BodyHoliday Saint Lucia
Cap Maison(Cap Estate)(Great Value!)
US$536
US$671
Stephanie's Hotel(Gros Islet)
US$72
blu St Lucia(Gros Islet)
US$302
US$114
Villa Cleopatra(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$91
Orbitz.com
Palm Haven Hotel(Gros Islet)
US$157
Bay Gardens Beach Resort(Gros Islet)
US$224
US$201
The Ginger Lily Hotel(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
US$134
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,614 results
All reviewsle sportbody holidayspa treatmentstao restaurantpiano barcariblue restaurantwellness centrefitness classescommunal tabletai chicariblue windowsgolf lessonsluxury ocean view roomsolo travellerwater sportsincluded treatmentspersonal training
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I chose this resort as a direct result of trip advisor solo traveller reviews and I wasn't disappointed. It was my first solo trip and a way to celebrate my 50th birthday. I had high expectations which were not only met but exceeded!! I was nervous about being on my own but soon made friends with the other singles there. Although there are a lot of single people This is NOT a tacky dating holiday. Everyone I met was interesting and there to relax and enjoy all the activities. The only fault was not having enough hours in the day to do everything I wanted to do!! The treatments were great, the activities were varied and there was no pressure to participate if you didn't want to.
I injured my foot during my stay jumping off a windsurfer (you would think id know better at my age). This was totally my own stupid fault but the staff were great providing me with ice packs whenever requested. Thankfully nothing serious and didn't stop me from having a good time.
I ticked a few things off my bucket list in the water sports department, hence the windsurfing! I loved the sailing teaming up with another solo novice.
From the welcome drink as soon as I stepped out of the minibus to the hospitality suite on my departure I couldn't fault the resort, the food, the room or the staff.
If anyone has any doubts about visiting this resort then banish them to the back of your mind. You won't be disappointed I promise.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Jacqueline W
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I am currently staying at The BodyHoliday, LeSport, typing this as I sit in my beautiful room overlooking the Carribean. We have just come back from our Sunset cruise with Dennis driving our speedboat, (who made our trip fun ) to return to a fantastic barbecue with a steel band playing. I can not fault this place, the food, the staff, nothing is too much to ask. The treatments are fantastic, the ambience of the place is so friendly. I would not hesitate to come back here.

Room Tip: We had room 261 which overlooked the ocean
Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gymgill
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This was our first trip to St. Lucia and our first trip to an All-Inclusive venue and we can't stop thinking about our experience!

At every turn, we found the staff to be friendly, approachable and very happy to help make our holiday wonderful! The food service staff were amazing at accommodating a severe food allergy in our party: always offering advise on what was safe and providing suggestions for safe substitutions in the menu. The Water Sports staff provided excellent instruction and made you feel at ease trying new challenges. And the service staff on the beach were top-notch. So friendly! We felt like we got to know many of the staff personally, as they were so friendly and ready to chat.

I cannot express how wonderful the Spa staff are at this resort. Everyone was warm, friendly and seemed well skilled in the services they were providing. Upgraded services are available; however, the inclusive treatments were amazing and the staff never pushed to sell an upgrade. We did splurge on an upgraded treatment, by the way....exceptional service and value for the upgrade!

The fitness classes offered were diverse and persons of every fitness level had options for participation. We particularly enjoyed the water aerobics, body stretch and meditation classes. The teachers were amazing, motivating and seemed genuinely concerned with your well-being.

The quality of the food and table service was wonderful! The food was fresh and healthy and there were, of course, many opportunities for treats!! Our favourite time of the day was the afternoon tea. Spectacular views with sparkling wine and finger sandwiches....our twist on traditional afternoon tea!

Although our room would benefit from a renovation in the near future, it was very clean and well maintained. You will likely not spend much time in your room at this resort, however, as it is too amazing to stay inside for long!

Overall this resort is absolutely amazing! We met so many wonderful people, from the staff to other guests. We were already planning our next trip before our first visit was done!! We cannot wait to return to this resort and have not been able to stop raving about it to our friends, family and basically anyone who will listen!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Leslie P
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We split the time between Rendezvous and The Body Holiday so a direct comparison was easy.
The overall quality of the resort is very high with excellent and clearly well trained staff in all areas. The cuisine is markedly better than Rendezvous probably due to a a highly proactive French head chef who consistently prowls around all of the restaurants ensuring everything is up to scratch--- he is even not averse to clearing tables. Obviously leads by example which is impressive. Took meals in Cariblue Restaurant, The Clubhouse and Tao.The only disappointment was Tao which we did not believe justified the hype and was frankly a little confusing in its message. Not a great fan of "fusion" food and believe it would be better to concentrate on high quality oriental cuisine rather than trying to mix it and not really succeeding.
We had a Luxury Ocean Front room which was smaller than expected and with a very curious bathroom swing door design which you could not actually close---very strange design. The room did not have curtains but slat blinds between the double glazed windows. The problem is that these are totally ineffective in keeping the light out especially when there is a searchlight outside the window to light up the sea. As a result it was very difficult to sleep on the first night and the room was almost light enough to allow reading.I pointed this out to Reception the following day as we could not envisage 5 more nights like that. To their credit they actually built a new curtain rail during the day and used an improvised curtain system from sheets---did not look great but at least it reduced the light. An excellent response from the hotel so thanks for that.
As we are both smokers we were a little nervous about the apparently prissy attitude to smoking indicated by previous reviewers. There are 2 smoking areas-- outside the Piano Bar and outside the Library. The Piano Bar area has only limited time when smoking is allowed and is not permitted during meal times as there are about 4 tables inly in Cariblue which border this outside area--- would not have thought this would affect anyone eating and this restriction seems over the top. Anyway the company was good in the The Library smoking area although I cannot see why smokers cannot use the open verandah area outside the Clubhouse or at least part of it. Still, best not to upset the serious faced gym bunnies who had probably moaned about this and had this rather restricted regime imposed. Still at least we could guarantee a gym bunny free zone outside the Library. The beach is also non-smoking although how they can police this beats me as all beaches in St Lucia are public areas!
A more relaxed attitude in this regard would be beneficial.
The Spa was lovely but lessons in smiling and customer relations maybe appropriate for some of the Therapists who did not all seem to be enjoying their work. By the way there are 78 steps up there--- i did not count but was by Reception on arriving.
The main pool is not the greatest we have seen and the infinity pool was regularly used for aqua aerobics so was not often an option unfortunately.
We went during Jive June so the a a large part of the evening until 21.30 when a disco or live band started,was taken up by watching various degrees of left footedness being taught how to dance--- definitely not entertaining if not participating.
We would return here for the food and service but as we have been to St Lucia three times will probably choose somewhere else in the World for the next long haul.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is the 3rd time we've been to The Body Holiday - having got married there in 2003 and returned for our 5th wedding anniversary. We were aware there had been significant investment since our last visit - and so were looking forward to experiencing this.

Upon arrival at the airport we were greeted by the friendly reps, given a bottle of water and a snack and escorted to our car for a private transfer (having previously done the coach and helicopter on different occasions - we felt the car was the best option - and this was found to be true.)

When we arrived at Le Sport we were greeted with a drink, our welcome pack and taken to our room. We'd booked a Luxury Ocean Front room - and were really pleased with it. A great view from the balcony over the sea, and the room was of a good (and improved!) standard. No TV - but we were aware of that - and prepared!! The updated bathroom was lovely. There was no bath - but the shower was great (although there were so many dials even after our 5 night stay I still couldn't tell you which dial controlled what!!) We received a bottle of champagne and some sweet treats and a fruit plate as returning visitors - which was fab!

The improvements around the communal areas were great - we loved the new infinity pool and tended to camp out there every day. It was a shame that the cushions on some of the beds were already quite badly stained (but we covered them with a towel and forgot about it!!)

We didn't really adjust to Caribbean time as we were only there for 5 nights - and so were up at 6am most days. This also meant we could keep in touch with home and do some work (the joys of owning your own business). There is allegedly wifi throughout the resort - but it can be patchy. We found the best place to Facetime the children was in or by the library (**TOP TIP**)

Our early rising meant we were therefore usually waiting for breakfast to open at 7.30am each day. One day we were told off by a member of staff for going in to breakfast before it opened (it was at this point 7.33am, but we hadn't yet become aware of the code that the blinds needed to have been pulled up to indicate the buffet could be started on!!) It was quite an odd experience to be told off as a guest!! Other staff at breakfast were also a bit grumpy - the cook doing eggs clearly didn't get much satisfaction from her work!! The breakfast spread was great though - and we thoroughly stocked up each day!!

At lunchtime we ate at either the Club House buffet or the Deli and both were great. Afternoon tea (with champagne!) at the Club House was my particular favourite time each day - I think I could pretty much live on them!

The spa treatments were mixed - and very dependent on the therapist. Sometimes it does feel like a production line up there, and as if the therapists are repeating a memorised script when they welcome you and tell you what you're going to have. If you ask a question it throws them completely!! The spa itself is basic, and some of the rooms really smell damp - but generally the inclusive treatments were fine.

The staff in the salon at the spa are great! My husband and I both had treatments there which we really enjoyed (and they gave us champagne as we had them - which is always a winner!!)

The variety of activities on offer is amazing - in fact it's exhausting just reading the list every morning!! I managed FitSteps (brilliant), Hatha yoga (great for catering for all ages), Aquaaerobics (way harder than I expected each time I did it!), kayaking (excellent shoulder workout!) and archery (my husband and I were VERY competitive - but both pretty rubbish!!). My husband had a scuba refresher and did a shore dive which he enjoyed (and saw a huge lobster!)

To continue our competitiveness we played table tennis, pool and scrabble in the library (whilst watching the World Cup on the one TV they have).

For evening meals we really enjoyed our meals in 'Windows' - which is a taster menu. We went twice, and also had the accompanying wine flights (which we found handy when choosing wine on other occasions) - you do have to pay a supplement for these. The staff in 'Window's were excellent and the food really good.

We ate in Cariblue one night and were quite disappointed. My husband ordered one of the meals that was at a supplement and asked for his steak to be cooked 'medium'. When it arrived it was like a piece of overdone shoe leather! He didn't eat much - and the staff were very good and didn't charge us the supplement - but it had kind of ruined the experience.
On the final evening we ate at Tao. 11 years ago we had been completely over awed by how good this was - but it was, at best, average. Service was good - but it was really hot with seemingly no aircon - and the food was just average - no better than you'd get at an Asian restaurant in Birmingham (although a slightly different view, and you don't often get crickets as the background noise in the West Midlands!).

Upon arrival we'd asked for a late check out - we were told there was a charge for this and it might be possible. We checked 2 days before our check out and were told we couldn't know until 6pm the night before if it would be possible. We were then told the night before that it wouldn't be possible - but we could leave our luggage with them and make use of the shared facilities to get ready for the flight home. This is what we did - although the luggage is just shoved in a room that is open to anyone - so not at all secure. Thankfully there was no problem with ours.

However, the major problem we had was that for 2 days of our stay the whole resort was invaded by cruise ship passengers!! About 100 each day according to staff. This is apparently something The Bodyholiday was doing for the first time (and may not repeat) but it was hideous. They took over lots of the beds, made it difficult to get a table at lunchtime, meant there was a queue to do any watersports (they were having to pay - so obviously the water sports team were keen to accommodate them rather than us guests for whom it was included!) and then on the first afternoon proceeded to take over the infinity pool and play water volleyball whilst shrieking and hollering for almost 2 hours! It made for a totally different environment and completely changed the feel of the place. The second day wasn't quite so horrific (probably as we knew what was coming!) and also after I'd complained, the volleyball net was removed after the timetabled 45 minute session, so that they couldn't play all afternoon again - which was a relief! But we felt that 2 out of our 5 days were ruined by this invasion. I can understand why the hotel did this (it was reasonably quiet and so they would benefit from the additional revenue it no doubt brought it) but there were a lot of complaints from residents. My discussions regarding this with management also brought to light that the beach is actually a public beach and so anyone can access it! This had never been something we'd been aware of at all, and made us more wary of leaving ipads / phones etc on loungers whilst going in the sea.

Overall this holiday was good - but not very good or excellent as you might expect from the literature and price. Customer service standards I would say have slipped (or our expectations have increased from holidaying elsewhere in the world?) Before this stay we would have said this was our favourite place to holiday in the world - but I don't think we would rush back now.

Oh well - happy memories of where we got married will always remain..............

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple