My husband and I arrived tired, exhausted, grouchy and in bad need of a shower at the Cap Masion on Feb 15th to be greeted by the most friendly and helpful people I have ever had the pleasure to meet at any hotel. The lovely lady at reception promptly offered me a glass of champagne and the Manager stopped by to welcome us and our fantastic vacation was off to a glowing start.
The grounds and facilities at Cap Maison are absolutely stunning, set on the top of a cliff overlooking the ocean. Everything from the pathways to the pools is fastidiously clean and elegantly arranged. We had dinner the first night at the Cliff at the Cap and the meal certainly lived up to the glowing reviews we had read previous to our arrival.
Our room was an ocean view junior suite. The bed was ridiculously comfortable and the room was well appointed with a mini-bar, coffee maker, toaster and numerous glass types and cutlery. We were welcomed with a lovely package of cookies (delicious!) and all the makings for a rum punch (also delicious!!). Our suite had a lovely large balcony overlooking the smaller main pool with two loungers to fully appreciate the ocean and pool view.
As you can note from the pictures of the hotel, the windows are a combination of shuttered screens and glass casement windows which add to the ambiance of the property. What they don't add is a lot of sound-proofing for the room. We were unfortunately awoken on the first morning promptly at 6 by the sound of the young kids in other suites. A set of earplugs by the bed allowed us to continue snoozing while the hotel awoke around us. I would also recommend that the hotel invest in felt pads for the bottoms of the chairs in each suite. The wooden chairs make a terrible racket when dragged on the tile floors, the felt pads would certainly reduce this noise issue.
The staff are incredibley courteous and helpful. We had arranged a rental car prior to our arrival to help tour the island. Unfortunately, the car broke down on our 3rd morning and we had to wait for the representative to come to replace the battery. Every single employee that passed us in the parking lot asked if there was anything they could do to help.
Overall we loved the Cap Maison and would return in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cap Maison is a new family owned and managed five star boutique resort. Located above a beautiful secluded sandy cove on the north west coast of St Lucia, Cap Maison offers luxury private villa suites, many with private rooftop pools. Facilities include a waterfront fine dining restaurant, spa, fully equipped fitness centre, walk in wine cellar, beach club with chaise lounge service, free non motorised water sports, a hiking and running club, private 46 foot resort boat, club lounge with (computer access) and concessionary golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, West Indies, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cap Maison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Maison Hotel Cap Estate
- Cap Maison Gros Islet
- Cap Maison Hotel Gros Islet
- Cap Maison St. Lucia/Cap Estate