I have been fortunate to eat at some great places over my years and thus for me to say the food here is excellent means it is a very high standard indeed. I found the food to be by far the best aspect of this hotel although in most other respects things were also good or better. The Cliff restaurant and also the Naked Fisherman bar served up great meals so if going here I would not plan to eat out at all.
Other highs are the large rooms which in my case came with great views onto the ocean , lovely gardens, discrete but obvious (if you can say that) security, a willingness to help and a cosy atmosphere.
If I was to go again, which I may well do, then I would not opt for the room with a Jacuzzi option, instead going either for no water feature and use the very nice main pool more or pay extra for the dedicated swimming pool option.
Room service / turn down was good when it happened but not perhaps always the most reliable , (a little Caribbean in happening) but you felt confident that if it bothered you then one call would fix most anything. Indeed the overall staff attitude, bearing in mind this is island life, was pretty dam good.
Talking with other tourists at the airport on the way back I feel confident we did at least as well and probably a lot better choosing Cap Maison than some of the bigger names on the island so all in , very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cap Maison is a lovingly created, family owned and managed five star boutique resort combining great attention to detail with a highly personalized style of service. Set in a stunning location above a beautiful secluded sandy beach on the north west coast of St Lucia, it offers luxury private villa suites, many with private rooftop pools, as well as Junior Suites and rooms. Facilities include the much sought after Cliff at Cap panoramic fine dining restaurant as well as the equally famous Naked Fisherman Beach Bar & Grill, a spa, fully equipped fitness centre, walk in wine cellar, beach service, free non motorised water sports, a hiking and running club, private 46 foot resort boat, club lounge with (computer access) and concessionary golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Travel Republic (UK), Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Cap Maison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Maison Hotel Cap Estate
- Cap Maison Gros Islet
- Cap Maison Hotel Gros Islet
- Cap Maison St. Lucia/Cap Estate