay. Upon arrival, we were greeted with two glasses of champagne and given a private tour of the resort while our bags were taken to our room. We ran into the hotel manager Ross on our tour and he promptly greeted my wife by her new last name which made us both smile.

We spent the first few days not wanting to even leave the resort. The pool has a great view of the ocean and the mountain at Pigeon Island (which I recommend climbing). Lunch and drinks can be served to you poolside, and we highly recommend the snapper wraps. The pool chairs are the some of the most comfortable I've used. Even with a few people at the pool, it is laid out so it never feels crowded. The top level of the pool has a nice deep end.

If you'd like to switch up your location, you can take the short walk down to the beach to visit Sharline, Dunston, and Craig at the beach bar. Although you're still on property, it feels like a different location and a new thing to explore. At the beach, we recommend trying Sharline's Rockfuel, but only after enjoying the beach activities including sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, and snorkeling. Dunston gave us a great lesson on sailing and then we were off on our own. We surprisingly saw more fish snorkeling around the rocks at this beach than we did during a snorkeling stop on a Catamaran Tour to the Pitons. They also have a beach BBQ each Wednesday that includes great food off the grill, music, and a bonfire. We had a great time talking to Matthew, the Food and Beverage Manager at the BBQ.

The food at the restaurant is great. We had multiple people off resort tell us it was the best on the island. Our favorite meal may been the lunch Snapper wraps however everything was top notch. The dinner menu changes which was nice as we did the all inclusive option. If you want to do something special, you can have dinner down on the rock (on the ocean) where they can zipline you down some champagne or wine.

Our honeymoon suite was excellent. It was a two story villa with two balconies, a jacuzzi, bose sound system, king size four post bed, two bathrooms upstairs and down, a full kitchen, and a great view overlooking the beach and ocean. Although we didn't spend much time inside, it was great having all the space and great view.

All in all, I would highly recommend the hotel. It was great for our honeymoon, however there were also some families there with kids.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

We LOVED our stay at Cap Maison. I never write reviews but because this place was so romantic and wonderful, I have to tell people about this place.

The service was exceptional in the restaurant. The food was exceptional in the restaurant. The food was the BEST we have ever had anywhere!! We found ourselves getting so excited about the meals and explaining to the staff that we didn't normally eat dessert at every meal. :)

Vanessa, Maggie, Allison and "Goofy" (his nickname) were exceptional!! All the staff at the restaurant and beach bar were terrific! We met Clive at the beach after he prepared our tuna and he was very kind and a great chef as well.

I would highly recommend this place to all couples or families with older children (like high school or college). It is quiet, scenic and wonderful. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amy C
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

Firstly upon arrival at 11.30am there was no " warm welcome, how was your journey etc" we were just told rather frostily that our room wasn't ready and we could wait by the pool. No mention of our bags,or how we could get changed, it was only when the receptionist realised that we were not happy that she offered changing facilities in the spa. No mention of our bags again. When we expressed further disatisfaction we were offered a courtesy room. Why not offer this at the beginning???? and get us off to a good start.

We weren't too happy with the location of our room (5) but didn't complain (our fault and tiredness influenced that decision) we were overlooked when on the balcony and when we opened the doors in the morning. We felt a bit hemmed in.

At breakfast the next morning we started realising that the frosty service wasn't limited to the reception area. The staff that served us (no name tags anywhere, ominous to say the least) never smiled and it felt like they just didn't want to be there. This theme continued throughout our 10 day stay with some exceptions. The members of staff that saved the day were Vanessa,Giselle,Dave and Sharleen I think her name was (she was at the beach bar the day we arrived (17th May).

The inconsistent service seemed to be apparent throughout other areas. To name a few instances:
We ordered an early,in-room breakfast on the Tuesday (we were going on an excursion) it didn't arrive and when I phoned the restaurant they had no knowledge of it being ordered.
We didn't have any consistency with towel changing or toiletry replenishment. Don't the staff have a checklist? We were constantly ringing up for more shower gel/soap/ towels and one day some towels were changed but the dirty ones were left on the floor.
The resort in general was ok but the swimming pools are tiny, no good if you want to swim a lot. It is a £10 taxi journey each ways if you want to eat out or visit other beaches ( this is purely informative and not a complaint, we knew this)
The restaurant is good if you like "Nouvelle Cuisine" done well.

Our room was quite small but adequate ( nice big bed) but cluttered with unnecessary furniture (in our opinion)
As the days went by the bathroom began to deteriorate quite badly, especially in the shower area. The ceiling obviously had a bad ingress of water issue and mould was present throughout. Eventually a large portion of the paint blistered and fell off, leaving the ceiling looking pretty awful ( see pic) Then the toilet stopped flushing ( fixed pretty quickly,second visit)
On our penultimate evening we arrived back at the room and found a cockroach on the damp area of the shower ceiling I removed it but the next evening,our last,it was back.

All in all either we were very unlucky or our expectations ( based on a good deal of experience) of 5 star treatment are off the mark for St Lucia. We did make it apparent at the "drinks with management" evening that we had issues and really expected somebody to follow this up but they didn't , shame really.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
13 Thank challenger317
RossCS, General Manager at Cap Maison, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us and I am very sorry that everything was not perfect during your spent with us

I totally agree with your sentiment with regards to your arrival and clearly we knew of your early arrival and there should have been no delay in accommodating you both.

I sincerely apologies for the inconvenience caused due to the water ingress into your shower stall from the room above yours which is one of those things that’s cannot be predicted and has since been remedied

I do remember meeting you both at my cocktail party and I was aware of the miss communication with your breakfast order for which I offered my apologies and I asked if there if there were any further concerns during your stay just to let me know. I also remember meeting you on the day of your departure and I do not recall receiving any feedback, which is a pity.

I am sure that you would love Cap Maison minus these little niggles that you experienced and I would very much love to have you stay with us in the future and please do let me know as I would dearly like to take care of your reservation personally

With kind regards

Verity1108
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

Visited this hotel in June 2012 (apologies for the late review) and it was fantastic.
Unfortunately I was only at Cap Maison for one night however I had a fantastic stay.
The staff here are fantastic, the gardens and facilities well maintained and the food is excellent.
I had a junior suite on the ground floor with access to the gardens and a small pool just outside the door (the main pool is just down the path). Room was extremely spacious, the shower was brilliant and all the plugs in the room take british appliances!
Flip flops and free bottle of rum punch are a nice touch!
Beach area is fairly small however the resort is not massive and would not become over crowded.
All in all this resort is brilliant and anyone staying here would not be disappointed - I was just sad I couldn't stay for longer!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
RossCS, General Manager at Cap Maison, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you very much for posting your review - it’s great that you can recall your experience since visiting in June 2012! I am impressed

It was lovely to read that you had a great time and hopefully next time you will be able to stay a little longer with us

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

I choose St Lucia and Cap Maison for a quick 5 day break between work conferences. I was looking for a place to relax, recharge and be pampered. Well Cap Maison certainly was the place to do it. I was not disappointed.

Its a longish drive from the airport, however its so picturesque you forget about the drive. My first experience of Cap Maison when I arrived was outstanding, the staff at reception were so lovely, I had was offered champagne or juice whilst the got my room key. This same lady greeted by my first name 2 days later. Wow! that is what I call service.

I was shown into a lovely garden level room and was told the resort was at full capacity, however over the next 4 days I hardly ran into more than about 4 or 5 couples at a time.

I have nothing bad to say about this place, so I will list all the best highlights:

1. The Spa - I got several treatments including a deep tissue massage - usually in resorts they say deep tissue but you never get more than a soft pat. Well let me tell you Julian know what he is doing, one of the best deep tissue massages I have had and we had a laugh too. So thanks Julian

2. The beach - people have mentioned about the stairs, but this didnt bother me. Craig and the team at the beach bar were awesome, it was a great place to relax, have a chat something to drink whilst looking at the amazing views. I had the beach bbq for lunch every day it was so fresh and delicious

3. The staff - they absolutely make the experience, every one of them was amazing, friendly, always smiling and often singing with beautiful voices

I didnt venture off the hotel site much apart from dinner for two nights and I would definitely recommend Spice of India, its listed on Trip Advisor with great reviews and it did not disappoint.

All in all I simply did not want to leave this beautiful place, and I will plan to come back when next over this side of the world.

thank you Cap Maison team for an amazing experience!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank KATSYD
RossCS, General Manager at Cap Maison, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you very much for posting your recent review of Cap Maison and it was great to read that you had such a great experience during your five days spent with us

It sounds like it was a nice balance after work at your conference and the antidote of a great deep tissue with Julian in the Spa - Craig's charming personality on the beach and a relaxed atmosphere I am sure would have helped

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to St Lucia when your travels bring you to this part of the world

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cap Estate
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,130 reviews
East Winds
East Winds
#1 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Cap Maison? Share your experiences!