We spend 5 nights at the beautiful Cap Maison. Rented a car from the airport, the hotel is very easy to find. The moment we arrived at the hotel we felt like we are at home. I guarantee that you will be well taken care of by the wonderful staff, especially the manager of the resort Ross and the restuarant manager Mathew they are both amazing. Ross is everywhere, he is there to give you perfectly clear directions, where to eat, where to go for site seeing, you name it. He always has this genuine smile on his face. = ) We checked-in on a tuesday night, which was the management cocktail reception night. The rum punch there were amazing. Went down so smoothly you can drink too much without noticing it. Speaking of the restaurant, the breakfast there was the perfect way to start the day. By day 2, staff there remembered that we like coffee and our room number. I still miss the off the menu bacon and cheese omelett. OMG, delish! And the baked goods and the St Lucia breakfast was oh so tasty. Mathew (the manager of the restaurant) is friendly and offers great advises from food suggestions to 'where should we go snorkeling'. He knows the island well. Based on his recommendation, we snorkeled on the left side (if you enter the water from the hotel's beach you keep swimming to the left towards the Cliff restuarant). The snorkeling there was amazing, we saw hundreds of sea urchins and schools of fishes there. We really enjoyed the Tapa night on saturday at the Cliff. The food was really really fresh. The bar at the beach was great too. Lots of beach activities like kayaking/snorkeling equipment etc available for free. The hotel is more beautiful than any hotel we have stayed at, the photos did not do its justice. I highly recommend going to the farmer's market in Castries on saturday we went there to buy local spices (Mathew said we should have bought the local coco there maybe next time), We also had lunch in a local restaurant in the market, good spot to taste some local food for cheap. Pigeon Island is also only 10 minutes drive from the resort, had lunch there one time by the beach, was amazing as well.
St Lucia is beautiful, I can't wait to go back to Cap Maison.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cap Maison is a lovingly created, family owned and managed five star boutique resort combining great attention to detail with a highly personalized style of service. Set in a stunning location above a beautiful secluded sandy beach on the north west coast of St Lucia, it offers luxury private villa suites, many with private rooftop pools, as well as Junior Suites and rooms. Facilities include the much sought after Cliff at Cap panoramic fine dining restaurant as well as the equally famous Naked Fisherman Beach Bar & Grill, a spa, fully equipped fitness centre, walk in wine cellar, beach service, free non motorised water sports, a hiking and running club, private 46 foot resort boat, club lounge with (computer access) and concessionary golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, West Indies, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Cap Maison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Maison Hotel Cap Estate
- Cap Maison Gros Islet
- Cap Maison Hotel Gros Islet
- Cap Maison St. Lucia/Cap Estate