“4th Visit for a Party! Great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cap Maison

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Cap Maison
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cap Estate
England
“4th Visit for a Party! Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

Well, we were tempted back to Cap Maison as they were celebrating a 5th Anniversary Party. So, using airmiles, we booked in for 5 nights in order to have a break, do the party, recover and fly back. This was also the first time we had visited St Lucia in September.

Firstly, weather. I was expecting and prepared for 5-days of overcast skies, rain, thunder etc. I could not have been more wrong. The weather was very hot and sunny most of the time.
The beach was lovely and the new beach bar a great improvement on what was there previously. I think we and the other guests were the first ones to use it once the resort reopened.

Smugglers Cove Beach is known for its snorkelling, but on previous visits the sea has been choppy and visibility nil. Not so this time, I went snorkelling around the rocks and it was wonderful. Shoals of small fish and very beautiful and calm. Definitely recommended. Go on the left hand side (facing the sea).

Food. The a la carte options were not available this time but I was happy with the Tapas choices we made. Unfortunately I got a really nasty stomach bug on the 2nd day of the holiday so could not do full justice to the food but what I had was very good.

Breakfasts
Again, this was the only area where there are still some issues. There was confusion about orders, ham served instead of Salmon, various things being forgotten. The problems seemed to stem from the kitchen rather than the wait-staff. All quickly addressed when reported however and by a cheerful go-to staff. Coffee delicious as usual.

Villa. We were extremely fortunate to get an upgrade to villa no. 1. Although the sea view was not as unrestricted as some of the cliff-front villas, this has to be my husband's and my personal favourite so far. Plenty of shade at various times of the day for the pool (essential for me) and the same for the covered patio. The pool was very clean -slightly overlooked but not an issue. It was really relaxing to read a book in the shade on a comfortable sun lounger in the early morning and, considering the jetlag and short period of our stay, I appreciated it. The bedroom was very cool and I loved the bath and huge shower! The kitchen could have been slightly better equipped...... slight issue when I was making final changes to my costume and could not find any scissors - but the Cap Maison sewing kit came in useful! The gardens were kept beautifully with great attention to detail. Housekeeping was very good and all requests met.

The Party. What can I say? Awesome! We watched how hard the staff all worked in the preparations for this. They were amazing. I believe over 220 people attended and most made the effort and dressed up..... The food was excellent as were the very generous drinks - although my gin and tonics got so saturated by water at the subsequent Pool Party I gave up drinking them! I was impressed by the number of food stations etc meaning that the queuing was kept to a minimum. This is classy and shows attention to detail. The ambience was great, helped by natural lightening in the sky just as the party (theme SciFI) started. You could not make this stuff up!

So, another great visit. Thanks to everyone at Cap..

4 Thank St-Lucia_Enthusiast

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Caribbean
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

Our stay at Cap Maison coincided with the Scifi themed reopenening party, and it was out of this world! Our villa was spacious and luxurious, the kids especially loved the roof top plunge pool and big bath ...I loved being able to relax knowing they were safe and contained...in fact, the entire property and staff made holidaying with the kids an effortless experience. The restaurant was excellent, lots of new flavours and ideas, but also happy to rustle up the kids off menu requests. I would thoroughly recommend the wine tasting in the chilled cellar, we were informed, entertained and a tad tipsey! The hotel property, pool, beach and villa were so fabulous it was hard to venture out, but our boat trip to the Pitons, organised by Cap Maison, was superb....St.Lucia truly is a verdant and beautifully unspoiled island. The annual September reopening party at Cap Maison may just become our annual trip. It's life, but not as we know it....it's much, much better!

Room Tip: Our 2 floor, 2 bedroom villa with roof patio, plunge pool and kitchen was perfect for vacationing...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank diverant
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

My wife and I recently traveled to St Lucia for our honeymoon and stayed for one week. We had picked Cap Maison after comparing it to a few other Caribbean destinations and after completing our trip we are extremely happy to say we loved Cap Maison.

We stayed in an Ocean View Villa Suite with Jacuzzi. The room was absolutely gorgeous and extremely well kept. Cap Maison provides daily maid service and nightly turn down service which was great. While the Jacuzzi room was plenty spacious and very comfortable, when we return to Cap Maison in the future I might consider getting an Ocean View Villa with a private pool as I think we would have used that a lot more than a Jacuzzi.

For our stay we opted for the Cap It All package which included breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the onsite restaurant 'The Cliff at Cap,' as well as a daily credit towards drinks. Typically hotel restaurants are not that good but I am happy to say we loved every meal at the Cliff at Cap. My wife really loved the plantain chips offered at lunch time. All of the staff are extremely friendly and attentive, but one server really stood out for us named Linus. Linus really helped to make our trip extra special and he ensured our meals were always perfect. Linus even set us up for a private dinner down on the rocks below the restaurant that we loved. It was the best meal we had during the whole trip.

One of the things that was also included with our package was a sunset cruise on board their yacht but unfortunately it was docked for service at the time of our trip, but the Cap Maison staff offered us an alternative free couples massage at the on site spa. While we had been looking forward to the sunset cruise it was a great alternative that they provided for us.

The grounds of Cap Maison are very well kept and the groundskeepers are there every day working to keep the grounds beautiful. My compliments go out to them on the great job they do, especially in the heat! Cap Maison also has two pools for use by the hotel guests, as well as a beach down in a cove next to the resort. They have a bar down at the beach as well to serve up pretty much any drink you could possibly want.

We went on two excursions while on the island that had been pre-booked through our travel planner and Cap Maison helped us to ensure everything went smoothly, which was appreciated. While we loved the tours and sight seeing, my wife and I towards the end of each excursion couldn't wait to get back to Cap Maison to relax the rest of our day.

I would highly recommend Cap Maison to anyone and will be sure to tell my friends and family all about our trip. I hope my wife and I will be able to return in the near future as well!

2 Thank Robert M
RossCS, General Manager at Cap Maison, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you very much for posting your review following your Honeymoon spent with us at Cap Maison

I was delighted to read that you had such a great time and I have passed on your comments to Linus who was very pleased to see his "name in lights" :) and Rock Maison is such a magical spot for private dining

We very much look forward to welcoming you both back at some point in the future

With Kind Regards

St. John's, Antigua
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I traveled to St. Lucia on a weekend getaway with friends. We checked into Cap Maison on the day of their annual re-opening theme party and from the arrival at the airport to the greeting at the hotel, we experienced a level of service that is superior and so refreshing. This trend continued throughout the entire visit. The party offered a spectacular vibe and within hours the tranquil sophisticated opulence was swiftly returned by a team of dedicated staff offering the perfect backdrop for pure relaxation bliss. The rooms, gardens and surroundings were spectauclar and the views are amazing. The food at the resturants was verstile and delicious. We intend to be make it an annual visit!!!

1 Thank TessPess
Thank you very much for joining us for our 5th Anniversary Party at Cap Maison and we are delighted that you enjoyed your time spent with us

Now that you know that we are not too far from Antigua we look forward to welcoming you both back to St Lucia and Cap Maison

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

My husband and I traveled to St. Lucia for our honeymoon in March 2013. This was the first trip to the Caribbean for the both of us and we were beyond impressed. It was a haul from Dallas, Texas - but SO worth it. The second we pulled up to the hotel, the GM was waiting to greet us and the staff was beyond polite and accommodating. We were shown to our amazing room looking out over the cliff to the water - breathtaking. There was a cocktail reception that night for guests (they do weekly) which was an amazing way to start our trip. We met other couples staying at the resort and had a great time!

The grounds are breathtaking, each small building of rooms feels intimate, we were truly at a boutique hotel. Views of the small private beach, pigeon island, and even Martinique on a clear day were amazing. With around 50 rooms, there is an amazing feeling of privacy that you have when you stay here - this whole place feels like yours! And it is what you make it. We made friends with a few couples here that we will treasure the fun dinners and sunset cruise we spent with them! We would lounge on our patio, pool and loved the secluded beach and bar just a few steps down from the property. We used the car service at the hotel to get around everywhere, which is so much nicer than having to be responsible for a rental car.

We were on an all-inclusive package, which I was hesitant about because I have never opted in for this, and I assumed it would be this same-old buffet that we would be tired of in a couple days. Boy, were we wrong. The menu here was fabulous - we didn't want to venture anywhere else on the island for food! Some nights would be tapas, pre-fixed dinners, wine pairings night, etc. We felt like we were dining at a five star restaurant every night. And to show that the Cliff at Cap restaurant is this amazing - guests from all over the island come here for reservations - it's not just Cap Maison's guests. Thank you to the chef here for an amazing dining experience. And can I say...we miss plantain chips, actually anything with plantains!

I have to thank the GM Ross as well. He went above and beyond when I had an allergic reaction to mosquito bites. (I guess you can't go to the Caribbean without having an encounter with bugs!) When you are in a different country and don't have access to everything, having a staff at the hotel that is accommodating as they are at Cap Maison is beyond comforting.

After our week long trip, we love this place! And we 100% plan on coming back in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank saratowe
RossCS, General Manager at Cap Maison, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with other potential visitors to Cap Maison and I am delighted that you enjoyed your Honeymoon spent with us

I think that you have also captured the social aspect of Cap Maison and what it can offer to visitors that enjoy meeting people

Thanks for the feedback on Craig's cooking and we are just in the process of opening up a second restaurant on the beach which will be called "The Naked Fisherman" - something new for you to try when you return to St Lucia!

We do hope to see you both back in the near future

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Please forgive my love affair with the Cap Maison, or don't. Either way, I can not recommend enough that you rest your head here when visiting the gorgeous island of St. Lucia.

Cap Maison is located on the northern-most point of St. Lucia on the cliffs of Cap Estate and boasts not only incredible views of pigeon island and the Caribbean, but incredible food, service and ambiance. We used the car service the hotel suggested and we're entertained the entire 1.5 hour trip up the coast and through Castries.

Our room had a private plunge pool, incredible views and was stocked with a complimentary bottle of Cap Maison's famous Rum Punch (which is incredible) as well as a bottle of Champagne to welcome us.

Our honeymoon package included a candlelight dinner on Cap Rock (this is where you are served by the champagne zipline), breakfast made to order daily, a complimentary bottle of champagne, a sunset cruise on the hotel's charter boat, a champagne brunch and a couples massage. We took advantage of every amenity and cannot speak highly enough about the level of skill, service and attention to detail we received in each experience.

The food at The Cliff was incredible. We loved the Beach Bar (who doesn't love a Cap Maison rum punch while floating in the Caribbean?) I could go on and on...

In a nutshell. as a honeymooner you can not pick a better location to recharge after a wedding. There are 49 rooms on property- which means that you wont find the crowds that some of the other island resorts have.

So book here, you wont be sorry you did.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank utkate
RossCS, General Manager at Cap Maison, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you very much for your review following your stay with us

It was great to read that you such a wonderful time and it’s great that you have fallen in love with Cap Maison - as we have since its inception in December 2008

We very much hope to welcome you back in the future

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

My husband and I ended our honeymoon in St. Lucia at Cap Maison and it was pure bliss. We spent half the holiday in the southern town of Soufriere, going zip lining and snorkeling and hiking, so our last few days at Cap Maison were purely about relaxation. Staff were incredibly friendly, food at the restaurant was delicious, and our massive room had its own private roof terrace with a hot tub - ideal for sunset viewing. We spent all of our time in the room and at the pool and were perfectly content. We'd love to come back for a future anniversary!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
RossCS, General Manager at Cap Maison, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thanks very much for taking the time to post your review and it wonderful that you made your way all the way from Dubai to spend your Honeymoon with us at Cap Maison

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time spent with us and thank you very much for choosing us for such a special occasion

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cap Estate
Ladera Resort
Ladera Resort
#2 of 11 in Soufriere
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,208 reviews

Been to Cap Maison? Share your experiences!