De Vere Staverton Estate
US$81
Priceline
  • Restaurant
1,911 results
All reviewsgolf coursestaverton parkbiscuitsswimming poolleisure facilitiesbuffet stylesteam roomtea coffeecourse mealgolf breakplenty of choicewowcher dealhot drinksdriving rangeshort breakthe main hoteltwo night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Overall a good place to stay for the weekend. Spacious car park, good leisure activity place, a large parks for the kids and if you are into golf a great 18 hole. For food, the lunch and breakfast was awesome but never had time for dinner. The room was clean with perfectly laid bed. The moment i got into my room i was able to connect to the free wifi and could carry on with my work straight away. Least i forget, if you are into beverages, there are free tea, coffee etc from the machine at the reception and complimentary beverage pack in your wardrobe. The duty Manager was great apart from one lady staff at the reception who had an attitude. I hope to visit again soon. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Kevin B, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you very much for your positive review following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am so pleased that you enjoyed so many aspects of our venue including our spacious car park, leisure facilities, beautiful grounds which are perfect for families and our golf course too. I am glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our plentiful Breakfast buffet and lunch with us too. I am pleased that you found your room to be of high standard and that our complimentary WiFi was beneficial to your visit too. I am glad that you found our complimentary tea, coffee and snack stations useful and the additional boost of caffeine in your room too! I am thrilled that our Duty Manager made such a good impression on you and less so with the unfriendliness you were met with at Reception; I will investigate this matter. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed in this hotel last weekend. Was given a room that was some distance from reception with stairs to decend.
The room was clean but bathroom was in need of some attention. The shower over the bath leaked. The wooden bath panel was split and was grubby.
along the top edge. Television was something from the ninety's with about 4 channels, my granny has a better tv.
We had dinner in the restaurant on the first evening. Starters served to the table but had to go buffet for main course. Food was far from nice -- tasteless and overpriced. Should have known better when we saw hot-dogs top of the menu. Never ate in hotel after that meal not even breakfast.
Poker faced receptionist when we arrived, did what he had to do but no smiles or conversation.
Different receptionist when booking out but with same attitude -- maybe they are not allowed to smile!
Very limited parking in hotel car park, reserved signs on spaces near reception and the remaining spaces to be shared with the golfers
. Hotel over rated and over priced.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mull2014
Kevin B, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you very much for your constructive review following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am sorry to hear you felt the walk to your room was too far, should you wish for a room closer to Reception on your next stay, by all means do ask our team when booking and they will do their best to accommodate your needs. Thank you for your comments in relation to shortfalls in Housekeeping in the bathroom, I will reiterate your valid points to our Housekeeping Manager so that she may investigate this. I am disappointed to hear that you did not find our Reception team to be welcoming and friendly, this is most unlike our team as we always strive to excel in customer service so I will relay your feedback to the team so that they may work to improve upon this. I am sorry to learn that you did not enjoy your evening meal in our Restaurant, finding the menu to be tasteless and overpriced. I will look into this with our Head Chef and ascertain what went wrong on this night in question. I am shocked to hear that you believe us to have limited parking; with over 100 spaces this is not a comment we have ever come across but I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by the walk from the car park to the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and work towards improving our standards and customer service.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Overall this was a pleasant stay although when my husband called in advance to see if we could get ready for a wedding before we checked in the hotel staff told us we could use the leisure facilities to get ready. This would have been ok if the leisure facilities were more than a wet changing room off from the swimming pool so trying to find a plug for straightners was a no go. Thankfully I managed to find a dry changing room on the other side of the corridor but the facilities in here were not much better however it worked out ok in the end just a bit unexpected. The scenery around the hotel is lovely with golf courses all around and quaint colourful pools which is great when the sun is shining too! The only downside is the hotel decor the reception area looks a little tired the bedrooms are ok but the en-suites are very tired. The shower is not good and the bath is very slippy when you go to step into the shower. The day we stayed it was boiling hot so it didn't help that our window opened about 10cm and there was no air con.. It was so hot in the room - unbearable really but I'm sure there won't be too many more days like this this year. The staff were great and very helpful but as first mentioned it would have been nice to know about the changing facilities issue. Breakfast was delicious with loads to choose from - being a vegetarian there was more than enough for us. Overall a nice stay just needs some tlc in the en-suites and public areas a little. Thanks to all the staff.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Louise S

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your positive and constructive feedback about your recent visit to Staverton Park. I am sorry that we did not have any rooms available for your early check in so that you could get ready for the wedding you were attending. Unfortunately because of the fast turn around from check out time to checking in time this is something we would advise that you request when booking your room to avoid disappointment. I am so pleased that you were able to get ready in our leisure facilities and all was not lost. I am thrilled that you appreciated our beautiful surroundings and thank you for your helpful comments in relation to the décor in the Reception area. We are currently in the process of refurbishing all bedrooms but I will consider the Reception as the next project! I am sorry that our safety locks on the windows was an inconvenience for you and prevented a free flow of air, unfortunately these are necessary for both guests safety and safety of valuables. I would however encourage you to contact Reception at any point throughout your stay should you require anything, such as a fan, and our team will be happy to help. I am so pleased you found the team to be helpful and our plentiful Breakfast buffet to be delicious. I look forward to welcoming you back for the next special occasion!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

At the weekend (26th July) I attended a wedding and chose to stay with you guys as it was fairly close to the venue and a reasonable price. Another guest was unable to attend the wedding so had their hotel booking outstanding. I offered to give them the money and stay in their room. When we called to change the booking details we were told that it's not possible.

So as not to waste the room, I decided to risk checking in under a different name. Surprisingly, this was extremely easy to do and no proof of ID was requested. The only information needed was the name on the reservation. Once I'd provided this I was asked to fill in my address and sign a piece of paper. This contained various personal details of the person who had actually booked the hotel. This was the first alarm to the lack of security at this hotel as I'd been given the keys for someone else's booking without so much as an attempt at checking who I was.

Following this, yesterday morning, before checking out, I left my girlfriend in the room while I went outside to make a phone call. There was no phone signal in the room for some reason so I had to go outside. I forgot to take the room card with me. When I returned, with two coffees from a machine that didn't seem to correlate to the options pressed (my latte had no milk in it), I was unable to get back in the room as my girlfriend was in the shower unable to hear me knocking. Some of the housekeeping staff were nearby while I loitered outside the room. They were very friendly and asked me if I'd lost my room card. I explained that I was waiting for her to get out of the shower so I could be let in. They kindly let me into the room with their master key.

I thought nothing of this at first but then realised that if I was a more devious person, I could have easily obtained access to any room in the hotel using the same method either to steal from or attack another guest. I find it unsettling that anyone would have been able to enter my room using a similar tactic!

The other issue was checking out. Checkout is at 11am. At about 10.30am, I joined a large queue at reception and had to wait just over 30mins to check out. The actual process took the lady maybe 10 seconds! It would better serve your guests to either have more staff available during busy checkout periods or some kind of automated checking out system, so that people aren't stuck in a huge queue for a simple operation.

The hotel itself is very nice, the rooms are well equipped & clean. The staff are all very friendly. I would just suggest you look at educating your staff on following a few more steps to ensure security for themselves and their guests. It's a very busy hotel and by overlooking these small details you really do put the guests at risk. A nice hotel but a very disappointing experience overall.

Wifi is free, but signal is poor. It would be unfair to comment much further as I essentially used the room to sleep in and nothing else.

Note: I sent the above via your website & chose not to complain at the desk due to the huge queue behind me while checking out. I hope that nobody uses my 'tips' about security but by making them public, perhaps you'll endeavour to make some changes more quickly.

Room Tip: Most rooms appear to be a very long walk from the reception desk. If you don't want to walk too far ask for something nearer.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 285OutOut
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We managed to get great rates with this stay being on a weekend so this review is not based on £89 a night, we paid half that. The hotel has fantastic facilities, is in lovely grounds and the rooms are a good size and well appointed. It was hot during our stay and the rooms have no a/c it was not comfortable, but not complaining about the weather ! The bar prices are high but we planned well by bringing a bottle. The buffet meal was okay and not bad value. Overall I would rate this as a good hotel and I would certainly return but not paying full price, it's not that good.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank djt1712
Kevin B, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you so much for your positive feedback following your weekend stay with us at Staverton Park. I am thrilled to hear you found our venue such good value and would encourage you to go direct to our website or follow us on Twitter for more great offers! I am pleased you enjoyed our facilities, beautiful grounds and found your bedroom to be spacious and well appointed. I am sorry to hear that you did not have air conditioning in your room and should you require anything during your next stay, please do not hesitate to ask and our team will do their best to assist you, such as providing a fan. I am sorry to hear that you felt our Bar prices were too expensive but glad to hear you enjoyed your evening meal with us in our Restaurant. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.