Last week we were lucky enough to spend 4 nights and five days at the fabulous Cap Maison. It was total luxury from the start. A very relaxing check in with cold towels and prosecco in the lovely reception area was quickly followed by an introduction to our villa suite which consisted of two bedrooms, three bathrooms (the master suite had a huge bath for two), a living room, kitchen and FOUR balconies, one of which had a plunge pool with jacuzzi jets and extremely comfortable sun loungers. There was also a washer and dryer adjacent to the main balcony which we didn't make use of. The beds were fabulously comfortable, the showers couldn't have been more powerful (made even more luxurious with the blood orange toiletries). The kitchen was stocked with coffee , water, wine etc that which replenished every day.
Now we come to the pool and beach area. Both were absolutely lovely. There were quite a few stairs down to the beach but once you got down there it was heavenly. We were immediately shown to loungers and given towels and floats for the sea. The cocktails were second to none (I particularly recommend the margueritas) and the beach BBQ looked yummie.
Breakfast in the restaurant overlooking the sea was SUPERB. I recommend the freshly squeezed passion fruit juice. There was a huge choice of food from continental breakfast to full English to waffles and pancakes or a local salt fish dish. The waiting staff were charming (as were all the staff at the hotel).
The gym was fully equipped and had everything we could have wanted and although I didn't have any treatments the spa looked fabulous.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for a romantic holiday or a fun trip with friends. We rented a car and saw a lot of the island but we were always happy to get back this lovely hotel. I can't wait to return and will/am already recommending it to everyone I know.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cap Maison is a lovingly created, family owned and managed five star boutique resort combining great attention to detail with a highly personalized style of service. Set in a stunning location above a beautiful secluded sandy beach on the north west coast of St Lucia, it offers luxury private villa suites, many with private rooftop pools, as well as Junior Suites and rooms. Facilities include the much sought after Cliff at Cap panoramic fine dining restaurant as well as the equally famous Naked Fisherman Beach Bar & Grill, a spa, fully equipped fitness centre, walk in wine cellar, beach service, free non motorised water sports, a hiking and running club, private 46 foot resort boat, club lounge with (computer access) and concessionary golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Holiday Gems, West Indies, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Cap Maison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Maison Hotel Cap Estate
- Cap Maison Gros Islet
- Cap Maison Hotel Gros Islet
- Cap Maison St. Lucia/Cap Estate