“Married at Cap Maison”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cap Estate
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Married at Cap Maison”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

My husband and I were married at Cap Mason on 7/13/13. The duration of our stay was 7/10/13 through 7/15/13, Room 50. I was very happy with most of the arrangements however, our breakfast in bed was a disaster! They brought up half the breakfast and then the champagne with other half 40 minutes later. When we checked out, instead of giving us a full credit for the breakfast considering we had an all-inclusive package, they only offered a $80 credit for the champagne. Also, we left a comment card for the manager and he never bothered to call! Other than that, we were happy, I guess we will try Sandals for our anniversary.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nika H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

Cap Maison is such a wonderful place! Let me begin by saying that this is not a stereotypical all inclusive and if you are looking for a place with a lot of built in games, multiple buffeted theme restaurants and such, this beautiful resort is not the place for you. We stayed there for our tenth anniversary and are ready to go back, though we just arrived home yesterday!

Resort-Beautiful grounds! The landscaper should be commended...amazing! Wonderful champagne welcome from a very efficient staff!

Location- The resort is a good 1.5 hours from the airport. It is not nearly as bad a drive as we feared. Though, if you are very prone to motion sickness, take Dramamine or something. Rodney Bay and Gros Islet are fun little towns with lively restaurants and a Friday Night street party which we were repeatedly invited to by friendly locals. We felt absolutely safe at all times.

Rooms- We had room number 3 which was a beautiful rooftop terrace suite with a pool. It was absolutely gorgeous with breathtaking views. It overlooked the pool and restaurant which could be an issue for some if they require absolute quiet. (though it was never very noisy at all) It was perfect for us but there are plenty of others with equally good views away from the main area. The room itself was as large as most one bedroom apartments and larger if you are going by NYC standards. Really beautiful rooms with a large terrace on the roof and a nice pool. The bed was super comfortable and a huge bathroom! The room was very clean and in regard to the reviewer who said that it appeared run down, he must not be accustomed to the beating that homes take from salt and sand in ocean environments. We did not see anything that looked run down and everywhere we looked, friendly people were doing touch up painting, varnishing and doing all the little things that keep a property looking lovely.

Restaurant- Best food we have eaten in quite a while and we are very picky about food! The breakfasts were amazing with so many choices that I couldn't even try them all. Dinner was delicious and there were so many options and rotations of dishes that my only complaint is that I couldn't try them all! Robinson, the sommelier is so knowledgable and such a fun guy! We loved talking to him! All of the staff at the restaurant were very kind and helpful.

Beach- We loved hanging out at the beach. It was small but plenty big for relaxing. Craig and Charlene were so much fun to hang out with and it was really cool to get to know them. They are awesome! Craig gave us a snorkeling lesson on our first day and was so patient and fun even though I am sure he was secretly rolling his eyes that I was such a scaredy cat! He was very knowledgable, definitely made us feel comfortable, and my husband was hooked and can't wait to go again! Yes, there were local families enjoying the beach off to the side, but we had no problem with it as it is really theirs anyway! Not to mention it was a fun study of their culture as they dived for fish and the children played.

Staff- The most kind and friendly people you will ever meet! Seriously, all of the St. Lucians were like this. I was amazed at the generosity of the people on the island to each other as well as to outsiders. Even if it wasn't in their job description, they would stop what they were doing and help you right away. It was as if they didn't want you to lift a finger on your vacation but they were such amazing people that by the end of our trip I felt like I should jump in and help set up at the beach or take my dishes to the kitchen because I felt so at home.

It is important when going to this or any resort, that you suspend your need for perfection at every turn. Were there times when dinner was a bit slow coming out of the kitchen or we didn't have an extra towel? Sure, but rather than get irritated we took a sip of wine and watched the ocean and reconnected with each other without the distraction of kids and cell phones etc. Once you relax and get on "island time" it is the most beautiful place in the world and you will love the resort and the people! We are looking forward to visiting again and maybe even bringing our children during the summer!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
RossCS, General Manager at Cap Maison, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review following your 10th Anniversary celebration visit with us at Cap Maison.

I think you have captured the essence of both Cap Maison and St Lucia beautifully and thank you for doing so

I was speaking to Craig this morning after reading your review and remembers you both very well and he sends his regards and he was very pleased that you had recognized him as well as the rest of the team at Cap Maison

We very much look forward to your return visit

Kind regards

Ross
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

A nice place on the north side of the island. Rooms are ok. Really nothing to write home about. The staff are average and smile but not much else. The Food and Beverage manager is however exceptional and knows his stuff. He has created a formidable wine list and together with the head chef a great restaurant. Sadly the rest of the rest is tired and average.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank SimonLiebel
AdamGobat, Owner at Cap Maison, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thank you for your comments below. We are delighted you enjoyed our food and wine experience which we all take tremendous joy in delivering as food and wine lovers ourselves. Your other comments are disappointing, in particular those on the staff and rooms which, being unspecific in nature, are a little hard to respond or react to. They certainly don't reflect the usual reaction we get and there are some room features, for example, such as suite sizes, linen quality, panoramic ocean views and private roof terraces with swimming pools, that we feel are certainly not average in any hotel context. That said, we regret you did not enjoy all elements of the property.
Hanover, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

I have been planning for 3 years for our 25th wedding anniversary and after a lot of research have chosen Cap Maison. The reviews are excellent however, the planning and communication are frustrating at best! My countdown is on (11 more days) and we will be renewing our wedding vows but I haven't heard from anyone at the resort other than the photographer has been booked and the flowers have been ordered. Not sure if there is anything else I need to worry about. Also, the website is EXTREMELY frustrating! The conceirge sent me a spa menu back on May 9th and I was told by Kristal that it was the updated menu, however, as of yesterday, the website still had different prices and I am not sure which one is correct. I emailed the spa according to the pricing menu but it was an invalid address. The food menus on the website do not load (or are not there) and the few that are there, are outdated from last fall. Overall, I am extremely excited about the trip but am nervous because of the disorganization with the website and staff commucation. (Kudos to Matt in F&B..he was extremely helpful. He booked the Rock for our anniversary dinner however, failed to mention the additional fee for this location that I have been told about).

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank karla p
AdamGobat, Owner at Cap Maison, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Thank you for your review and comments below. We are very much looking forward to having you stay with us and are delighted you have chosen our lovely property after all your research! I see that you have spoken at length now to Kristal and that all appears to be in order. It has also been double checked by management so you can relax and enjoy the countdown to your stay. Your comments on some differences between the web site spa menu and resort brochure have also already been actioned and the site has been updated. With regards to the Cliff at Cap menus, we are unique in that we offer a daily changing fresh menu (island produce also varies) so the online menus include most if not all the items seen online over time but always the in the same delicious style.
St. John's, Antigua
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

Last week we were lucky enough to spend 4 nights and five days at the fabulous Cap Maison. It was total luxury from the start. A very relaxing check in with cold towels and prosecco in the lovely reception area was quickly followed by an introduction to our villa suite which consisted of two bedrooms, three bathrooms (the master suite had a huge bath for two), a living room, kitchen and FOUR balconies, one of which had a plunge pool with jacuzzi jets and extremely comfortable sun loungers. There was also a washer and dryer adjacent to the main balcony which we didn't make use of. The beds were fabulously comfortable, the showers couldn't have been more powerful (made even more luxurious with the blood orange toiletries). The kitchen was stocked with coffee , water, wine etc that which replenished every day.

Now we come to the pool and beach area. Both were absolutely lovely. There were quite a few stairs down to the beach but once you got down there it was heavenly. We were immediately shown to loungers and given towels and floats for the sea. The cocktails were second to none (I particularly recommend the margueritas) and the beach BBQ looked yummie.

Breakfast in the restaurant overlooking the sea was SUPERB. I recommend the freshly squeezed passion fruit juice. There was a huge choice of food from continental breakfast to full English to waffles and pancakes or a local salt fish dish. The waiting staff were charming (as were all the staff at the hotel).

The gym was fully equipped and had everything we could have wanted and although I didn't have any treatments the spa looked fabulous.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for a romantic holiday or a fun trip with friends. We rented a car and saw a lot of the island but we were always happy to get back this lovely hotel. I can't wait to return and will/am already recommending it to everyone I know.

Room Tip: I had a peep into several rooms and suites and all were lovely. Ours was overlooking the sea with a...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed here for the second part of our honeymoon. We couldn't fault the room and were upgraded so had a fantastic roof top pool. We thought the restaurant was good but had been spoilt at ladera and it didn't hold up in our opinion. We also didn't think the staff were as friendly or attentive. We thought this was because it was a bigger resort but we also stayed at Le Sport and the staff there were fantastic.

Our major disappointment was due to an incident on the beach. The beach is quite small and not private however it clearly states that the loungers and floaters are for hotel guests only. Anyway a large rather noisy group who werent hotel guests agreed with the guy running the beach bar that they could use the loungers etc if they used the beach bar. The whole thing got out of hand and they took over the beach pretty much playing music and singing and causing a number of guests to leave. We complained and the manager's response was that it was ok as they were using the bar (they weren't, they had several cool boxes they were digging into and we only saw them buy two beers the whole time) and there were still a few loungers available. I thought this was unacceptable as it seemed to me that hotel guests' enjoyment was being compromised for the sake of a group provided to pay for drinks at the bar.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Whiteem
Lodz, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

Luxurious yet friendly. This was my third stay at Cap Maison and the magnetism of the place keeps attracting me whether I'm in St Lucia on holiday or business. I think it's the laid back unpretentious and friendly attitude of virtually every member of staff up to the General Manager who is there to help with whatever trivial request you may have. You just feel welcome!

Room Tip: Choose the spectacular rooftop suites.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,132 reviews
East Winds
East Winds
#1 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Cap Maison? Share your experiences!