“Ok....”

Cap Maison
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cap Estate
“Ok....”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed here for the second part of our honeymoon. We couldn't fault the room and were upgraded so had a fantastic roof top pool. We thought the restaurant was good but had been spoilt at ladera and it didn't hold up in our opinion. We also didn't think the staff were as friendly or attentive. We thought this was because it was a bigger resort but we also stayed at Le Sport and the staff there were fantastic.

Our major disappointment was due to an incident on the beach. The beach is quite small and not private however it clearly states that the loungers and floaters are for hotel guests only. Anyway a large rather noisy group who werent hotel guests agreed with the guy running the beach bar that they could use the loungers etc if they used the beach bar. The whole thing got out of hand and they took over the beach pretty much playing music and singing and causing a number of guests to leave. We complained and the manager's response was that it was ok as they were using the bar (they weren't, they had several cool boxes they were digging into and we only saw them buy two beers the whole time) and there were still a few loungers available. I thought this was unacceptable as it seemed to me that hotel guests' enjoyment was being compromised for the sake of a group provided to pay for drinks at the bar.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Whiteem

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Lodz, Poland
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Luxurious yet friendly. This was my third stay at Cap Maison and the magnetism of the place keeps attracting me whether I'm in St Lucia on holiday or business. I think it's the laid back unpretentious and friendly attitude of virtually every member of staff up to the General Manager who is there to help with whatever trivial request you may have. You just feel welcome!

Room Tip: Choose the spectacular rooftop suites.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We absolutely loved our stay at Cap Maison, hard to put in to words just how beautiful the place is and how friendly & helpful everyone was. The apartment was amazing with everything you needed for a family holiday (and more!) and was very tastefully done. All the rooms were full of character and had that feel of understated luxury which was in keeping with everything about the hotel. You truly felt you could relax and treat it like a home from home but with the added bonus of being in paradise! The restaurant is set on the cliff top (hence the name!) giving you the most amazing views out to the ocean and the food and service is excellent...all the time. The pool was great, child friendly which is a big plus. As you walked around everywhere was beautifully kept and the way the place has been designed means all the apartments and rooms have sufficient privacy to feel no one is on show. The beach was fab, again great setting and completely unspoilt. There is so much more I can say that is all so gushing about a truly charming and beautiful place. Would recommend it anyone and everyone, impossible not to fall in love with it! Cant wait to go back..!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Antigua
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I found Cap Maison to be a completely romantic hide-away, cossetted in 5 star luxury and with service to match.....and I am still kicking myself for not having my wife join me whilst I was there on a recent business trip to St Lucia. The hotel oozes charm and easygoing sophistication, my suite had just about everything I could have imagined - almost in anticipation of what I was going to need or want for next! Fully fitted kitchen and living room, private swimming pool, garden and gazebo outside, Spacious romantic bathrooms with "his and hers" items and a simply glorious bath were admittedly a little "under-optimised" by myself as a single guest, as was the king-sized bed in the master bedroom - but oh my god, what an amazingly comfortable bed that was! - the mattress, pillows and "god knows how many thousand thread" cotton sheets resulted in the most glorious and tranquil night's sleep I have ever had. Summary? - This hotel is absolute heaven for any romantic couple and is definitely top on my list when I make a return visit to St Lucia - And next time I am coming with my wife!! Totally recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Mark A
Reviewed 11 June 2013

This hotel is in need of good make over. Definitely not 5 star, more 2 star.

Shower in room is poor with bad water pressure and hot water!
Toilet very rarely flushed properly.
Tiles around wash basin were chipped.

Beach was very small and sunbeds were very uncomfortable!
The beach food was a joke the tiny burgers were so expensive total rip off!

€15 dollars each way to escape the hotel to Rodeny bay.

The most overrated hotel I've ever stayed in. More 2 star than 5 star.

• Stayed May 2013
7 Thank Pingputter
RossCS, General Manager at Cap Maison, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Thank you for posting your review following your stay with us in May of this year

I am sorry that you encountered some plumbing issues which I note that were rectified as soon as you brought them to our attention

It is really hard to respond specifically to your review as clearly we did not meet your expectations and that price was an issue

I can only mention that food in general is a highlight of our guests stay - the mini beef sliders have been highlighted as some of our guest’s favorites in previous reviews

We try very hard to portray Cap Maison very carefully on our website as we meet our guests expectations and the location style and ambiance is I believe clearly described and portrayed within our website and marketing material

Kind regards

Ross
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We had the pleasure of staying a Cap Maison for our honeymoon. Cap Maison was recommended to us by our travel agent in DC, Perfect Honeymoons. This hotel offers much more than a large resort. At Cap Maison you don't get the over crowded atmosphere that you get at some of the more popular "Sandals" type resorts.

Everyone is extremely friendly and most of the hotel staff remembered our names for the entire stay. Upon arrival, we were greeted with two glasses of champagne and given a private tour of the resort while our bags were taken to our room. We ran into the hotel manager Ross on our tour and he promptly greeted my wife by her new last name which made us both smile.

We spent the first few days not wanting to even leave the resort. The pool has a great view of the ocean and the mountain at Pigeon Island (which I recommend climbing). Lunch and drinks can be served to you poolside, and we highly recommend the snapper wraps. The pool chairs are the some of the most comfortable I've used. Even with a few people at the pool, it is laid out so it never feels crowded. The top level of the pool has a nice deep end.

If you'd like to switch up your location, you can take the short walk down to the beach to visit Sharline, Dunston, and Craig at the beach bar. Although you're still on property, it feels like a different location and a new thing to explore. At the beach, we recommend trying Sharline's Rockfuel, but only after enjoying the beach activities including sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, and snorkeling. Dunston gave us a great lesson on sailing and then we were off on our own. We surprisingly saw more fish snorkeling around the rocks at this beach than we did during a snorkeling stop on a Catamaran Tour to the Pitons. They also have a beach BBQ each Wednesday that includes great food off the grill, music, and a bonfire. We had a great time talking to Matthew, the Food and Beverage Manager at the BBQ.

The food at the restaurant is great. We had multiple people off resort tell us it was the best on the island. Our favorite meal may been the lunch Snapper wraps however everything was top notch. The dinner menu changes which was nice as we did the all inclusive option. If you want to do something special, you can have dinner down on the rock (on the ocean) where they can zipline you down some champagne or wine.

Our honeymoon suite was excellent. It was a two story villa with two balconies, a jacuzzi, bose sound system, king size four post bed, two bathrooms upstairs and down, a full kitchen, and a great view overlooking the beach and ocean. Although we didn't spend much time inside, it was great having all the space and great view.

All in all, I would highly recommend the hotel. It was great for our honeymoon, however there were also some families there with kids.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We LOVED our stay at Cap Maison. I never write reviews but because this place was so romantic and wonderful, I have to tell people about this place.

The service was exceptional in the restaurant. The food was exceptional in the restaurant. The food was the BEST we have ever had anywhere!! We found ourselves getting so excited about the meals and explaining to the staff that we didn't normally eat dessert at every meal. :)

Vanessa, Maggie, Allison and "Goofy" (his nickname) were exceptional!! All the staff at the restaurant and beach bar were terrific! We met Clive at the beach after he prepared our tuna and he was very kind and a great chef as well.

I would highly recommend this place to all couples or families with older children (like high school or college). It is quiet, scenic and wonderful. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
#6 of 11 in Soufriere
East Winds
East Winds
#1 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Cap Maison? Share your experiences!