BodyHoliday Saint Lucia
Stephanie's Hotel(Gros Islet)
blu St Lucia(Gros Islet)
Villa Cleopatra(Gros Islet)
2,601 results
All reviewsle sportbody holidayspa treatmentstao restaurantpiano barcariblue restaurantwellness centrefitness classescommunal tabletai chicariblue windowsgolf lessonsluxury ocean view roomsolo travellerwater sportsincluded treatmentspersonal training
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I had the most wonderful time at the resort. The staff, especially the beach staff and Germain in particular, always were there to help. I did one of the personal programs and it was well worth it. The grounds are well kept and beautiful and the food at Tao was great. I was a solo traveller and I never felt alone with the aid of the communal table and the new friends I made! I would highly suggest a trip to this beautiful place.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank CaliRach
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I chose this resort as a direct result of trip advisor solo traveller reviews and I wasn't disappointed. It was my first solo trip and a way to celebrate my 50th birthday. I had high expectations which were not only met but exceeded!! I was nervous about being on my own but soon made friends with the other singles there. Although there are a lot of single people This is NOT a tacky dating holiday. Everyone I met was interesting and there to relax and enjoy all the activities. The only fault was not having enough hours in the day to do everything I wanted to do!! The treatments were great, the activities were varied and there was no pressure to participate if you didn't want to.
I injured my foot during my stay jumping off a windsurfer (you would think id know better at my age). This was totally my own stupid fault but the staff were great providing me with ice packs whenever requested. Thankfully nothing serious and didn't stop me from having a good time.
I ticked a few things off my bucket list in the water sports department, hence the windsurfing! I loved the sailing teaming up with another solo novice.
From the welcome drink as soon as I stepped out of the minibus to the hospitality suite on my departure I couldn't fault the resort, the food, the room or the staff.
If anyone has any doubts about visiting this resort then banish them to the back of your mind. You won't be disappointed I promise.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Jacqueline W
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I am currently staying at The BodyHoliday, LeSport, typing this as I sit in my beautiful room overlooking the Carribean. We have just come back from our Sunset cruise with Dennis driving our speedboat, (who made our trip fun ) to return to a fantastic barbecue with a steel band playing. I can not fault this place, the food, the staff, nothing is too much to ask. The treatments are fantastic, the ambience of the place is so friendly. I would not hesitate to come back here.

Room Tip: We had room 261 which overlooked the ocean
Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gymgill
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This was our first trip to St. Lucia and our first trip to an All-Inclusive venue and we can't stop thinking about our experience!

At every turn, we found the staff to be friendly, approachable and very happy to help make our holiday wonderful! The food service staff were amazing at accommodating a severe food allergy in our party: always offering advise on what was safe and providing suggestions for safe substitutions in the menu. The Water Sports staff provided excellent instruction and made you feel at ease trying new challenges. And the service staff on the beach were top-notch. So friendly! We felt like we got to know many of the staff personally, as they were so friendly and ready to chat.

I cannot express how wonderful the Spa staff are at this resort. Everyone was warm, friendly and seemed well skilled in the services they were providing. Upgraded services are available; however, the inclusive treatments were amazing and the staff never pushed to sell an upgrade. We did splurge on an upgraded treatment, by the way....exceptional service and value for the upgrade!

The fitness classes offered were diverse and persons of every fitness level had options for participation. We particularly enjoyed the water aerobics, body stretch and meditation classes. The teachers were amazing, motivating and seemed genuinely concerned with your well-being.

The quality of the food and table service was wonderful! The food was fresh and healthy and there were, of course, many opportunities for treats!! Our favourite time of the day was the afternoon tea. Spectacular views with sparkling wine and finger sandwiches....our twist on traditional afternoon tea!

Although our room would benefit from a renovation in the near future, it was very clean and well maintained. You will likely not spend much time in your room at this resort, however, as it is too amazing to stay inside for long!

Overall this resort is absolutely amazing! We met so many wonderful people, from the staff to other guests. We were already planning our next trip before our first visit was done!! We cannot wait to return to this resort and have not been able to stop raving about it to our friends, family and basically anyone who will listen!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Leslie P
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We split the time between Rendezvous and The Body Holiday so a direct comparison was easy.
The overall quality of the resort is very high with excellent and clearly well trained staff in all areas. The cuisine is markedly better than Rendezvous probably due to a a highly proactive French head chef who consistently prowls around all of the restaurants ensuring everything is up to scratch--- he is even not averse to clearing tables. Obviously leads by example which is impressive. Took meals in Cariblue Restaurant, The Clubhouse and Tao.The only disappointment was Tao which we did not believe justified the hype and was frankly a little confusing in its message. Not a great fan of "fusion" food and believe it would be better to concentrate on high quality oriental cuisine rather than trying to mix it and not really succeeding.
We had a Luxury Ocean Front room which was smaller than expected and with a very curious bathroom swing door design which you could not actually close---very strange design. The room did not have curtains but slat blinds between the double glazed windows. The problem is that these are totally ineffective in keeping the light out especially when there is a searchlight outside the window to light up the sea. As a result it was very difficult to sleep on the first night and the room was almost light enough to allow reading.I pointed this out to Reception the following day as we could not envisage 5 more nights like that. To their credit they actually built a new curtain rail during the day and used an improvised curtain system from sheets---did not look great but at least it reduced the light. An excellent response from the hotel so thanks for that.
As we are both smokers we were a little nervous about the apparently prissy attitude to smoking indicated by previous reviewers. There are 2 smoking areas-- outside the Piano Bar and outside the Library. The Piano Bar area has only limited time when smoking is allowed and is not permitted during meal times as there are about 4 tables inly in Cariblue which border this outside area--- would not have thought this would affect anyone eating and this restriction seems over the top. Anyway the company was good in the The Library smoking area although I cannot see why smokers cannot use the open verandah area outside the Clubhouse or at least part of it. Still, best not to upset the serious faced gym bunnies who had probably moaned about this and had this rather restricted regime imposed. Still at least we could guarantee a gym bunny free zone outside the Library. The beach is also non-smoking although how they can police this beats me as all beaches in St Lucia are public areas!
A more relaxed attitude in this regard would be beneficial.
The Spa was lovely but lessons in smiling and customer relations maybe appropriate for some of the Therapists who did not all seem to be enjoying their work. By the way there are 78 steps up there--- i did not count but was by Reception on arriving.
The main pool is not the greatest we have seen and the infinity pool was regularly used for aqua aerobics so was not often an option unfortunately.
We went during Jive June so the a a large part of the evening until 21.30 when a disco or live band started,was taken up by watching various degrees of left footedness being taught how to dance--- definitely not entertaining if not participating.
We would return here for the food and service but as we have been to St Lucia three times will probably choose somewhere else in the World for the next long haul.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple