“Quote ' this is not a Hotel, it is a facility'”

De Vere Staverton Estate
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Staverton
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had a large party of 20 staying at the hotel from Wed/Thurs and Friday 4th 5th and 6th June. When we arrived there was absolutely no where to park our car, spaces were reserved for various conference attendees, and we were there for a wedding in a nearby village. We had asked for a ground floor room because of mobility issues, we got a lower ground with 2 flights of stairs and no lift or support for the items we had to carry. We got to our Upgraded room which was dingy, and with very tired furnishings. There was one hanger in the wardrobe, no tissues, no fridge or mini bar and this was in one of the best upgrade rooms. We went down to dinner which had been booked some 10 days earlier to find there was no booking but we did get a table and then had a school dinner type buffet meal that they then had the cheek to charge nearly £20 per head for! We went down for breakfast, no fresh fruit and had to ask, no bacon and had to ask, week coffee and tea which was not drinkable and when one of our party had complained about their third room move because they were not happy with either the cleanliness and in one instance, in a ground floor room, their patio door would not close or lock, and the member of staff said that this is not a hotel it is a facility. Well they probably got that right and I suspect that HMPS facilities would have seemed a better title for the Hotel! We will definitely never ever go there again and having paid some £281 for 2 nights and 2 meals you can probably understand why!

Room Tip: Don't.........unless you absolutely have to!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Kevin B, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you very much for your constructive review following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience with us and would be most grateful if you would contact me directly so that I may investigate the issues further and look towards a resolution to the matter in question. Please email me directly at kbreeze@deverevenues.co.uk. I look forward to hearing from you.

There are newer reviews for De Vere Staverton Estate

998 - 1,004 of 1,795 reviews

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Lovely room, great staff and excellent value if you can get one of the special offers they do. Bar very friendly and rooms large and spacious. Have stayed here about five times now and every time we couldnt have asked for more

Room Tip: This is a large hotel so any problems with walking then call reception and ask for a room close to r...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Kevin B, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you so much for your upbeat feedback following you recent stay with us at Staverton Park and thank you also for you loyal custom. I am so pleased to hear that our venue keeps enticing you back and with every stay you are content with the good value and product we offer. I am glad that you found your room to be of high standard and our team to offer equally high customer service. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel on the 3rd of June while away with work, hotel and facilities brilliant. Bar meal was lovely. Room spacious and clean, all in all nice place. Only grumbles are there's is non or poor mobile reception in the hotel, has wifi but very poor and grainy, drops in and out all the time and breakfast was poor. The hash browns could of put the windows out

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you very much for your complimentary review following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am so pleased that our venue provided such a good base for your work trip and you found your room to be spacious and clean too. I am sorry to hear that you did not have very good mobile signal during you stay; this can be an issue for some networks and unfortunately is a problem in the area. I am further sorry to hear that you found the WiFi signal to vary in strength and also that you did not enjoy our Breakfast buffet. I will ensure your valid points are passed to the relevant members of our team to attend to and improve upon. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Excellent value for money. Free gym and pool which were excellent with sauna and steam room. At 39 pounds a night this has to be one of our favourites for the future. Staff lovely despite reviews on this site, female staff were excellent as well. Clean, comfy fab stay.
Only down side drinks in bar expensive , a pound cheaper per drink and we would have had another then they would make more money, others felt the same.

Room Tip: Ask to over look golf course
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive feedback following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am so pleased you found your stay to be good value for money and that you thoroughly enjoyed the complimentary use of our leisure and gym facilities. I am glad that our team made you feel welcome and were assistive when required. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed a comfortable night’s stay and apologise that you found our bar prices to be too expensive, thank you very much for the suggestion of lowering our prices. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I've stayed here on more than one occasion, and I whilst I rarely post highly critical reviews I have to speak up.

The Hotel appears to have self appointed itself as a 4 star hotel for some reasons which in some ways isn't unfair.

Whilst better than average for this kind of establishment, the pool and leisure facilities are at least a 100 metres from reception... an outside walk.. and when its raining hard, it feels a very long way.

The hotel has always been pretty busy, whether I've stayed mid-week or weekends. The decor in bar area is great and the atmosphere regularly busy, though at times it's difficult to get a seat and people spill over into seating provided in reception.

The bar staff are well trained and hospitable and last orders is regularly extended should the demand be there from a number of guests.

Free tea and coffee is available in reception from machines - and the drinks provided are of a good quality.

The rooms. Firstly, each of the rooms I have stayed in has exactly the same problem. The bathroom - as in many hotels - has no window, however, the extractor fan sounds like someone has an old and dodgy vacuum cleaner switched on in the bedroom.

The beds are very comfortable and the decor in the room is good, above average, however the bathroom decor doesn't quite live up the the quality of that in the room.

But here is my beef. I've stayed in hundreds of hotels in the past few years and I have NEVER seen or heard anything like the morning protocols at the Staverton.

What seems like hoards of cleaners descend early onto the corridor (probably 4,5 or 6 of them) and the effect when you are asleep in your room is that the end of the world has arrived.

These people are talking loudly to each other and at times shout from one room to one another. Like locusts they swarm down the corridor banging on doors to see if the guests have left.

If the room is empty, they enter 2 by 2, ram a towel under the door to keep it open, strip the bed of its linen, cast the duvet asunder on the floor and off they march to the next room.

The dirty linen is deposited in the linen room at the end of the corridor and the double doors are left wide open during the whole 2-3 hours the cleaners are busy - which is most unsightly.

Walking up the corridor to reception I was greeted by room after room (maybe 25-30 rooms) all with the doors wedged open, duvets on the floor and a general sense of carnage. Not what you expect in a decent establishment.

But it was the shrieking, laughing and generally huge amount of noise the cleaners made which was the massive problem.

If this was a hostel - fair enough - but the Staverton is not a hostel.

What happened to a hotel having one cleaner entering an empty room, and behind the closed door quietly changing the linen and cleaning the place - then moving onto the next room?

The racket these people make is hard to believe - so that's why the Hotel gets a 2 from me - and I was tempted to give it a 1.

The De Vere Group do not operate this cleaning process as a policy across their other hotels, so some local manager has had a bright idea which appears efficient maybe from a time perspective - but in fact sounds horrendous and looks most unsightly.....

Room Tip: Buy ear plugs, or pay for an upgraded room where surely housekeeping behave better on those corridor...
1  Thank A_Huntley_Jacobs
Kevin B, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you very much for your detailed, constructive and positive feedback following your recent return to Staverton Park. I am so pleased to hear that you found the time to enjoy our leisure facilities and do apologise that these being situated outside, was an inconvenience for you. Unfortunately as a primarily conferencing venue this was built after our hotel and is indeed a short walk from the main building. I am glad that you enjoy the atmosphere and décor in our bar and find our team welcoming, accommodating and well trained when you come to drink with us. I am further pleased to hear that our complimentary tea, coffee and snack stations are well received. I am glad you enjoy a comfortable night’s sleep with us and find the décor of the bedrooms above average too. I am sorry to hear that you have found on both occasions, your extractor fans to be too loud; should you require assistance for any reason during your next stay please do call reception and our team will try to help in any way possible. I am truly sorry to hear that our Housekeeping team have caused you disturbance on both occasions you have stayed with us and it felt like “the end of the world”. I will reiterate your valid comments to our Housekeeping Manager to ensure the team make necessary changes to ensure no further disturbance is caused in the future as this is indeed not the usual De Vere standard of housekeeping. I can explain that the doors to the corridors are left open (as well as the windows) to ensure fresh air flows through each room whilst our team clean to prevent any cleaning product smells being remaining in the rooms and to air them also. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and showing you how your helpful feedback has enabled us to make changes.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Having read a couple of previous reviews, I was apprehensive about this Hotel? I neednt have worried.....Everything was fine. I think some people look for negative things to write about, as some of the previous complaints were unfounded in my opinion! The highlight for me, was the quality of the food. It was delicious! The breakfast was awesome! The buffet evening meal was of equal standard! The room was clean. The shower was powerful and worked perfectly! I paid £99 for 2 nights on a KGB deal and I think this was a bargain! The hotel was extremely busy, so I'd recommend getting to breakfast before 9am if you want to be seated straight away! It's set in a lovely location and I wouldnt hesitate to return at some point in the future!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your upbeat feedback following your stay with us at Staverton Park. I am so pleased that you found our food such high quality both at Breakfast and for your evening meal. I will pass on your kind comments to our Kitchen team. I am glad you found your bedroom to be clean and the shower to be powerful. I am thrilled to hear you found our venue to be such good value for money and that you enjoyed our location also. I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nights to get away frm london. Lovely hotel set in countryside with nice drives. Buffet dinner, food ok but 1 more choice needed.staff need to be more attentive to drinks orders and making sure kids aren't waiting too long for their meal. Got a lovely decorated dessert board for our anniversary. Buffet Breakfast grea and bar fd looked really good. Free coffee/tea machine in lobby with fruit, biscuits and milk for kids. Rms ok. No drawers or good lighting for makeup and shaving. Shower kept going really hot-not safe when kids in the shower. Lovely leisure facilities. Pool really really warm but no lifeguard on duty.watch out for specific times that children cam use pool.gym well kitted out.would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you very much for your positive review following your recent stay with us in Staverton Park. I am so glad to hear that we provided a pleasant break away from London and you appreciated our beautiful surroundings. I am pleased that you enjoyed your evening meal with us and thank you for your valid comments in relation to the attentiveness of staff, this has been noted and the team are taking steps to improve on this point. I am glad our team went the extra mile to help you celebrate such a special anniversary and that you thoroughly enjoyed our plentiful Breakfast buffet. I am pleased that our complimentary tea, coffee and snack machine was well received and that you found your bedroom to be of good standard. Thank you for your helpful comments in relation to brighter lighting in the bathroom to aid shaving/application of make up. I am sorry to hear that your shower temperature fluctuated and would encourage you to call reception during your next stay with us should you require any assistance and our team will be happy to help. I am glad that you enjoyed the use of our leisure facilities and that you are already planning you next stay.

Kevin Breeze

Also consider these accommodations in or near Staverton
Mercure Daventry Court Hotel
Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Cross Roads Hotel Northampton
The Windmill at Badby
Highgate House Hotel
Highgate House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Creaton

Been to De Vere Staverton Estate? Share your experiences!