“Peace and Quiet with an amazing staff!”
Review of Cap Maison

Cap Maison
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cap Estate
Macon, Georgia
“Peace and Quiet with an amazing staff!”
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Cap Maison was an amazing trip for my husband and I. We chose to 'do' very little outside the resort because we didn't want to leave our amazing roof top terrace. The staff at the beach were great and extremely helpful with the water sports. The office staff was also very helpful in giving us information about all there is to do on the island, however we didn't want to leave the beauty that was at Cap Maison. The location was great ( we took the helicopter over) and the sunsets were truly breathtaking. The drivers they chose for us were top-notch! We have 2 small children and it was the perfect get away we needed. My husband is hoping we can go again next year!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Evergreen, Alabama
Reviewed 21 June 2010

We traveled to Cap Maison as a getaway for our eleventh anniversary. It was so romantic and the staff there did everything to meet our every need. We had our own private pool and took advantage of the sailing as well. The sunset cruise on the Cap Maison I is a must do. Thanks to everyone for making our stay unforgettable! We will surely be back!

Philadelphia
Reviewed 19 June 2010

My wife and I just celebrated our honeymoon at Cap Maison and absolutely loved it. The drive up to the hotel really makes you feel like you're driving to your own secret hotel. We pulled up and had someone to promptly grab our bags and we entered the lobby where we were welcomed with a cool damp towel (which you'll realize in June how absolutely perfect this was). After briefly chatting and expressing our hunger we were escorted into The Cliff for lunch (before checking in). We had an all-inclusive package so we got to enjoy the food and staff at The Cliff for several days. I really can't say enough about the staff - they did an amazing job making us feel welcome and at home during our entire stay. The restaurant staff, reception, room service, beach bar/watersports, and spa staff really deserve kudos for making this hotel the absolute best.

We were in a Oceanview Villa Suite w/ jacuzzi which was absolutely perfect. You had a good view of the beach and the grounds and are close enough to be put to sleep each night by the rolling of the waves. One thing of note is that the downstairs of the villa is not air conditioned, but the upstairs bedroom is. Not that this was a problem, I actually found it quite nice to know I could retire to the AC, but thought it was worth pointing out. Both hotel pools are amazing, so I feel this size villa is the perfect choice.

Dinner each night was absolutely superb. The menu uses fresh ingredients and you can taste it in the food. I will say that while there is a nod to West Indian cuisine the majority of the menu is more contemporary with a tropical flair. Again, this isn't a problem, just noting for information. Lastly, with lunch we noticed that what we were served was always a variation on what we ordered - no avocado on the wrap, different veggies served with certain meals, etc. It became a joke by the second day - we'll order something and see what variation we actually get.

Again, none of this is complaining - I honestly feel, from my stay here and from conversations with other travelers, that this is THE spot in St. Lucia. Amazing staff, great location and amenities, fresh, tasty food...my little sliver of heaven...how can you go wrong?

1 Thank Kreskin55
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 June 2010

My first impression of Cap Maison is that the hotel and grounds are absolutely beautiful, plus the view from the pool and Cliff restaurant are gorgeous. Stayed here for 4 nights and really enjoyed it. Will be at the top of my list for places to stay if/when I return.

The rooms were very large, and every room seemed to have a private balcony or outdoor space. We were in a basic garden view room, so nothing fancy. The smugglers cove beach area was nice, but not the place to go if you're looking for vast expanses of white sand. The food at the Cliff restaurant was incredible....but expensive :) so be careful if you plan to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner there. If money is no object, then you'll definitely be well fed. The staff are courteous and say hello to you when walking by. The grounds are are in immaculate condition.

We rented a car and I was extremely happy we did so. A taxi to Rodney Bay can average $12-$16 each way so one round trip ride pays almost half of a daily rental. Plus it gave us the freedom to get away from Cap Maison for breakfast or lunch and explore the island on our own time. And the driving conditions were fine (this coming from someone who has never driven on the left hand side of the road).

Lastly, I had to laugh at the previous review where the reviewer mentioned the faucet in the hotel shower. I thought it was a brilliant idea to put it in to wash your feet after coming in from the beach. It's one of the first things I noticed after going to the beach and returning to the room.

My only negative was due to fault of my own. I wanted to reserve Cap Rock with the champagne zip line for my last evening, but waited too late and it was already reserved. Next time! Thanks for the enjoyable stay.

1 Thank jasonu202
London
Reviewed 8 June 2010

We have recently got back from a 2 week stay and wanted to thank Cap Maison for looking after us so well. The reception as we arrived was magnificent and was the shape of things to come. Cool towels, a glass of champagne and finding the kids addressed by their names as they emerged from the taxi immediately put smiles on all of our faces and highlighted what, 2 weeks later, we came to regard as one of Cap Maison's greatest strengths: its personal service and wonderful sense of community.

Guests were among the friendliest I have ever encountered (especially given the fact we had a 3 and 1 year old in tow and the majority were honeymooners or parents escaping the kids) and the staff were fantastic, led by the hugely impressive Ross. Within hours we felt like friends rather than guests at a hotel and the staff were a delight.

The buildings, lawns, pools and flora have been very cleverly designed and it is often hard to work out where rooms start and finish. Consequently there is a feeling of space all over the resort. The setting is quite sensational with magnificent sea views and we loved taking the kids down to the beach in the mornings when there is ample shade and out on the grass by Smugglers Point in the afternoons.

If you need to escape, we thoroughly enjoyed running with Julian over on the Atlantic Coast (he also does an awesome deep tissue massage) and were well looked after when it came to tickets for both the Jazz Festival and the 20:20 cricket.

A special word of mention for the restaurant, The Cliff. It is a quality restaurant by anyone’s standards but is not in the least bit stuffy. The setting is magnificent, the food was superb (fresh and inventive) and the Saturday tapas menu a “must”. As with the rest of the hotel, service was friendly and attentive and we were made to feel comfortable dining with a 3 and 1 year old. Our kids are still talking about the staff in the restaurant and the boys down at the beach and seem to think all restaurants should be like The Cliff and all hotels like Cap !

Well done all at Cap Maison. We look forward to returning in the not too distant future.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank RTHC
Apollo Beach, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2010

We have traveled the world from Asia to Africa staying at some of the most exquisite hotels in the world, and absolutely love CAP MAISON in the north of St. Lucia...... Small, intimate suites some with infinity pools on the ground level and the rooftop pool and suite as well. Would definitley do the ground level with the infinity pool, nothing less. Absolutely recommend St Lucia Helicopters to fly from UVF airport to Castries (10 minutes) and then car hire the rest of the way to Cap Maison making the the transfer less than 40 minutes with sightseeing over the rainforest as a bonus.

The views from the hotel are spectacular, the grounds are pristine, the staff is exceptionally attentive and the service is outstanding. Suites are spacious, complete with living room, dining room , kitchen , luxuriouos bath with spa products and although only the bedroom is air-conditioned, the tradewinds gently blow across the island offer cooling breezes.Most every other room has ceiling fans for even more cooling as well, but we enjoy having a bit of the tropical experience as well. Small, but very good beach with crystal clear waters offers opportunities for snorkeling and non motorized watersports.

The "Cliff @ the Cap" restaurant is set over the water and offers spectacular views of the Caribbean and neighboring moks ... it is truly the perfect setting for that special evening repast. And if you like, I believe you can even accompany the chef to the market on Saturday mornings as he selects fresh vegetables and fruits. A small shop on the premises even offers a collection of fine wines and cigars.

As serene and tranquil as Cap Maison is, the island itself offers many opportunities for active adults as ourselves for ziplining, ATV tours through the rainforest, hiking the pitons and more. A word of warning though, the service and the surroundings @ Cap Maison make it difficult to leave even for a few hours!!!!

As you may well have surmised, we are I our celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary as we speak, right now at Cap Maison and could not be more enchanted by it all!!!

2 Thank stjusvi
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 30 May 2010

I use trip advisor frequently for planning our trips and I am sorry to report that I have never taken the time to offer my own reviews. Our recent experiences at Cap Maison, though, have compelled me to take the time to tell you about our incredible experience at a wonderful boutique-style resort in St Lucia.

My husband and I travel quite abit. Once a year we usually splurge and do a really great beach vacation - focusing on R & R, water sports and fine dining/wining, etc...To give you a perspective of other recent resorts we give the thumbs up to: Maroma (MX), Makenda by the Sea (Costa Rica), Casa Del Mar (MX), and Tamarindo (MX) - we live in AZ so MX is always a good choice if we want something relatively close.

August 2009 our pick was St Lucia and we chose Cap Maison for lodging. Unfortunately, that trip ended up being a major disappointment - the morning of Day 2; I ended up in a fairly serious accident which resulted in the majority of our week spent at the hospital.
As tragic as that experience was, it actually resulted in us deciding to make a return trip to Cap Maison in May 2010 - something we rarely do as we really enjoy seeing new places. Thus begins the story of why we fell in love with Cap Maison.

Aug 2009 trip - First and foremost, the entire staff deserves recognition for their outstanding service. Dunston, my hero, for carrying me up 250 stairs after my accident. Ross and Annabel (GM and his wife) for rushing us to the hospital (45 mins each way) and going back and forth to get food and clothes for my husband so he could stay with me at the hospital, Julian - for the incredible massage you gave me while I was recuperating - and Matthew (restaurant manager) and his entire staff, for providing me a very tasty "liquid" diet all week. I can't possibly express in words, the gratitude and appreciation that my husband and I have for the entire staff at Cap Maison - they went above and beyond to try and make a bad situation better.

May 2010 - So as you can imagine, a return trip was something we really wanted to do - not only had we missed seeing or doing anything on the beautiful island of St Lucia, but we hardly enjoyed the resort, either. But mostly, we wanted to return to say Thank you to the wonderful staff at Cap Maison.

Upon our return, we were welcomed like family returning home for the Holidays. My goodness, it was so incredible. The first thing we noticed is that nearly all of the same people worked there. We found this especially interesting and spent the week inquiring - turns out the unanimous answer was that the leadership, specifically Ross, kept everyone there - they really liked and respected him - and my husband and I can see why. He's very hands on and it's obvious that he has created a culture that exudes customer service!

Upon check in we informed Cycandra that our luggage had been inadvertently taken by some other travelers and that Delta was working on getting that straightened out. (More on that later).

They brought us to our room - WOW! They had upgraded our room - as return visitors - and the room was nothing short of incredible. From what we could tell, though, every room at Cap Maison is really great. The furnishings are indigenous to the area and just beautiful. Because it's a small resort, almost every room has a good location. This is one of those properties, though, that a splurge on a room with a view is well worth the extra money. Our room was multistoried and each floor had balconies with an incredible view of the Caribbean Ocean. The rooftop pool made us feel like we were “lifestyles of the rich and famous”. Also, if you prefer to dine in for some meals, the rooms with kitchens/dining rooms/living rooms are great. You could easily stay for an extended period of time in these units. They even have washer/dryer. My husband and I were really impressed with the size and quality of the rooms.

The grounds are immaculate. As you'd expect at a resort of this caliber, they are endlessly working on maintaining the grounds. The main pool area is just wonderful. I'm not much of a pool person - prefer the beach - but this is one instance where I enjoy the pool nearly as much as the beach. Because this resorts seems best suited for adults/couples/honeymooners/romance there are few children around. So the pool area is elegant and quiet and the views are fantastic. Food and beverages from the restaurant are served poolside and it's nice to just sit in your bathing suite in that setting while enjoying a bite to eat. The beach - though public - seems like it's a private Cap Maison beach due to its location. It's an awesome beach - normally quiet with few people. The water is perfect temperature and in the afternoon when the waves come in, it's a lot of fun to play in the waves. There's kayaks, snorkeling gear, and hobie cats, etc...available at no charge. Also, there's a little snack bar with cold beverages and the ability to have lunch brought to you from the main restaurant. Dunston is in charge of the beach and he aims to please. He goes above and beyond to make sure everyone has what they need whether it’s food/beverage, water sports, a lounge chair or just snapping pictures, he’s one of those guys that’s johnny on the spot and service with a smile.

Speaking of the restaurant, Cliff, it is incredible. Great food, wine list, and the ambiance are awesome. Matthew runs the restaurant and he's very knowledgeable in wine. We especially enjoyed the Sea Bass and Filet. They were both out of this world. The service is top notch - we fell in love with Maggie, she's an absolute sweetheart! Most nights they have some kind of entertainment in the restaurant. Our favorite is Sat night where they do a tapas/wine pairing and they have a sax player - it makes for an incredibly wonderful evening so be sure to have dinner at Cliff restaurant on Sat night if you can. While I'd describe the restaurant as "elegant" it's not stuffy. It's resort-like elegant so men are encouraged to wear slacks but a polo or Tommy Bahama-style shirt is fine and women can get away with a sundress.

We had a couples massage in the Spa. Julian and Shakira did a GREAT job. In fact, we did massages twice and each time it was really great.

The resort offers a sunset cruise on their yacht - it's included in some packages. It's a very nice way to see the island’s coastline, relax with a cocktail and enjoy a sunset.

My husband and I work out daily, so we were pleased to have the gym. It's definitely adequate for a week's stay.

So, back to the luggage. After about 18 hrs of no luggage, we started to get worried. The people who were identified as having our luggage kept calling and saying they were on their way, but then they wouldn’t show up. So, we headed down to the front desk to figure out what we should do. How’s this for customer service? Cycandra had already been in touch with Delta and had arranged to have someone from the resort go and fetch our luggage? Can you believe that? This is the sort of thing you get from the staff at Cap Maison and this “above and beyond” level of service is just one of the reasons we give Cap Maison a big thumbs up!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
#6 of 11 in Soufriere
East Winds
East Winds
#1 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Cap Maison? Share your experiences!