My first impression of Cap Maison is that the hotel and grounds are absolutely beautiful, plus the view from the pool and Cliff restaurant are gorgeous. Stayed here for 4 nights and really enjoyed it. Will be at the top of my list for places to stay if/when I return.
The rooms were very large, and every room seemed to have a private balcony or outdoor space. We were in a basic garden view room, so nothing fancy. The smugglers cove beach area was nice, but not the place to go if you're looking for vast expanses of white sand. The food at the Cliff restaurant was incredible....but expensive :) so be careful if you plan to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner there. If money is no object, then you'll definitely be well fed. The staff are courteous and say hello to you when walking by. The grounds are are in immaculate condition.
We rented a car and I was extremely happy we did so. A taxi to Rodney Bay can average $12-$16 each way so one round trip ride pays almost half of a daily rental. Plus it gave us the freedom to get away from Cap Maison for breakfast or lunch and explore the island on our own time. And the driving conditions were fine (this coming from someone who has never driven on the left hand side of the road).
Lastly, I had to laugh at the previous review where the reviewer mentioned the faucet in the hotel shower. I thought it was a brilliant idea to put it in to wash your feet after coming in from the beach. It's one of the first things I noticed after going to the beach and returning to the room.
My only negative was due to fault of my own. I wanted to reserve Cap Rock with the champagne zip line for my last evening, but waited too late and it was already reserved. Next time! Thanks for the enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cap Maison is a new family owned and managed five star boutique resort. Located above a beautiful secluded sandy cove on the north west coast of St Lucia, Cap Maison offers luxury private villa suites, many with private rooftop pools. Facilities include a waterfront fine dining restaurant, spa, fully equipped fitness centre, walk in wine cellar, beach club with chaise lounge service, free non motorised water sports, a hiking and running club, private 46 foot resort boat, club lounge with (computer access) and concessionary golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, West Indies, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Cap Maison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Maison Hotel Cap Estate
- Cap Maison Gros Islet
- Cap Maison Hotel Gros Islet
- Cap Maison St. Lucia/Cap Estate