BodyHoliday Saint Lucia
Cap Maison(Cap Estate)(Great Value!)
US$536
blu St Lucia(Gros Islet)
US$162
US$123
Travelocity
Villa Cleopatra(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
US$783
Orbitz.com
Palm Haven Hotel(Gros Islet)
US$187
US$157
US$234
US$211
The Ginger Lily Hotel(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
US$137
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,601 results
All reviewsle sportbody holidayspa treatmentstao restaurantpiano barcariblue restaurantwellness centrefitness classescommunal tabletai chicariblue windowsgolf lessonsluxury ocean view roomsolo travellerwater sportsincluded treatmentspersonal training
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I spent a week w/my sister at The Body Holiday in late April & although we are two very different women, we both had a wonderful time. I'm into fitness, (healthy) food & fun; my sister works crazy hours & recently underwent major surgery, so what she really needed was a pampered rest. The resort fulfilled all our wishes -- lovely, well kept facilities, many fresh & tasty food choices, top notch spa treatments and an attentive & well trained staff. I travel extensively all over the world & always stay in 4 or 5 star establishments, but don't often take the time to write a review. I don't frequently revisit the same place because there is so much world to see, but I'm eager to return to The Body Holiday. I believe it's an ideal destination for women traveling (even alone). Even though the resort was fully booked while we were there, securing lounge chairs was never a problem. There are many lovely areas to relax. Likewise, we never had to wait for a table at meal time, there was always space in fitness classes, the gym was near empty & activities / water sports were readily available. The only problem we encountered was in booking additional spa treatments or moving treatments around. Be sure to give this some thought well prior to your arrival, to avoid disappointment. The only negatives I noted were lack of wi-fi in guest rooms & a significant climb up to the spa. This didn't present a difficulty for me, but for an elderly or less fit person, it can be an inconvenience. Last comments -- virtually all dining facilities and clubhouse are open air. Had I realized this in advance, I would have left my sweaters at home & packed only very lightweight clothing. I wonder what they do in inclement weather, but happily, the weather was perfect our entire stay. The clientele was mostly fitness conscious, mid aged professional types, although there were a fair number of honeymooners, young couples & singles (mostly women). Everyone had smiles on their faces :-) Most people I met were repeat visitors, VERY IMPRESSIVE. Surprisingly, roughly 80% were Brits, 15% Canadians & only about 5% American. Why haven't my fellow Americans discovered this resort?

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Slimfoodiegirl
MarkLFrances, General Manager at BodyHoliday Saint Lucia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Dear Guest

I’ll definitely need to thank my team for a job very well done.

Yours is an example of how The BodyHoliday allows our guests to do as little, or as much as they like. Much has been done to ensure that our solo travelers are very well taken care of.

You will be pleased to know that complimentary shuttle service is available on request for anyone who needs help getting to and from the wellness centre. We highly recommend that our guests use our bespoke vacation personalization tool on our website to get treatments, both included and extra, sorted prior to their arrival to ensure that they’re all sorted and worry free when they get here.

Thank you again for staying with us and we do hope to see you again in the future!

Regards
Mark Frances

Reviewed 30 April 2012

My wife and I came back for a second visit in March 2012 to check out the resort after the renovation. We could not have been more more pleased by what we found. We had really enjoyed our visit in 2011, but the visit in 2012 was even better. The renovations only enhanced an already terrific resort. We got more involved in activities this time around and that really helps in meeting people, and also heightens the overall experience of your vacation.

The non stop activities, the quality of the staff and instruction, the quality of the food and choice of restaurants are superb. The resort never feels crowded because of all the activities going on. The included treatments at the Spa are a wonderful bonus. The staff and management (Jermaine at the piano bar and Magdalena at the spa especially) go out of their way to make your stay really enjoyable. I especially enjoyed the golf instruction with Edwin, pool and beach volleyball games, morning walks, cycling tours. I pretty much enjoyed everything except the mosquitoes.

We have travelled fairly extensively in the Caribbean.....Sandals in St Lucia and Jamaica, resorts in Bermuda and Bardados and while we liked all of them, this is the only place I will go back to again and again.

The Helicopter is a pretty sweet way to get to the airport. Hopefully will be back soon

Room Tip: Oceanview King room was really nice
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank John M
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My new wife and I have just arrived home after spending 6 nights at LeSport for our honeymoon.
You do see a lot of bile and rubbish spouted on TripAdvisor - and having used it extensively to help me choose the holiday, I thought I'd try and give an honest opinion of what things are like.

We went through a travel agent and a company called Lusso. It all became quite convoluted when we arrived and were told we were being dealt with by Spice Travel, who then had a lady called Christine who worked for Sans Souci Ltd on behalf of Spice..... Despite all that things went well - all our private transfers turned up on time and Christine even went into town from our hotel to get some placemats that my wife wanted, which was impressive. What she didn't tell us was some sort of local knowledge - e.g. tipping.

Anyway, about the bodyholiday. When we arrived things were ok - we pulled up in our taxi and took our bags through to the reception (on the day we left, they had someone waiting for you with a glass of bubbly and someone to take your bags - not there when we arrived, but it had recently been raining)
Unfortunately then our room wasn't ready - however, we were given a tour of the resort and then settled into resort life! Our room wasn't ready until 4pm, but they then let us keep the room a little later without a late checkout fee, which was good, although a little bit of a struggle.

Room
We booked the deluxe beachview Suite (259/260) which was a beautiful room with an anteroom to sit and relax and then a wonderful bedroom and balcony. We had a bad run where we kept coming back to our room to find housekeeping inside, but you can't fault them for that.

The staff were absolutely lovely and helpful (Ash in Tao, Jeramaine in the piano bar).
Resort
I saw a fair few negative reviews re:building work, but there is certainly no building work going on there now and the resort looks clean, new and impressive. The clubhouse has regular entertainment, a fantastic bar and has the grill in the evening. The cariblue restaurant is where breakfast+lunch are served and where one of the evening dinner options is located - it does a la carte dining with daily specials and food service is speedy.
The beach is fabulous, and I'm pretty sure there is no way you could be bored here - there is sailing, archery, all sorts of fitness..... more than you will be able to do in a week.
Spa - amazing, daily treatments - no need to say anymore about it

Excursions
We booked the more expensive land and sea, which was definitely worth the money - the view at the Ladera resort is spectacular. However, what we were not told was that in all the 'included tours' that we went on the tour guides were not actually paid but just lived on the tips you gave them - bit awkward for us as we did not bring much cash, but you could easily have spent 60 - 80 EC dollars on tips on top of the 180 US dollars per person - quite steep for a day trip. Free bar on the boat was amazing though....

Overall, great place for all types of people (the fitness fanatics could be a little intimidating but there were other honeymooners like us about) with great food and facilities. I heard from others that their rooms were a little dated, but if you wanted you would literally just use it to shower and sleep. Slightly disappointed that it took a while to sort out waiving the late checkout fee (our holiday was very expensive and we took one of their best rooms) but sorted out in the end. Would definitely stay here again and hope it continues to do well.

PS - It is a long way from Hanowarra airport so if you feel like splashing out then get the helicopter from Castries (instead of over a 2 hour drive, you have a 30 min drive to the airport in the North and then a 13 minute helicopter ride). Well worth the price and gave us basically an extra half day in the resort.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChrisMcDermott
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I have traveled all over the world and stayed in all kind of hotel and resorts up to Relais & Chateaux, we are not the type of customers to return to the same resort but we will return to The BodyHoliday, Le Sport and will reccomend it to everyone we know.
We will return because the place is UNIQUE, the activities are unique I do not know of a place that offer so many different sports, the wellness center is excellent, professional yet friendly, the food is excellent and there is never a waiting line anywhere.
The wine are all good and if you want to upgrade the list is complete and affordable.

Room Tip: take a de luxe ocean view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VinceCadoret
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I had one of the most fabulous holidays in LeSport this year. The staff is absolutely amazing, friendly and absolutely spoiling guests of the resort. This place just caters for everyone, it has a spa - I had a full body massage daily, gym - I tried yoga which was mind blowing, watersports - did waterskiind, kayaking, snorkling, lots of organised activities. The food is delicious, with lots of choice including fresh tropical fruits and loads of salads. I would highly recommend this resort!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends