“One night - great sleep!!”

De Vere Staverton Estate
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Staverton
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Both my husband and I had a great nights sleep at this hotel. We requested a quiet room and we were given one, right at the end of a corridor. There was no noise in the night. The beds were very comfy, and there was plenty of hot water. Breakfast was great, the staff were really friendly and efficient - would definitely stay at this hotel again!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jo R
Kieran W, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

This is a lovely review for Staverton Park. I will pass your kind comments on to the team who do work very hard to please our customers. We do pride ourself on our breakfast offering and are continually looking aw ways to make this even better.

I sincerely hope I can welcome you back some time in the not to distant future

Best Wishes

There are newer reviews for De Vere Staverton Estate

Reviewed 27 May 2012

Where to start...again

Well stopped in this hotel again 22/23 of May 2012 and if you read my last trip you will see nothing has really changed. Although the room was a bit better this time the general decor is tired, dated and worse than an old travel lodge, but to be honest have come to expect this by now.

First night I decided to have my meal in my room ( as was already paid for by my company in advance). Ordered the food and was told it would take 20/30 mins. when the food did arrive over an hour an a half later, the unpleasant waiter who was obviously annoyed i had either stopped him from having his cigarette, or reading his newspaper, was damn right rude.

He insisted that i pay "cash" for my drink, i explained that it was already paid for but he was adamant that i pay cash for the drink. I then out of annoyance told him to add it to my hotel bill and after a bit of arguing he stopped asking for cash

I asked him why the meal was an hour and a half later and he barked at me " i have been busy!!!" i ordered him to leave and then rang reception to speak the the manager. The lady on reception got the manager Ian Chaplin to ring me back and all he did was apologised, i explained that my company often uses the hotel and spends thousands of pounds with them.

To my utter astonishment, he said that if i was to come to reception the next day he would apologise in person. Got to be honest i was pretty much lost for words that he would allow his staff to be rude, he expected me to find him the next day to apologise, and not even to have the common decency to come to my room himself to apologise.

All in all i have to say this is the worst hotel i have EVER stayed in, the staff and management dont care about their customers or customer service and would suggest anyone thinking of using this hotel to book elsewhere.

The only saving grace is the fact I will never have to stop there again, putting comments on here but i know they dont care and nothing will be done no compensation will be given to the fact that they spoilt my stay - this really is a dire hotel - dont stop here, eat here, just drive straight past it and go and stop at a b&b

Room Tip: travel lodge b&b get a tent dont stop there
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Quartermain R

Thank you for taking time to record your feedback. It is obvious that we failed to deliver a great stay and for this I do apologise. I have spoken to my Operations Manager re your comments and would love to have the oportunity to talk the through your experience

I can be contacted on 08449802317 and would realy appreciate a call

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Went on a works conference. First impressions is that the hotel is quite dated outside and also the smoking area is right at the front of the hotel at the drop off point which looks terrible!
Rooms were of a good standard, reception staff helpful, very clean. Bathroom a bit shabby but as its a short stay hotel its fine.
Food was very good. Nice bar area, drinks are pricey. Great free coffee/tea stops in the reception area.
Breakfast is disappointing. Not much choice but all fresh.
Be warned there are many large parties in the hotel so for a romantic treat I would go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Book a high room facing the back of the hotel its much quieter
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear Nicola

Thank you for taking the time and treouble to leave some feedback following your recent visit to my property on buisness. I am so pleased that you found a lot of positives. smoking outside reception is somethin we have addressed on many occasions and I do hope to provide a suitable shelter in the near future to try and temp guests to move from the front of the property.

Breakfast nornally gets good reviews and thank you for mentioning that the offering is very fresh. We do try and cater for all rewuesrts and are just in the process of putting in place some additional items to the menu - so watch this space.

Thanks for your feedback and I do hope we can welcome you back in the not to distant future

Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed at staverton park last week with my family and enjoyed every single thing about the hotel, great service and a warm welcome by a gent on reception (selso) will be staying again over summer!

Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank AlexW_slb

I am pleased you enjoyed your visit with us and look forward to your return summer visit. Thank you for leaving such positve feedback and I will mention to Selso your kind comments

Reviewed 15 May 2012

We have just returned from a special offer Times 2 night break at this hotel.The location is quite handy for visits to places of interest (we went to Warwick and the Grand Union canal) and overlooks the beautiful golf course.It is a modern hotel with functional bedrooms,a good dining room and bar.We found that all of the staff were really friendly and helpful.A nice touch is the complementary drinks machine in the foyer dispensing really good lattes!The hotel boasts an indoor pool and gym,sauna etc. unfortunately housed in a separate building some way from the hotel but an excellent facility.We dined at the hotel on the first evening,adequate but not exceptional but once again very cheerful staff.Breakfast was much better with the usual range of food on offer.
One complaint was the noise in the restaurant,but I suppose that is to be expected when you get a few dozen excited golfers eating with you.
All in all a very good hotel,especially given the cost of our stay.
One last thing;theres a super pub,The Countryman,a mile down the road.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kerry r
Kieran W, Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Many thanks for your kind comments and I am pleased you had a pleasant stay with us

Reviewed 15 May 2012

We booked the Staverton Park De Vere thinking we would get the usual De Vere service and standard of accomodation ....we were wrong. The hotel was booked to maximum capacity with two lage conferences/a wedding/a church bible study group/stag party and numerous golfing groups all in situ. The result was a works self service canteen enviroment in the restaurant, with people queing 10 deep for food and the staff fighting a loosing battle to clear tables /restock supplies and generally be attentive to the clients. In the bar there were no seats except amoungst the stag do group and little space anywhere else to sit and have a quite chat with friends we had arranged to meet up with. A complaint to the head waiter and head waitress resulted in 2 free bottles of wine and an offer to set us aside the next night in a small room away from the restaurant where he was prepared to serve us individually himself. That was an offer that was greatly appreciated by my group but we declined his offer and agreed to delay our meal until a little later in the evening the next night to let things quieten down. That was our next mistake having booked and reserved a table for 7.30pm we arrived to find it busier than ever and no cleared table for us to occupy.The manager and staff are to be commended for doing their best in very difficult circumstances but should the hotel not be honour bound to advise would be guests that meals are all self buffet service and at least give clients this forwarned knowledge so they can decide if they want a quite weekend atmosphere with hotel waitress service rather than a cattle shed feeding trough set up!!This weekend that spoilt our view of De Vere hotels for the future.

The plus side of the hotel was the golf course which appears to be run and maintained very well.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Kieran W, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Thank you for your valuable feedback which is in relation to one of the busiest weekends we had ever experienced. Should you like to contact me directly to discuss I can be contacted on kwhyte@deverevenues.co.uk

Reviewed 15 May 2012

Stayed for weekend playing golf with a golf society, on arrival good checking in room ok, but in need some tender loving care, that includes the whole hotel it self really, as it is starting to look a little tired. First days golf we were told no trollies or buggies because of the wet conditions, unsure why as when we walked off our shoes were not even covered in mud and the course was not even boggy, we even got told no trollies with normal wheels the second day even though we saw club members take out their own trollies. On teh last day we were allowed to take trollies given the course was nearly bone dry, however best experience was when back in the house we ordered two plates of chips at the start of the Manchester Utd game , city had just won the prem and still no chips, so in reality service was very poor and we were not the only ones to complain. Staverton need to pull their socks up and provide abetter service. That is without the delayed meals Friday night which was Fiasco aswell.

Room Tip: Better places to spend your money.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Thanks for your frank and honest feedback which is very important to me. Weather conditions did mean in order to protect our course the need to spot buggies. I do believe that other golfers may have used their trollies with the adapted wheel coverings but I am not so sure about this. I have forwarded your thought to our Head of Golf and he would love to have the opportunity to talk through your recent visit. Andrew can be contacted on agibbons@deverevenues.co.uk

Regards

Kieran Whyte

Also consider these accommodations in or near Staverton
Mercure Daventry Court Hotel
Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Cross Roads Hotel Northampton
The Windmill at Badby
Highgate House Hotel
Highgate House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Creaton

Been to De Vere Staverton Estate? Share your experiences!