De Vere Staverton Estate
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$117
TripAdvisor
US$72
  • Restaurant
1,915 results
All reviewsgolf coursestaverton parkbiscuitsswimming poolleisure facilitiesbuffet stylesteam roomtea coffeecourse mealgolf breakplenty of choicewowcher dealhot drinksdriving rangeshort breakthe main hoteltwo night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

The title says it all about this place really. The staff are all friendly and helpful. The food is really good, especially the breakfasts. The room i had was clean and very quiet. The bathroom was kind of small and dungeon like but thats a minor gripe.
Be aware though that if your phone provider is anything other than O2 then you will have poor phone signal in your room. The wifi can be a bit in and out too though my macbook seemed to cope just fine.

The golf course looked very nice though i didn't play it. I did have a go on the driving range where for £4 i rented a single 6 iron and 2 tokens for balls and killed about an hour when i had nothing to do.
The swimming pool looked ok but small and apparently so was the gym though i didn't use it. I was told you can be waiting for machines of a lot of people decided to use it.
The bar was nice and comfortable but got packed in the evenings though i put that down to the world cup being on. Be warned that the booze in there can be a tad pricey too.

So yeah it was a good place to stay for the 4 days that my company payed for me to. I would recommend it.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank trench-mauser
Kevin B, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you very much for your complimentary feedback following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am thrilled to hear that you’re your first experience with us was a restful, enjoyable and memorable one. I am glad you found our team to be friendly and helpful and thoroughly enjoyed your meals whilst staying with us also. I am glad you found your room to be clean and quiet but disappointed to hear that you were not as pleased with the bathroom. I am glad to inform you however that all our rooms are in the process of being upgraded so this will soon be resolved. I am glad that you utilised our free WiFi and am glad that you enjoyed the view over our golf course, perhaps on your next visit you will get the opportunity to play also. I am glad however that you enjoyed the use of our driving range and found it to be entertaining and good value. I am sorry to hear that you did not take the opportunity to use our leisure facilities but pleased you found our Bar to be comfortable and have a good atmosphere. I am sorry to hear you felt our bar prices to be too high; we always keep in line with our neighbouring competitors and I am sorry you found this expensive. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have brought this deal twice, simply for a family get away, Instead of using our local council pool, we come and take the kids swimming a couple of times and have a lovely 3 course meal. We book when the hotel is quiet, service is fantastic and I love having tea and coffee at hand, out of the free machines in reception ( not to mention biscuits and apples). My little girl enjoys the stay and so do we :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Kevin B, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you so much for your complementary review following you recent stay with us at Staverton Park and further thank you for your loyal custom; I am so pleased that we have given you another enjoyable experience to remember. I am so pleased that we offer a peaceful get away for you and your family and you thoroughly enjoy the use of our leisure facilities. I am glad that our free tea, coffee and snack stations are well received by you and that you find our team to give fantastic service too. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel is located in the countryside close to Daventry... This hotel is quite big as there are almost 245 rooms...Hotel can get busy as a lot of conferences happening. We went there for a weekend break as the room rate was good. We stayed 2 nights bed and breakfast with one night dinner included.

The room was on the lower ground floor, modern and spacious. It was a corner room so I have a feeling it was more spacious than others.
The sound proofing is not good as we could hear from both adjoining rooms. And also the light switching is not good. You cant get a dim light. Every light/lamp is connected with another light/lamp. So one switch will operate 2 lights. Same goes with the table lamp.
The mattress was not that comfortable. We complained but did not want to move to another room as it was a matter of one more night and with everything unpacked and toddlers.
In our room we had a large box TV while we saw flat screens in other rooms.

WiFi and Mobile network was zero or one bar in the room which was a bummer.

At the Reception, there is a tea and coffee machine where you can help yourselves. There are also Walkers biscuits. On our first day, my wife didn't see any biscuits so she asked the receptionist and we found the reply a little inappropriate. " This is not a family hotel, its a conference hotel". The receptionist could just have replied that they are finished...

We didn't know that we had to book a dinner table. We were not informed by anyone. So we arrived for dinner and were told to wait 45 mins. With two 15 month toddlers it can get difficult. The lady was helpful as she suggested that we could also order in the bar rather than have buffet in the restaurant. We went to the bar and ordered. We found the food variety better than the buffet.
Our children got very cranky just after ordering our food. The bar waiter who took our order suggested we could have our food in our room which we found a good idea.
The food was good with large portions which we could not finish it all. The only downside was that when the food was brought, it was not covered using Food plate cover. They just brought it open. Very unprofessional.

During breakfast, we found cutlery to be dirty.

There is golf and the rates seemed reasonable. Although we did not play. We used the heated pool, steam, sauna and the whirl pool which was great.

Check outs on Monday is 11am while other days is 9:30.. If you require late check out, there is a charge of £5 per hour.

There is a Car Wash facility on site operated by independent person. I gave my car the Diamond wash which is a super mini valet costing £40. When I went to enquire what exactly comes in the package, the person offered me a £10 discount if I brought it the same day so a £40 costing £30 which was a good offer as I normally pay £35 from my usual car wash.
When I returned, the car looked clean and shiny. He did a good job but left some places so I had to tell him to do the work and spend 30 mins extra. He washed the carpets and didn't let it dry outside when it was sunny but instead he placed the wet mats inside the car which I didn't like as it started to smell later. Upon paying, he started complaining that big car and he got tired, etc asking me to pay £35. Since overall it was satisfactory, I paid £33 in the end.

Hotel stay overall was good, staff were helpful except for one. We enjoyed and would come back for a quiet break again.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the top floors facing the golf course - 2nd Floor - to get better views and better mobile signal. Ask for quieter rooms when booking.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Kevin B, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you so much for your constructive and positive feedback following your two night stay with us at Staverton Park. I am pleased to hear that you found your family break enjoyable and such good value. I am glad that you found your room to be modern and spacious and sorry to hear that you found there to be poor sound proofing in your room, I will work with our Maintenance team to try and review and improve this point. I am further sorry to hear that you had difficulty with our lighting set up in the room, this is not something we have received bad feedback from previously but will certainly take your views into consideration for the future. Thank you for informing me of the uncomfortable mattress in your room, I am sorry to hear that this was not replaced during your visit, I would assume to avoid disruption of your stay; however I will ensure this is a priority to replace this as soon as possible. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the television in your room, we are in the process of updating all our televisions in line with our issue with Freeview and once this issue has been resolved all televisions in all rooms will be replaced. I am sorry to hear that you had problems obtaining signal for your mobile phone and also connecting to our WiFi. Should you have any issue connecting to our complimentary WiFi on your next stay please contact Reception should you need assistance with anything and our team will be happy to help. I am glad our complimentary tea, coffee and snack station was well received by you and sorry to hear of the response you were met by when you informed our team that the biscuits were finished; I will be investigating this matter personally as whilst we are indeed primarily a conference venue, all families and guests are welcome. Unfortunately our Restaurant does require reservations and those that make them would be first in line for a table so I apologise that you were not informed of this and this meant you would have had to wait 45 minutes for a table. I am glad however that our team were helpful and suggested our Bar for a meal, and later your room, when they realised that you had two very hungry toddlers with you! I am pleased that you found our Bar menu to have a good variety and that you enjoyed our plentiful portions also. I am sorry to hear that your food was not covered when brought to the room and will inform our Operations Manager of the shortfalls in service to be improved. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the use of our leisure facilities and considered our rates for golf to be reasonable; perhaps on your next stay you will be able to enjoy a game. I am glad to hear that our car wash was of use to you during your stay and cannot make comment on the prices or quality as you are quite correct, this is a separate company; I am glad however that you were pleased of its presence. I am pleased that you found your stay relaxing and look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Staverton Park is a new modern hotel that looks good and is good. Just a couple of miles off the M6 and about 6 miles south of Crewe town centre it is set in beautiful grounds, basically it is a golf course with a hotel attached.

It was very quiet in guests and location when I stayed. You can easily walk around the marked footpath in the grounds then having built up a thirst, slate it or eat in the restaurant overlooking when you had been. On a fine day a drink on the deck outside the golf course, open to guests, is glorious.

The breakfast was possibly one of the best I have had and a £2 pre-book discount at £8.50 made it all the more enjoyable.

There is to be fair not much else to do, no swimming pool or leisure club at the hotel or locally apart from golf but I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Noggin54
Kevin B, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you very much for your positive feedback following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am thrilled to hear that you appreciated and made the most of our beautiful grounds; enjoying walks around and relaxing with a drink on the deck also. I am pleased that you had a peaceful stay and thoroughly enjoyed our plentiful breakfast buffet also. I am sorry to hear that you were not made aware of our leisure facilities from our Reception team on checking in and will be sure to remind the team to inform all guests of our available facilities. Perhaps with your next stay you will get the chance to enjoy the use of these! I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed at the Staventon Golf course as part of Golf Breaks. Amazing price and great course. The hotel is modern, and well kept golf course. Rooms are lovely modern and spacious and clean. Staff were friendly and helpful Food is great, and lots to choose for breakfast. Daventry is just up the road for a few clubs/bars which was fun in the eve. Ten min cab ride. Hotel has several bars to drink in. The only moan was when playing golf a very rude groundsman was cutting the bunker whilst I was trying to take my shot which never happens. He could see I was trying to do this but carried on instead of kindly waiting. He then had a moan at me about taking my trolley across the tee, he was just rude and ignorant but never mind. Apart from that I love playing the course it is always great.
Compared with the De Vere at Reading this really is superb the hotel management at Reading should spend sometime at Daventry and learn a trick or two!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Kevin B, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you very much for your complimentary review following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your golf break with us finding our venue good value and our course challenging and well maintained. I am glad you found your bedroom décor to be of high standard, spacious and clean and that you enjoyed a fun evening in our surrounding towns, but also that you found our bars a good starting point. I am pleased to hear our team were friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed our plentiful breakfast buffet. Thank you for your constructive comments in relation to an unhelpful member of our team which I will investigate. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.