Just back from 8 nights at Cap, our first "boutique" hotel (rather than a Four Seasons standard) and realise it's pro's and cons. Our ocean view suite (room 18) inside was fine with plenty of space and a more rustic than modern bathroom (no bath tho!!). Our balcony had a side on view of the ocean, some 50 metres from the cliff edge, which was well below my expectations. Could do with better anti-mosquito measures, we and other guests had numerous bites.
The swimming pools are more for a dip than a swim, but the beach is great, small but classy with plenty of room and superb location. The beach bar serves evening food thrice weekly which we used once. Friendly service with a limited menu and above average prices for the quantity you get, although the quality is fine and the view ace. Full review in restaurant section.
We found housekeeping to be typically Caribbean and had to ask daily for the renewal of milk and tbags. Room service was prompt but a tad inefficient (brought the wrong order but quickly remedied).
The Spa massage was most enjoyable, and reception very helpful (although the final bill was wrong on 2 accounts but comfortably amended, and I'd keep a note of what you sign for during your stay for "insurance").
The location is great although slightly remote, you'll need to avail yourself of regular taxi's which are prompt, clean,reliable, and easily ordered by reception (expect $15 minimum for the nearest trip each way).
The other occupants were of mixed nationalities but more British than any other, and the atmosphere relaxed. We were all invited to a most agreeable cocktail hour which "broke the ice"
nicely, and was a great touch.
The grounds are pleasant with plenty of seating choice (hammock, loungers,seating) and space. The shop is small, with nibbles very keenly priced for a quality hotel, and they have a small "honesty" bar in a large quiet room with a computer, books, games, and a tv.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cap Maison is a lovingly created, family owned and managed five star boutique resort combining great attention to detail with a highly personalized style of service. Set in a stunning location above a beautiful secluded sandy beach on the north west coast of St Lucia, it offers luxury private villa suites, many with private rooftop pools, as well as Junior Suites and rooms. Facilities include the much sought after Cliff at Cap panoramic fine dining restaurant as well as the equally famous Naked Fisherman Beach Bar & Grill, a spa, fully equipped fitness centre, walk in wine cellar, beach service, free non motorised water sports, a hiking and running club, private 46 foot resort boat, club lounge with (computer access) and concessionary golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, West Indies, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Cap Maison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Maison Hotel Cap Estate
- Cap Maison Gros Islet
- Cap Maison Hotel Gros Islet
- Cap Maison St. Lucia/Cap Estate