“Wedding In Paradise”
Review of Cap Maison

Cap Maison
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Cap Estate
Reviewed 22 October 2010

My wife and I had gotten married at Cap Masion on 10-10-10 and we had the MOST wonderful experience with it. The location was truly breathtaking and the staff were perfect, went above an beyond, WAY ABOVE. Located on a cliff with amazing views and incredible sunsets you couldn't ask for more. The grounds were kept very tidy and the friendly staff were very attentive. The food at the Clif restaurant was just heaven, we had a hard time choosing the menu items that we wanted to try. Too much good food and not enough time to try them all. The chef gets 5 stars from us without a second thought. I'm having a hard time trying to put into words how everyone that was a part of our experience made our wedding everything that we wanted and more. We even went back for our 1 week anniversary just because we loved it so much. I've already planned on us going back for our 1 year anniversary.

I would DEFINITELY recommend anyone that is wanting to get married on St. Lucia that Cap Masion is the only place you should do it. The pictures will turn out better than you can imagine from all the amazing views around the grounds and the guests will be totally amazed by the food/drink and of course the wedding cake. Also the gazebo is overlooking the ocean and is the perfect size and look for your destination wedding. Not only did the folks at Cap Masion go above and beyond our expectations but they kept coming back to us asking what more they could do for us.... Now if that's not service I don't know what is.

Ross Stevenson, Mathew and Dey from Cap Masion I would like to thank you along with your staff of wonderful individuals from the bottom of my heart for making my wife and I's special day an experience that we will never forget. And we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Mr. & Mrs. Builta

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rbuilta
RossCS, Manager at Cap Maison, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2010

Thank you both very much for taking the time to write your review following your wedding day with us at Cap Maison and we were delighted to be part of your special day!

We look forward to welcoming you both back for your 1st Anniversary next year!

Kind Regards

Ross

Ross Stevenson
General Manager - Cap Maison

Reviewed 19 October 2010

We stayed here for a week in a garden room and loved every minute. The setting is simply stunning. The 2 main pools were always fairly quiet, having so many private roof pools is ideal. We ate at The Cliff Restaurant 5 out of 7 nights and with the exception of 1 night the food was excellent. I would not advise you venture next door to The TAO restaurant at Le Sport. It was very disappointing and not to the same standard at The Cliff. I would try and get a package with breakfast included as otherwise it is $25 per person. Make sure you go to the 'Jump up' on Friday night in Gros Inslet, it is great fun!.A lovely hotel for a relaxing week in the sun with charming staff that I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fairmont123
Reviewed 1 October 2010

Though the cab ride from the major airport on the south end of the island to the property of Cap Maison was long (1 1/2 hours) it was worth every minute. We had a junior villa suite which had a pool and veranda (where we spent tons of time) with gorgeous view of the ocean. The property is on a cliff and there are steps to the small (but nice) beach area. The restaurant was first rate. (We were disappointed the two times we didn't eat there.) Everyone strives to make your visit enjoyable, starting with complimentary bubbly on arrival. Double check on all reservations (spa, special zip line deck, etc.) as us and others found that there were some hiccups in scheduling. We felt private and secluded and appreciate that we could keep in touch with our kids via the wireless internet.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Camille45
RossCS, Manager at Cap Maison, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2010

We are delighted that you enjoyed your time spent with us at Cap Maison and the beautiful island that is St Lucia

Ross

Ross Stevenson

Reviewed 30 September 2010

My husband and I found this place for our honeymoon after reviewing several others on the island of Saint Lucia as well. We could not have been more pleased with our choice and believe it was one of the best places we have ever stayed in our lives. The scenery is breathtaking and resort is quaint and charming. The restaurant, The Cliff at Cap, is fantastic. We ate there 5 out of 7 nights. The staff here is very friendly and accommodating and will set up any activities for you on the island during your stay. We also had several spa treatments and were very impressed. The activities you can do right from the hotel are great as well, we did a sunset cruise on the private boat that was great. We also enjoyed snorkeling and kyaking right from the beach and both we great! We cannot wait to go back sometime soon!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank meggem07
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Loved my holiday. i tend to splurge and visit different resorts off and on. I loved every moment of Cap maison.,
FANTASTIC restaurant and food. Hotel resembles a spanish style housing and its just simply beautiful. What i enjoyed most was that i AUTOMATICALLY received a 3 day rental in my Holiday package from AL-Rentals.Com. Inquire about that. MAde my explorations much more affordable and saved me tons on the cost of tours.
should not be rated as a 5 star but 5 diamond resort in my opinion.
BTW. the beach which the hotel sits on was filmed in the most recent bachelor TV show. Smugglers Cove. IT was an old pirate hide away.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelKing99
Reviewed 21 August 2010

As a 14 year old in a family with a 11 year old boy my father and I are the main vacation planners. I am so glad that we stumbeled along this gem. We were here for about a week on the Cap It All Off Package. All of our food was included and we are so happy that it was. The restaurant (Cliff at Cap) was so delicious. The waiters and waitresses knew our names and treated us like friends. I highly suggest the pork belly with squid for it is one of the most delicious things I have every eaten. The location is beatutiful and I wish I was still there. My family and I stayed in an oceanfront villa with a private pool. It really was ocean view and it was just steps away from EVERYTHING! The main pool was gorgeous as was the champange zip line terrace and the spanish courtyard pool. Sadly while we were there due to a storm the beach was small but still beautiful and the service at the beach was terriffic. On the other hand the front desk was very helpful with aranging a free shuttle to a different larger white sand beach and any other excursions you my be interested in. Now, I am working on a vacation to turks and caicos and I am worried that no resort will be any where as good as Cap Maison! The only advice I have for someone considering vacationing at Cap Maison is DO IT!!!! You won't be disapointed!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank teenonvaca
Reviewed 17 August 2010

First of all we travelled by helicopter, if there are 2 of you travelling to the North of the island it is a complete false economy to get a taxi and it is a wonderful way to arrive after an 11 hour flight from Gatwick.

We were greeted at Cap Maison with a smile, a glass of champagne and a cold towel. We were taken straight to our villa with rooftop pool (Glory Cedar) and our luggage was delivered within 2 hours. The villa was incredible, 2 large balconies plus a huge roof terrace with plunge pool. We had pre ordered a fridge pack, this was ready and waiting with all the basics you would need plus a few naughty treats. There are no local shops so we had these fridge packs delivered every few days throughout our 2 week stay.

The beds are 7ft and the bathrooms are gorgeous with Acqua Di Parma products. A large TV in the sitting room with surround sound and a large TV in bedroom with Ipod dock. There is a food centre with ice maker in the kitchen and dishwasher, there is a cooker too although I didn't go near it!

The hotel complex is beautiful, the grounds are lovely and there are 2 communal pools, the walk down to the beach is steep but first thing in the morning when it gets the sun is really stunning.

Unbeknown to me my boyfriend was planning to propose whilst we were away, the staff could not have been more helpful and accomodating. Whenever they called the room to help him execute his plan they used the code word 'Spa' and pretended to me it was regarding the appointments he had made. The hotel helped to arrange an executive car (BMW X5) to pick us up and take us round to The Landings Hotel where the hotel boat 'Cap Maison 1' is moored, this is a 60ft Searay and is amazing. The captain was waiting to take us for our private charter at sunset the length of the island to the most incredible restaurant called Rainforest Hideaway. This restaurant can only be reached by boat but is most definitely worth it. Thanks to the hotels co-ordination the captain had been given the ring box and knew the proposal would happen on the return journey. Another executive car (Audi Q7) was waiting to take us back to Cap. When we arrived back to our villa the staff had stayed late to cover our ENTIRE villa with rose petals in heart shapes, arrange all our towels in to swans and generally make the most romantic environment that was possible. Beautiful.

The next morning we had a private breakfast on the deck below The Cliff, it's true the zip line is a myth which meant one very nice young man was running up and down the stairs to bring us our 4 course breakfast. Was so beautiful and once again the hotel made it very special.

We did go in to Rodney Bay, Big Chef was our favourite restaurant by far.

Very sad to leave and would 100% recommend to anyone.

...I said yes by the way.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Anse Cochon

Been to Cap Maison? Share your experiences!