“Estuary Trip”
Review of Shearwater Safaris

Shearwater Safaris
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Neyland
More attraction details
Owner description: Here at Shearwater Safaris we provide an up close experience of the marine wildlife in its natural environment. On board our purpose built vessel we aim to take you into the heart of this diverse environment, around the islands of Skomer and Skokholm and beyond toward the Celtic deep for an experience you will never forget.So travel with us. See the coast as is should be seen, from the sea. Enjoy thrills and serenity in equal measure as we explore the cliffs, coves, tidal overfalls and secluded bays of the Pembrokeshire coast, its offshore islands and marvel at the abundant wildlife.
Reviewed 12 June 2013

an excellent trip. We had 3 very young children with us (4, 2 and a half, and 9 months.) We were all kitted out with lifejackets by Ben and then given a safety brief. The first steep turn of Topaz had the two oldest children shrieking with laughter which continued for the whole trip. Bens awareness and attentiveness to the children's reactions made the whole trip so memorable for all of us - no tears just smiles all the way! We covered the Estuary from Lawrenny Quay down to the mouth, with a little history for us adults but not enough to bore the children. Perfect! Can't wait to go again.

1  Thank Tweediemum

Reviewed 4 June 2013

We turned up at the very pleasant Neyland marina for a coffee and bacon sandwich to be met by the friendly owner and skipper of our RIB and kitted out with waterproofs and life jacket by his equally enthusiastic partner. We were made to feel very welcome as we sped out towards the open sea. Once at Skoma Island the spectacle of thousands of seabirds including puffins, guillemots and razorbills was amazing and an experience that will live long in the memory. £30 was excellent value; a new fresh company putting service and personal touch first. Fully recommended, more than fulfilling expectation.

1  Thank benson14
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I recently had the most amazing trip around the islands of Skokholm and Skomer aboard "Topaz", run by Ben and Mair of Shearwater Safaris. I own a much smaller boat, but wanted some experience of the waters around these two islands before venturing there myself. Ben and Mair went to a lot of effort in helping to familiarise me with the area, for which I thank them very much.

I expect most people go on these trips to experience the wildlife, and the awesome scenery of the Pembrokeshire coast. They will not be disappointed; both Ben and Mair are very enthusiastic and knowledgeable, and were keen to involve all those on board, whatever their interest.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

We recently went to Pembrokeshire and took my elderly parents- mum 83 and dad 91. Dad had last visited the island of Skoholm in 1939 to help ring birds with naturalist RM LOckley and we wanted to take him back there. Shearwater Safaris were very willing to take my parents. The crew was helpful, friendly and knowledgeable about the islands and we all thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Although you have to sail out of Neyland instead of St Davids or Dale, the trip up the estuary is really interesting. The whole experience was great value for money as well - so thank you Ben and Mair (and Nick)
Anna & Bren and parents

Reviewed 6 July 2012

Fantastic day out for all the family. I would highly recommend this trip when visiting Pembrokeshire, such a pretty part of the world.

My 4yr old had a brilliant time and looked so cute in his little life jacket! It's a couple of months since our trip but he stills talks about now..!

#valueformoney=happymummy