BodyHoliday Saint Lucia
Cap Maison(Cap Estate)(Great Value!)
US$536
Travelocity
blu St Lucia(Gros Islet)
US$302
US$114
Villa Cleopatra(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$91
Orbitz.com
Palm Haven Hotel(Gros Islet)
US$157
Bay Gardens Beach Resort(Gros Islet)
US$224
US$201
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
2,616 results
All reviewsle sportbody holidayspa treatmentstao restaurantpiano barcariblue restaurantwellness centrefitness classescommunal tabletai chicariblue windowsgolf lessonsluxury ocean view roomsolo travellerwater sportsincluded treatmentspersonal training
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I went to Le Sport in May this year amd had afew reservations as i am disabled and have weight issues but i should not have been concerned The staff , the location, the food, the spa, the pools the beach all are exceptional and they couldnt do enough for me. they even layed on a car to take me to the spa every morning as i couldnt walk up the hill to the wellness centre.
I will be going back every year from now on.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Anita B
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We have just returned from our perfect 2 week honeymoon at The BodyHoliday. A recommendation from a friend who visited in 2013 and we couldn't be happier that we chose to stay there for our trip. It really is spectacular. Every member of staff is polite, friendly and helpful. The choice of activities and food really is remarkable and the quality excellent. Tao is beautiful. Our 4 poster room had a perfect ocean view and was immaculate. The little extras that they added to for our honeymoon really were appreciated. The daily spa treatments really are indulgent and the view from the spa is stunning. Finishing a spa treatment with afternoon tea on the beach was a pretty prefect way to ease into the evening. Somewhat reluctantly we left the resort for 1 day to climb Le Gros Piton which (subject to fitness levels as it is a hard vertical climb) we would highly recommend. Darnel from BodyHoliday was an excellent driver and friendly, knowledgeable guide given the windy roads and long distance. Most of the people we met at the resort have visited a number of times. I understand why. There is as little or as much as you would ever want to do on holiday. We can't wait to go back. Nowhere else compares. Thank you to everyone at The BodyHoliday. Your hard-work really didn't go unoticed. x

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the ocean view. It really is worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank LROBJERSEY
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I booked an anniversary vacation to The BodyHoliday for May and later discovered that we were expecting a baby! We decided to keep our travel plans and have this trip also serve as our babymoon. We'd read a lot of reviews and done a lot of research about the resort being pregnancy-friendly, so we felt confident that it would be a relaxing and rewarding experience for me at five months pregnant.

So first off, the resort is about a 90-minute drive from the airport. We ended up hiring a private driver and highly recommend that method of transportation. There are shuttle buses, but because the resort is at the tip top of the island, the BodyHoliday is the last stop and who knows how much time you're likely to add onto an already long ride. There are also helicopters that take you to the resort, but you still need to take a car about 30 minutes to the next airport over, so it doesn't seem the most convenient method of transportation.

The resort is absolutely beautiful. The beach is pristine and the pools are wonderful. We booked an ocean-view junior suite and we LOVED it. We spent lots of time on our terrace and had an amazing view each day of the stunning sunset. The cleaning staff is wonderful and SUPER efficient. They always seemed to know when we were leaving the room- we would leave in the mornings for breakfast/spa services/beach time and come back in the afternoons to nap and freshen up to find the room totally serviced and spotless. Then we would go out to dinner and come back to find the bed turned down with tea and cookies on the bed. Every time we passed a hotel employee, they would greet us with a smile. It's a very friendly resort! Each room also comes with a "pillow menu," and I'd been sleeping with a pregnancy pillow, so I ordered three different kinds of pillows and slept very soundly.

When we stayed in mid-May, we were told that the resort was at 80% capacity, and it was not crowded at ALL. We never had a problem getting a beach chair with an umbrella or even lounging in a pool side cabana (which are first come-first serve and totally free). If you want a drink or a snack, you just raise a little red flag and an employee will come by to take your order. Being at an all-inclusive is so relaxing in this way- you NEVER have to think about your wallet!

So the food: The food is WONDERFUL. There are so many organic, healthy options at every meal. And there is also the yummy and satisfying "comfort food" of desserts, fried chicken, BBQ, and even pizza and hot dogs. There's really something for everyone. Most of our breakfasts and lunches were spent at the buffet restaurant, Cariblue. The buffet had a different theme every day: Mediterranean, French, Caribbean, etc. There is also a buffet near the beach that had simpler options (the aforementioned pizzas, wraps, salads, etc). There is also a cafe that is open until 4pm, so if you get hungry in between meals (and what pregnant lady doesn't?), you have lots of yummy salads, sandwiches, snacks, and smoothies to keep you satiated. You may also order breakfast in bed, which I did for two of the days. It includes fresh fruit and an assortment of pastries, as well as tea or coffee (and they do have decaf).

There are two reservation-only restaurants on site, Tao and Cariblue Windows. You may make two reservations before you arrive on the island, so we made one at each restaurant. We ate at Tao first and were BLOWN AWAY. The restaurant itself was gorgeous and the staff were very very very professional and accommodating. They gave us a special table for our anniversary and as soon as they found out that I was pregnant, they sent the chef out to answer any questions that I may have had about the menu, and they offered to make any changes that I needed and/or create something not included on the menu to keep the pregnant lady happy. There were plenty of options ON the menu for me, and I was indeed a very happy pregnant lady. The chocolate cake is NOT to be missed! We loved Tao so much that we made another reservation for our final evening.

Cariblue Windows was very disappointing, especially compared to Tao. The menu seemed a hodge podge of afterthought, and the staff seemed very scrambled and rushed. One employee was actually talking to himself giving himself corrections on the spot ("Oh no, I'm supposed to clear from this side and serve from this side....") I felt bad for him. There were several raw courses on the menu, including sashimi, and their solution for the pregnant lady was to cook the heck out of the sashimi grade salmon and not give me the shrimp (which I could have actually eaten) and it was just... bad. The fellow diners around us looked as unimpressed and grumpy as we did. My husband and I were not really enjoying the food, or the 40 minutes between courses, so we actually ended up leaving.... and going back to Tao, where they squeezed us in! So we ended up eating at Tao three times! We peeked into Windows another night to check out the menu to see if perhaps we were just there on an off-night, but that night's menu looked just as random as ours. So I would say it's safe to skip that place and just make both of your reservations at Tao. :)

The resort also serves afternoon tea from 4-6pm every day, which is delicious. They will even make you a decaf frappucino to go with your finger sandwiches and pastries!

So LOTS of great food to make up for the fact that you can't imbibe in their fruity cocktails, which can all be made into mocktails. Their virgin drink options seemed very sugary or more smoothie-like, so I ended up ordering ginger ale with lime whenever I wanted something other than water. I'd love for them to come up with more thoughtful mocktails in the future!

SO.... the SPA.... which is the main reason that people stay at the BodyHoliday. To have an all-inclusive that includes a daily spa service is a GENIUS idea. The spa itself is absolutely stunning..... but it is a HIKE to get there. It is hot and there are a million steps and I will admit that I found it a CHALLENGE to get there every day. Be sure to give yourself extra time to get up there. You will DEFINITELY need a spa treatment after that climb! The fitness center is also part of the spa. They have a few ellipticals and treadmills and free weights, but honestly I never felt like working out after that climb. I used that gym maybe twice.

You book all of your services before you arrive on the island and you receive an itinerary of your scheduled services when you check-in. Be sure to double check your itinerary! My husband had two errors on his and didn't notice until the morning of his first treatment! You also have to fill out a form listing any injuries/conditions, which of course includes pregnancy. I thought that this form would be collected on the first day and shared with all of my scheduled therapists. Nope. You keep it with you and show your therapist at the start of your treatment. So most of my treatments started with a very surprised looking therapist ill-prepared for a pregnant lady. Because I was past the point in my pregnancy that I could lay flat on my back, most of my treatments started late as therapists scrambled to find towels to put under my head to keep me elevated. It wasn't always the most comfortable or conducive to relaxation. I really hope that the resort changes this policy and makes sure that all therapists are prepared for injuries/conditions in advance. It was always a frustrating way to start a treatment. The only exception to this is the prenatal massage, which of course the therapists expect you to be pregnant for. I had this service scheduled twice- for my first and last days. The first therapist didn't seem to have much experience with prenatal massage and I was made to hold myself up in awkward positions for most of the time. My second therapist was a dream and actually used the proper amount of pillows/towels to keep me propped up/comfortable the whole time.

My husband was getting a men's grooming session in the indoor part of the spa, where they seem to do most of the extra services not included as part of the all-inclusive package. I went in to say hi and the woman doing his foot scrub luckily advised me to upgrade to the mama-to-be facial instead of the regular facial I'd had scheduled as part of the package. She said the products are chemical-free and they use steam, which is great for that crazy hormonal pregnancy skin. The receptionist helped me make the change to my schedule and I am SO GLAD I listened to her! It was by far the best treatment I had during my stay and just seemed to have so much more thought and care put into it when compared to the included services. The technician was very skilled and did an AMAZING job- my skin was so so so happy and grateful. My husband also upgraded one of his services and agreed that the not-included spa treatments were far superior to the ones included in the all-inclusive package.

There was one service that I had to cancel on the spot- the coconut lime scrub. I walked over to the treatment room and it was a bunch of those massage chairs you see at the mall- with your belly up against the back of the chair and your face in the donut hole. And the therapists were pounding on their backs. I walked back to the reception desk and let them know that I couldn't sit in that chair and they switched me to a hand and foot massage instead. So I had another treatment start late as they scrambled to get enough towels to prop under my head, but in the end it was relaxing. I only wish there was more advance communication with the spa when a customer is pregnant. It would have saved a lot of hassle. I was tempted to bring one of the giant comfy pillows from my room up to the spa with me every day, but then I would think of carrying it up those stairs.....

This lapse in communication is the only reason that I give the resort 4 stars instead of 5, and I think it's an easy fix. I would have also liked more pregnancy-friendly activity options (although prenatal yoga is listed in the brochure, there were no offered classes while I was there, which is understandable since I only saw one other pregnant lady the entire time I was there), but with the dozens of daily activities they have scheduled every day, I understand that they already have their hands full with the dawn-dusk offerings as varied as archery, golf, and zumba.

So all in all, it was very very relaxing and a wonderful babymoon. We never felt the need to leave the resort. There is such a wide variety of food and activities every day. A great resort for the health-conscious and the health conscious pregnant people. :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MandM_NY
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I have just come back from a trip to The Body Holiday in St Lucia. I've been home just a few hours and I am climbing the walls to get back. I was rather emotional when i left. I feel like I have been utterly spoilt and made to feel very special by not only the staff but other guests as well. After having a stressful few months I made the trip TBH by myself. There are many solo travellers there and you are not made to feel uncomfortable at all. The place is not only clean and comfortable but also beautiful. Food is very good and there is such a variety to choose from... Something for everyone. The staff are friendly, approachable and very accommodating. Nothing is too much trouble. Plenty of activities to do ... Spoilt for choice and you know you are in safe hands with the water sports. The treatments included in the package are wonderful and the therapists are all professionally trained along with the sports instructors. I paid for extra treatments and can highly recommend Yasmin who gave me a steam facial... She is brilliant and very entertaining. Felix the personal trainer is a real character and is very encouraging if you want personal training sessions. I could go on and on about how wonderful this place is but just believe me when I say you will LOVE it!!!! I'm already looking into booking my next trip for this year!
A note to the management "your staff are a credit to you and your company. Thank you once again for a fantastic holiday"!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
9  Thank Nnl01
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Amazing place, so sad to leave. Rooms are large and clean. Food is amazing, different every day and available at various venues. Location just by the beach also unique. Best of all are the activities and staff. Watersports, tennis, golf, volley ball and plenty others that will keep you busy. Don't worry though, if you want to sit by the beach and have a cocktail, that's also easily doable. You will not regret this place! (Forgot to mention the amazing spa!)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple