Cap Maison is such a wonderful place! Let me begin by saying that this is not a stereotypical all inclusive and if you are looking for a place with a lot of built in games, multiple buffeted theme restaurants and such, this beautiful resort is not the place for you. We stayed there for our tenth anniversary and are ready to go back, though we just arrived home yesterday!
Resort-Beautiful grounds! The landscaper should be commended...amazing! Wonderful champagne welcome from a very efficient staff!
Location- The resort is a good 1.5 hours from the airport. It is not nearly as bad a drive as we feared. Though, if you are very prone to motion sickness, take Dramamine or something. Rodney Bay and Gros Islet are fun little towns with lively restaurants and a Friday Night street party which we were repeatedly invited to by friendly locals. We felt absolutely safe at all times.
Rooms- We had room number 3 which was a beautiful rooftop terrace suite with a pool. It was absolutely gorgeous with breathtaking views. It overlooked the pool and restaurant which could be an issue for some if they require absolute quiet. (though it was never very noisy at all) It was perfect for us but there are plenty of others with equally good views away from the main area. The room itself was as large as most one bedroom apartments and larger if you are going by NYC standards. Really beautiful rooms with a large terrace on the roof and a nice pool. The bed was super comfortable and a huge bathroom! The room was very clean and in regard to the reviewer who said that it appeared run down, he must not be accustomed to the beating that homes take from salt and sand in ocean environments. We did not see anything that looked run down and everywhere we looked, friendly people were doing touch up painting, varnishing and doing all the little things that keep a property looking lovely.
Restaurant- Best food we have eaten in quite a while and we are very picky about food! The breakfasts were amazing with so many choices that I couldn't even try them all. Dinner was delicious and there were so many options and rotations of dishes that my only complaint is that I couldn't try them all! Robinson, the sommelier is so knowledgable and such a fun guy! We loved talking to him! All of the staff at the restaurant were very kind and helpful.
Beach- We loved hanging out at the beach. It was small but plenty big for relaxing. Craig and Charlene were so much fun to hang out with and it was really cool to get to know them. They are awesome! Craig gave us a snorkeling lesson on our first day and was so patient and fun even though I am sure he was secretly rolling his eyes that I was such a scaredy cat! He was very knowledgable, definitely made us feel comfortable, and my husband was hooked and can't wait to go again! Yes, there were local families enjoying the beach off to the side, but we had no problem with it as it is really theirs anyway! Not to mention it was a fun study of their culture as they dived for fish and the children played.
Staff- The most kind and friendly people you will ever meet! Seriously, all of the St. Lucians were like this. I was amazed at the generosity of the people on the island to each other as well as to outsiders. Even if it wasn't in their job description, they would stop what they were doing and help you right away. It was as if they didn't want you to lift a finger on your vacation but they were such amazing people that by the end of our trip I felt like I should jump in and help set up at the beach or take my dishes to the kitchen because I felt so at home.
It is important when going to this or any resort, that you suspend your need for perfection at every turn. Were there times when dinner was a bit slow coming out of the kitchen or we didn't have an extra towel? Sure, but rather than get irritated we took a sip of wine and watched the ocean and reconnected with each other without the distraction of kids and cell phones etc. Once you relax and get on "island time" it is the most beautiful place in the world and you will love the resort and the people! We are looking forward to visiting again and maybe even bringing our children during the summer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cap Maison is a lovingly created, family owned and managed five star boutique resort combining great attention to detail with a highly personalized style of service. Set in a stunning location above a beautiful secluded sandy beach on the north west coast of St Lucia, it offers luxury private villa suites, many with private rooftop pools, as well as Junior Suites and rooms. Facilities include the much sought after Cliff at Cap panoramic fine dining restaurant as well as the equally famous Naked Fisherman Beach Bar & Grill, a spa, fully equipped fitness centre, walk in wine cellar, beach service, free non motorised water sports, a hiking and running club, private 46 foot resort boat, club lounge with (computer access) and concessionary golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Cap Maison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Maison Hotel Cap Estate
- Cap Maison Gros Islet
- Cap Maison Hotel Gros Islet
- Cap Maison St. Lucia/Cap Estate