Delicious food (gourmet)
Rooms could use some repairs/renovations
This would have been the perfect vacation...
Food & Drink: We paid the extra $ for all-inclusive. Highly recommended if you don't have plans to eat a lot off site. The food is amazing, and most everything is included. If you go this route make sure to specifically ask what's included because they don't explain very well otherwise. I know we saved a lot of money with the package. If you stick with local liquor (rum punch is delicious), local beer, and wines by the glass (ask for the "by the glass" menu... There are a lot more than they let you think) you will most definitely save money. They'll even fill your fridge with whatever you want to drink, all included if you stay within the fairly generous restrictions. The food at the beach bar was the best, but the cliff restaurant was also very good.
Room: The room was VERY spacious. We had room 19, a ground floor villa suite with a private pool. One of the best rooms of the property in our opinion. The room was incredibly spacious; full living room, dining room, kitchen, bedroom. We were right next to the cliff and had a beautiful panoramic view of the ocean. The room definitely needed some maintenance. There were huge cracks in the bathroom ceiling, which sprung leaks when it rained. We spoke with couples that had the rooftop suites, and although they loved their rooms, there's not quite as much privacy because all the rooftops can see each other.
Staff: Everyone is super friendly and helpful. Don't hesitate to ask questions. They're not necessarily trained to anticipate needs in advance, but if you ask questions and make requests they will do everything they can to take care of you. My only criticism would be that it was a little off-putting that a few of the staff kept trying to get us to do tours with them on their off days. It seems to be common in St. Lucia that the locals want to make money from you in some way (tours, trinkets, even drugs), but it was uncomfortable when the staff was doing the same. When you have the same wait staff at dinner every night it becomes uncomfortable to keep making daily excuses as to why you don't want them to give you a tour.
Mosquitos!!!: Okay, here's the worst part. We were relentlessly attacked by mosquitos, in our room, at the restaurant, everywhere! I looked like I had a bad case of chicken pox from all the bites (that took more than a week to go away). Many of the other women we met had the same red speckled arms and legs. They give you some spray, but it is not very effective. We also couldn't sleep at night because the little buggers would constantly buzz by our ears. My husband would stay up all night trying to kill them. After many complaints they finally gave us some bed netting on our last night. Another couple told us they requested one and were told there weren't any left. We did stay during the rainy season (I'm sure it's better in the dry season), but they really should give every room netting. We talked with people from other hotels that were given netting standard.
Do the yacht tour through the hotel... Amazing!
Ask what is included if you purchase the all-inclusive package
Ask them to fill your fridge with your preferences
Get mosquito netting
Eat at the beach bar
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cap Maison is a lovingly created, family owned and managed five star boutique resort combining great attention to detail with a highly personalized style of service. Set in a stunning location above a beautiful secluded sandy beach on the north west coast of St Lucia, it offers luxury private villa suites, many with private rooftop pools, as well as Junior Suites and rooms. Facilities include the much sought after Cliff at Cap panoramic fine dining restaurant as well as the equally famous Naked Fisherman Beach Bar & Grill, a spa, fully equipped fitness centre, walk in wine cellar, beach service, free non motorised water sports, a hiking and running club, private 46 foot resort boat, club lounge with (computer access) and concessionary golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelbag, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, West Indies, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Cap Maison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Maison Hotel Cap Estate
- Cap Maison Gros Islet
- Cap Maison Hotel Gros Islet
- Cap Maison St. Lucia/Cap Estate