Well, we were tempted back to Cap Maison as they were celebrating a 5th Anniversary Party. So, using airmiles, we booked in for 5 nights in order to have a break, do the party, recover and fly back. This was also the first time we had visited St Lucia in September.
Firstly, weather. I was expecting and prepared for 5-days of overcast skies, rain, thunder etc. I could not have been more wrong. The weather was very hot and sunny most of the time.
The beach was lovely and the new beach bar a great improvement on what was there previously. I think we and the other guests were the first ones to use it once the resort reopened.
Smugglers Cove Beach is known for its snorkelling, but on previous visits the sea has been choppy and visibility nil. Not so this time, I went snorkelling around the rocks and it was wonderful. Shoals of small fish and very beautiful and calm. Definitely recommended. Go on the left hand side (facing the sea).
Food. The a la carte options were not available this time but I was happy with the Tapas choices we made. Unfortunately I got a really nasty stomach bug on the 2nd day of the holiday so could not do full justice to the food but what I had was very good.
Again, this was the only area where there are still some issues. There was confusion about orders, ham served instead of Salmon, various things being forgotten. The problems seemed to stem from the kitchen rather than the wait-staff. All quickly addressed when reported however and by a cheerful go-to staff. Coffee delicious as usual.
Villa. We were extremely fortunate to get an upgrade to villa no. 1. Although the sea view was not as unrestricted as some of the cliff-front villas, this has to be my husband's and my personal favourite so far. Plenty of shade at various times of the day for the pool (essential for me) and the same for the covered patio. The pool was very clean -slightly overlooked but not an issue. It was really relaxing to read a book in the shade on a comfortable sun lounger in the early morning and, considering the jetlag and short period of our stay, I appreciated it. The bedroom was very cool and I loved the bath and huge shower! The kitchen could have been slightly better equipped...... slight issue when I was making final changes to my costume and could not find any scissors - but the Cap Maison sewing kit came in useful! The gardens were kept beautifully with great attention to detail. Housekeeping was very good and all requests met.
The Party. What can I say? Awesome! We watched how hard the staff all worked in the preparations for this. They were amazing. I believe over 220 people attended and most made the effort and dressed up..... The food was excellent as were the very generous drinks - although my gin and tonics got so saturated by water at the subsequent Pool Party I gave up drinking them! I was impressed by the number of food stations etc meaning that the queuing was kept to a minimum. This is classy and shows attention to detail. The ambience was great, helped by natural lightening in the sky just as the party (theme SciFI) started. You could not make this stuff up!
So, another great visit. Thanks to everyone at Cap..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cap Maison is a new family owned and managed five star boutique resort. Located above a beautiful secluded sandy cove on the north west coast of St Lucia, Cap Maison offers luxury private villa suites, many with private rooftop pools. Facilities include a waterfront fine dining restaurant, spa, fully equipped fitness centre, walk in wine cellar, beach club with chaise lounge service, free non motorised water sports, a hiking and running club, private 46 foot resort boat, club lounge with (computer access) and concessionary golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, West Indies, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS, Ebookers and Destinology so you can book your Cap Maison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Maison Hotel Cap Estate
- Cap Maison Gros Islet
- Cap Maison Hotel Gros Islet
- Cap Maison St. Lucia/Cap Estate