“Honeymoon!”
Review of Cap Maison

Cap Maison
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Cap Estate
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We spend 8 days at Cap Maison for our honeymoon and had the best experience! Before booking the trip, I emailed the hotel with a few questions and got a very prompt response. When we arrived we were greeted with champagne and warm facecloths. Within a few minutes of our arrival, we were told that our room wasn't ready yet but they offered another glass of champagne and they booked us 30 minute complimentary massage for later in the week. We ended up waiting less than 20 minutes for the room to be ready so we were more than happy with the way everything was handled. We had an ocean view room! It was perfect! The food at the hotel was amazing! We had the meal plan and were a little confused on how it worked until another guest explained it to us. We ate in the restaurant for almost all of our meals. We tried the beach bar for lunch one day but my husband was hungry after he ate his entire meal and half of mine. I was very happy with the food but the portions were a little too small for his liking. We didn’t mind going to the restaurant since the food was so good and it got us out of the sun. We never had to worry about anything the entire time we were there! If we wanted to do something we just told the women at the desk and she arranged everything. We had such a good time that we are going back again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank S B
There are newer reviews for Cap Maison

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Everything about this hotel, the staff, the service and the facilities was perfect except that the private beach was only accessible by 100 steps down the cliff - a was a major disadvantage to those not really up to heavy effort. The problem was made worse by ther fact that the beach restaurant had a much larger and varied menu than the one in the hotel grounds. The scenery was truly spectacular.

Room Tip: Get a room or a villa with a sea view, it is well worth the extra
1  Thank david p
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed at both Sugar Beach and Cap Maison for 4 days each. We much preferred Sugar Beach's service, food & accommodations and found it to be surprisingly less expensive.
At Cap Maison, we had an Oceanview Villa Suite with pool and roof terrace
Cap Maison positive points: Sunsets were beautiful; massages in spa were incredible, market tour and cooking lesson were great.
Adjust your expectations for the following: "private" rooftop pool and terrace can be seen by other villas, and only the bedroom and bath are air conditioned. Although pretty in pictures, I found the decor to appear tired/dated in real life. I definitely needed the bug spray and wished we had mosquito netting over the bed.
I know this seems petty, but they had no mint for mojitos all 4 days even though their cocktail menu had a big section describing all the different types of mojitos they offered. AND, we were still unable to get one after the cook bought mint at the market with us.
Overall, Cap Maison is a nice facility but the value is not there.

1  Thank RollTide2014
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Just returned from Cap Maison and our first trip to the Caribbean, the room, food, staff were all excellent. There were a couple of things that weren't quite right, one night we had to wait over an hour to get seated for dinner even though we booked it for 8.00, but that was the exception and it didn't spoil our perception of the hotel. The beach was beautiful, turquoise sea and soft sand with a few rocks, it was shaded in parts but that suited us as we don't like sitting in full sun all day, you could move into the sun if you wanted. The beach bar was nice to go to for a drink or lunch and you could have dinner there on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We found the meals were better in the hotel restaurant. We would have a nice rum punch in the late afternoon watching the sun go down by the pool. We had a lively evening at the street party at Gros Islet on Friday night, and visited Marigot Bay and Castries. We got about by taxi, or you would need a car if you wanted to eat out but as we were all inclusive we ate at the hotel. Most meals were excellent, we had a couple which weren't so good but again it did not detract from our overall impression. We did feel the menu could be a bit more varied especially if you are eating at the hotel every day. The tapas lunch was particularly good and the seafood excellent. The gardens were very well kept and there were a variety of birds to see, interesting to see the little humming birds speedily flying from flower to flower. All in all be had a wonderful time and may well go back in the future.

Room Tip: Worth having the ocean view
1  Thank Liz4858
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This was my second time to stay at Cap Maison. The staff is still as great as I remember from 4 years ago. You can't beat the sunsets sitting at the bar or in the beautiful pool. What I like about this hotel is how private it feels. It has it's own beach and the grounds are fully gated. Loved my room and the bathroom, though I have to admit I didn't spend much time in my room. Great restaurant with just great food. I just love the place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank thecolonel1215
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I have been fortunate to eat at some great places over my years and thus for me to say the food here is excellent means it is a very high standard indeed. I found the food to be by far the best aspect of this hotel although in most other respects things were also good or better. The Cliff restaurant and also the Naked Fisherman bar served up great meals so if going here I would not plan to eat out at all.
Other highs are the large rooms which in my case came with great views onto the ocean , lovely gardens, discrete but obvious (if you can say that) security, a willingness to help and a cosy atmosphere.
If I was to go again, which I may well do, then I would not opt for the room with a Jacuzzi option, instead going either for no water feature and use the very nice main pool more or pay extra for the dedicated swimming pool option.
Room service / turn down was good when it happened but not perhaps always the most reliable , (a little Caribbean in happening) but you felt confident that if it bothered you then one call would fix most anything. Indeed the overall staff attitude, bearing in mind this is island life, was pretty dam good.
Talking with other tourists at the airport on the way back I feel confident we did at least as well and probably a lot better choosing Cap Maison than some of the bigger names on the island so all in , very good.

Room Tip: You need to wake up and see the sea, don;t book without a sea view!
2  Thank Chris O
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The reviews don't lie and this property truly distinguishes itself from the rest. From the moment you step foot on the property, prepare for beauty, quiet, refinement and the best dining experiences i have ever experienced at a hotel. The car transfer from the airport, arranged by the hotel, was superb. Check-in was seamless and effortless. The rooms are spacious and have everything you need. The rooms are rustic spanish in design and if you are disappointed, you should just leave now and don't bother staying here. With all the beauty that surrounds this property, you won't want to stay in your room anyway. The pools are quiet, the staff attentive, and the food is truly amazing and a work or art - more on the food in my other posting. One small issue with our room was taken care of immediately and even the Food and Beverage Manager was made aware of our issue. Not every place is perfect, but its the way in which you deal with an issue that counts and the mgmt team at cap maison were professional, courteous, and delivered on their promise. Way to turn a very small negative into a positive! The hotel is quiet, calm and a surprise lurks behind every corner. The beach is secluded, private and calming. Exactly what i needed after my work week of hell and a tremendous wedding. I'll post final thoughts at the end of the honeymoon. So far a 10+ or 5+star

1  Thank billyrod1
#2 of 11 in Soufriere
The Landings St. Lucia
The Landings St. Lucia
#2 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Cap Maison? Share your experiences!