“Unforgettable Honeymoon!”
Review of Cap Maison

Cap Maison
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Cap Estate
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My Fiance and I spent 6 days at Cap Maison for our Honeymoon. When we arrived at the airport we were greeted by our car service driver Ken. He was so personable and gave us a history about the island. The car ride was very nice. It did take about an hour and 20 minutes to get to the hotel, but the landscape and the company made it go by fast.

Once we got to the hotel we were greeted with champagne, and friendly staff members who took our bags, and walked us to our villa. We stayed in a two story hot tub villa overlooking the naked fisherman, which I talk about later. The villas are gorgeous and remind me of a villa in the Mediterranean. There is plenty of space and storage for all of your luggage and belongings. The beds were comfy, and combined with the sounds of the ocean and birds your guaranteed to sleep like a baby.

The food was amazing. I have to give a shout out to Cereal and Robertson who took such good care of us, especially on our private dining night. The staff here is unbelievably courteous, and seriously the best the staff that I have ever encountered at an all inclusive resort. They will bend over backwards to make sure you have a perfect time here. If you get a chance to eat at the Naked Fisherman, you must!! The burgers are amazing!! Scott the cook does a fantastic job, and is very friendly. Charlene at the Bar makes the best drinks!

My fiance and I will be coming back here again and again! We already miss it, and it's only been 2 days since we returned. Thank you Cap Maison for making our Honeymoon so special, and a trip that we will never forget.

1  Thank Megan H
RossCS, General Manager at Cap Maison, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Megan

Thank you very much for posting your review so soon after your return home!

We are delighted that you enjoyed your Honeymoon spent with us at Cap Maison and I am delighted also that you found our Cap it All (all inclusive package) met your needs entirely

Cyril, Robinson and Charlene were also very proud to be highlighted within your review and they, like all of us, look forward to your return to St Lucia and to Cap Maison

Reviewed 19 April 2014

My wife and I attended a wedding at Cap Maison. Our room was not oceanfront, but the bride and groom's was. Our room was very nice with Caribbean colonial design and decor, including tile floors, native wood shuttered windows and doors, and rustic ceiling. It was a good size and well appointed with a porch that had an ocean view. The bath was large with a big walk-in shower and two sinks. The hot water in the shower fluctuated in temperature from cold to hot.
The bride and groom's unit was like something you only see in magazines. Full kitchen, open living room with ocean views on three sides, giant shaded ocean view veranda. The unit was 2-story with huge rooftop that included seating areas and a private pool. It easily accommodated our group of 32 and steel drummer for a "before" party. The rooftop had the grandest views of all.
The restaurant is perched on a cliff overlooking the ocean. There is a wonderful view from every table. The food in the restaurant is above average.
Beaches on the island are public, but the one at Cap Maison might as well be private. It is very quiet and has a great beach bar and restaurant.
The service at the resort may be the best I have ever experienced. Everyone we encountered seemed genuinely friendly, and the staff went out of their way to accommodate every wish.
We stayed here for four days and then moved to another resort at Rodney Bay, which was a giant step down from Cap Maison. The biggest downside of St Lucia is that to get to the good resorts on the island, it is a long two-hour cab ride.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank OcalaTraveler2011
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We LOVED Cap Maison! Stunning location, grounds and restaurants - above all, I loved the service! The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful from the restaurants to reception. We were really pleased with our choice.

Grounds/Atmosphere
The grounds have a 'small' and quiet feel to them - not the place if you're after a party as there is no pool bar/music and it's generally not very loud. But if you're after luxury in a completely 'un-stuffy' and relaxing way, this is the place for you! Cap Maison became even more perfect for us when we caught glimpse of some of the other massive Sandals style resorts - I love the Spanish style layout and architecture, the rooms, the Cliff restaurant in particular, the pool and the beach!

Pool/Beach
There main pool is much nicer than the secondary one for obvious reasons (the view of the sea is a big plus!) but it is small. The beach is lovely, I just don't understand why there are only 4 sun shades - they always seem to be busy but this wasn't a massive problem. As above there isn't a swim up bar or loud music playing, it isn't that kind of place. The Cliff bar is only a few steps away from the pool so not a big deal. We actually played music (quietly) out of some speakers which didn't seem to bother anybody.

Restaurants/Bar
We are vegetarians so the Naked Fisherman wasn't really for us (although the setting was lovely) but we loved the staff and food at Cliff at the Cap. They made an effort with us (even though there were a few miscommunications) but we never left unsatisfied. On the nights they do entertainment it's lively and fun to stick around for a few drinks. The staff here are absolutely amazing - we specially loved Wendy's cheerful attitude! :)

Location
I know a lot of reviewers have mentioned the location is a bit off - I completely disagree! I thought it was perfect (unless you expect to just walk to places - this may not really be possible!). Pigeon island is a longish walk if you fancy a hike. Otherwise a cab to Rodney Bay costs 15USD each way which really isn't bad and it's full of restaurants and bars. Gros Islet is also similar but smaller.

My recommendation:
Get a Bed and Breakfast only package with Cap Maison, do a couple of dinners at Cliff and Naked Fisherman, the rest of the time get out and see the island! If you're there on a Friday night be sure to check out the street party at Gros Islet for cheap food, drink and dancing. If you're getting cabs, ask the reception to call Charlie the driver for you, he's friendly, reliable and a lovely person.

All in all I highly recommend Cap Maison for the picturesque sunsets, relaxed luxury and incredible service - I would go back!!

Room Tip: We were in room 26 - it was garden facing and it was generally fine. However probably because it is...
Reviewed 15 April 2014

What a beautiful resort! My husband, two daughters and I just returned from a six day stay at Cap Maison. We had a two room villa with a full kitchen, washer, dryer, tvs, living room, patio and our own pool! It was perfect! Our view was amazing and we were lucky enough to be very close to the restaurant and another pool. But this is also a downside, because of any parties at the open air restaurant it can get quite noisy. My youngest daughter and I arrived a day early and were treated to a tour of the produce market and a cooking lesson in our villa. (Basically our lunch that day) that was an amazing meal! The spa was very small, but the services were excellent. And I can't say enought about the food at the restaurant. We had breakfast there every morning and dinner there three nights. The food was healthy, fresh and de-lish! They even accommodated our nut, gluten and dairy allergies.
There are a couple of downsides to Cap Maison. The steps down to the beach can be quite a hike for some people, the gym is pretty lacking and the a/c is only in the bedrooms. But at this time of year it was not a problem. Our biggest complaint was a wedding party that carried their partying into the early hours of the morning. (some people do try to sleep at 3:30 am). These people were quite loud and inconsiderate. The management did very little to quiet them, it took a downpour to send them in.
I would definitely stay at this beautiful resort again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank momofgirls02
RossCS, General Manager at Cap Maison, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us at Cap Maison

It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the food, market tour and cooking lesson

My apologies that you were disturbed by the wedding party during your time with us and it is unfortunate that the parties’ exuberance impacted negatively on your stay and importantly your sleep

I am delighted that you would choose to stay with us again and that you would recommend us - it is very much appreciated

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The Cap Maison was the perfect place for what we were looking for, a quiet place to kick back and relax for five days, in beautiful surroundings. The room was excellent although the bed was a bit soft for my taste. The beach is not private, but really is. Even though the place was mostly full, each day only about 10-20 people used it. The small restaurant is right there and the food is excellent. They have equipment to use but it is just a nice place to do nothing. The food at the main restaurant was just great, although they could have mixed things up a bit. The grounds are very well maintained, and just beautiful. The three pools, while small, are all you need. I think the most people ever at the pools when we were there were eight people. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I note a few other comments that don't quite agree with that, but you have to keep in mind that we are strangers from a different country and I suspect that comes more from their unsureness about us than anything else. I found if I made a small attempt to engage them, they were just wonderful. The focus is not on activities although they do have some things they can arrange. It is not a place for kids who want to be very busy. If you want that, go to a Sandals. It is a perfect place if you want to kick back and relax. Great for couples to just be together. It is a bit of a hike to get there and the roads are windy. They drive on the left side. But that is the nature of where you are. Hire a driver if you are uncomfortable with that. But I have driven in Wales, and this was easier to navigate. I would have a couple of comments that should not detract from my overall opinion. The food is pricey. The service charges (which I was told was typical of the island) and VAT add 20% to everything. Dinners end up costing about $100 per, and lunches $50 per, if you have a drink or two. So you have to figure that a $400 room, with the other things added in, ends up being $800 a day. The beach could stand to have a couple more palapas. Guests tend to hoard these, as is typical at most places. With the limited number of people using the beach, a couple more would have accomodated any demand. There was one small thing that bugged me. They spray for mesquitos on Monday morning around the grounds, an unfortunate necessity. But it seems to work pretty well. However, the person who was spraying had nothing but a scarf around his mouth and nose. I am not too picky about this sort of thing, but if the resort really has an appropriate regard for its staff, it should have supplied him with a resperator type mask. Having made these comments, I still regard this as an excellent place to stay and I would not hesitate to recommend it to someone. It is a bit pricey, but I can abide that so long as hold up there end, and they did.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get a view room.
1  Thank wllybgr

Thank you very much for your review following your stay with us recently

I think you got the general St Lucian spot on - as typically they will not be "in your face" and they can wait until you engage them - this is not due to shyness but rather it is not in their make up to be pushy - what you get then is a sincere person who really wants to look after you and make you feel comfortable in their country - they are a very proud people

Thank you very much for recommending us and we very much look forward to your return

Reviewed 14 April 2014

my wife and i went to cap maison for our tenth wedding anniversary. what a great place!! great rooms, great food, and great staff!! we felt very well taken care of. we stayed in a 1 bedroom with a rooftop pool and a great view of the caribean. we could see martinique from the rooftop! we enjoyed both places to eat on the property; cliff at cap and the naked fisherman.

Room Tip: get a room with a rooftop pool
1  Thank 4241jmhorn

Thank you choosing Cap Maison and St Lucia to celebrate your 10th Wedding Anniversary

It was great to read that you both had such a great time with us and we very much look forward to your return at some point in the future

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Back to reality yesterday from this beautiful RESORT. This was our dream honeymoon (& we're 58 & 64!) When brought into our room, and the veranda doors opened..I cried! So beautiful! Kudos to Mr. Stevenson (Mgr) for a staff that's helpful and always smiling. They genuinely care that guests are happy, & were all knowledgeable, & professional in appearance & demeanor. It tells you something when staff remembers you by name. Special thanks to all front desk ladies (one in particular..Frangellia??sp?), Shattal in the spa, and all wait staff at The Cliff. Food there = FABULOUS. Sea bass is non-paralleled (and we're from Louisiana folks..we know seafood!) We didn't find it really overpriced. Breathtaking views at every turn; clean, a floral paradise. We had no problem with mosquitoes (& they usually love me). ? My only tiny negatives..our room had no floor length mirror..is it like that in every room? Maids: remember to refresh small towels, cream & cups daily (& we had no spoon). Open-ness of the veranda door/windows allows noise in (our neighbors in Bldg/Rms. 26, etc. kept us awake for 2 nights despite us & others complaining). As far as St. Lucia itself, we did most of the tours/events. "Flavours of the Grill" was just ok. 'The Edge' has to be experienced. WORLD CLASS FOOD & such a view. Great steak @ Big Chef Steakhouse, tho decor needs updating. For trip to/from airport, rent a private car thru Timms (?) for $100 instead of a bus that stops @ every hotel. Ziplining was a lifetime experience and you get to see the forest; horseback ride into the ocean was fun & inexpensive; Yacht tour to Soufrere/snorkeling was 'ok'..a bit long of a ride. I do advise that you leave time to just RELAX & not cram it all in. But overall, the stay at Cap de Maison was the best choice for us!! Will return!!

Room Tip: Definitely try to get a room on the second floor..not having a pool in your room doesn't matter...
1  Thank Dee M

Thank you very much for your review following your recent stay with us and it was lovely to meet you both

Thank you for your comments on our staff and how you were treated and Francilla was delighted to see her name in lights on Trip Advisor!

It was great that you managed to get out and about and see more of the island and its restaurants - it’s always a good thing to contribute to the local economy in that way

We very much hope that you will make the journey again in the future so that we will have the opportunity of looking after you once more

Kind Regards

#2 of 13 in Gros Islet
Ladera Resort
Ladera Resort
#2 of 11 in Soufriere

Been to Cap Maison? Share your experiences!