This is a nice addition to the roster of luxury hotels in the Caribbean.
- nice island: the Pitons, Pigeon Island, nice beaches in Rodney Bay
- the food in the hotel's restaurant is not what you'd get in New York or London at the same price point, but it is very good by Caribbean standards: the meal plan is worth it especially since there are no other restaurants nearby
- very pleasant staff: our family has some picky eaters and the restaurant was very accommodating about substitutions, etc.
- excellent service: we received turn down service at the time we requested it daily; after a few days we suggested that mosquito nets be provided for the beds and found them installed in our room the same evening
- hotel general manager is very "hands on" and is always around to help out
- nice views from the rooms that have them, and from the restaurant
- the rooms are tastefully appointed
- the buildings are very close together for a luxury hotel: for instance our suite had an outdoor shower which was basically unusable as the guests of the next villa had a direct view over it from 10 feet away!
- some rooms can be fairly undesirable: small, no view, directly on the parking lot and the access road, etc.
- the common pool is small, much too small to accommodate all the guests when the hotel is full as it was over Easter.
- the beach is fairly small as well
Overall, we definitely enjoyed our stay at Cap Maison. My impression is that the hotel staff does everything it can to make your stay pleasant (think Four Seasons there); the negatives are issues that cannot be fixed at this stage: buildings too close together, small common pool, etc. Do make sure you get one of the larger rooms with a private pool, which also happen to be the ones with an ocean view. It will make a big difference in your enjoyment of Cap Maison. My impression from reading the earlier reviews after returning is that guests who did not like their stay there are likely those who were in the smaller rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cap Maison is a new family owned and managed five star boutique resort. Located above a beautiful secluded sandy cove on the north west coast of St Lucia, Cap Maison offers luxury private villa suites, many with private rooftop pools. Facilities include a waterfront fine dining restaurant, spa, fully equipped fitness centre, walk in wine cellar, beach club with chaise lounge service, free non motorised water sports, a hiking and running club, private 46 foot resort boat, club lounge with (computer access) and concessionary golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, West Indies, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Travelbag so you can book your Cap Maison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Maison Hotel Cap Estate
- Cap Maison Gros Islet
- Cap Maison Hotel Gros Islet
- Cap Maison St. Lucia/Cap Estate