“We are going back”

De Vere Staverton Estate
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Staverton
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Last April we spent 2 nights Dinner B & B at Staverton Park. The Staff and Golf were great. The food was very good and served by friendly people. The room was clean and the course is good for both middle and high handicap players. We had three rounds of golf and enjoyed our stay. We are going back this October and hopefully we will have a great time. De vere venues have split away from the de vere group so we will see if there is any change

Room Tip: Have a room over looking the golf course
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Kevin B, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you very much for your kind comments in relation to your 2 night stay spent with us in April. I am overjoyed to hear that we made such a positive impression that you are looking forward to your return and will be glad to welcome you back. De Vere Venues I can assure you, whatever changes are being made within the group, will always aim to excel in customer service, quality and standards, aiming to give memorable visits to all. I look forward to your return in October and reading about your second experience with us.

Kevin Breeze

Write a ReviewReviews (1,877)

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The reception staff must have had lessons because we were able to have a joke and a laugh with them and found them very helpful nothing was to much trouble for them.
On the rooms we must have had a refurbished one because ours was excellent clean and tide with a good TV, some of the party who had single rooms had quite a walk to there room but no complaints about it when they got there.
The food was not bad but the staff [apart from 1 who we had a good laugh with] need lessons on how to smile and a lot more training on how to work in a dinning room had to ask 3 times to get a roll then had to ask for some butter, we then waited for the finished plates to be taken away which didn't happen in the end we moved the to a empty table.
We were there for a weekend of golf so to comment on that part the pro in the shop was excellent [would mind him at our course] couldn't do enough for you so made it very easy to run the weekend, in the sports bar again the same as the staff in dinning room no smile poor service more concerned with the weddings which took place in the next room maybe not enough staff on so they were to rushed off there feet.
The course was good something for every ability very good greens will agree with one post long walk from 9th or 10th.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a refurbished room then you won't be disappointed with the room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your positive feedback with regard to your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am thrilled to hear that our Reception team made you feel welcome and were helpful when needed too. I am glad you found your room to be of high standard and the rest of your party were equally appreciative of their rooms. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your evening meal with us but very disappointed that our Restaurant and Bar teams did not appear happy and further that there were shortfalls in service. I will ensure that the team are issued re-training in this area as we always strive to excel in customer service and leave lasting impressions with our guests. I am pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed our challenging golf course and I will pass on your exemplary comments to our golf pro who I am sure will be thrilled. I look forward to welcoming you back and showing you just how helpful your comments have been in allowing us to improve our standards.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

On a recent business trip myself and my colleagues were delighted to stay here instead of our usual Premier Inn, however, we all had difficulty in using our phones within the hotel due to the poor signal and also couldn't get internet access once we had logged into the free wifi.

We ate in the hotel on the first night, and with a limited menu I thought the waiting staff would find it a breeze, but the young chap taking our order had to go round the table and get all of the orders for starters first then come back round for our main dishes???? We had to prompt them to provide other items for our table, and in the morning at breakfast I broke one chaps reverie to ask him for tea, then he ran round the rest of the tables to ask them before brining me mine.

However, I found the room to be clean, though the usual gripe and grouting in the bathroom, and a very comfortable bed.

I loved the coffee machine in reception, with take away cups on offer - a great idea.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your positive and constructive review following your recent business trip to Staverton Park. I am sorry to hear that you and your colleagues had trouble with mobile phone signal at our venue; we are currently working with our local network providers to ascertain why this issue is reoccurring and work toward a solution together. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I am further sorry to hear that you encountered trouble connecting with our complimentary WiFi. Should you require assistance with any future stays, please do not hesitate to contact our Reception team who will be happy to help. I am sorry to hear that your waiter for your evening meal did not take your orders in the manner you are used to and further that the service you received at Breakfast was not efficient either. I will be sure to inform our team of this so that service standards can be reviewed and improved upon to avoid disappointment in future. I am pleased that you found your room to be of high standard and enjoyed a comfortable nights’ sleep with us and further that you were nicely surprised by our complimentary tea, coffee and snack station in reception. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon and showing you how your helpful feedback has enabled positive changes.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

In reverse order summarizing first, this business oriented Hotel is fit for purpose and has some surprising touches.
However as leisure guests we were surrounded by the cut and thrust of the young turks with their Smartphones glued to their cheeks demanding total attention from some overworked Hotel Staff.
For the minority who were there for some chill out time, this wasn't what you wanted but we rose above it and took it in our stride.
The Hotel is set back away from the main drag and has ample parking.
Reception is spacious and the greeting we received was very positive (as if they actually cared!!) which was impressive.
The rooms have seen better days.
They were tired and jaded and in need of some TLC.
The bi-fold windows opened out to a central grassed area was nice except the Juliet Balcony glass was covered in a layer of grime made worse by a feeble attempt to clean it which made it look even grubbier.
I didn't feel really comfortable in the room given it obviously needed more love and attention.
The Breakfast was a real bonus.
Plenty of variety, catering for most tastes and well cooked.
The Server we had must have a bad night as he was quite surly which was unusual compared to other experiences with Hotel Staff which, in the main, were very good.
We took advantage of the Golf Course and were pleasantly surprised.
It's quite demanding with loads of Bunkers but good fun.
The Greens were good.
Be aware that the walk from the 9th to the 10th Hole is a long way so you might want a buggy (£25).
The food in the evening was again good.
We were on a set Menu and there was plenty to choose from.
Avoid the cheese and biscuits as it comes straight out of her Fridge was pretty tasteless.
We went on a package deal and it represented very good value.

Room Tip: DEMAND a refurbished room. Get down to breakfast by 8.00am otherwise it gets pretty busy. Golf Tee...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your detailed review of your stay with us at Staverton Park. I am sorry to hear that due to a large conferencing group you felt that the attention of our staff was not at its best as it was under demand by others. I am very pleased to hear that you were able to park easily and were met by a friendly welcome from our Reception team. I apologise that you felt the rooms to be tired and am pleased to inform you this will soon be rectified as we continue to refurbish all bedrooms to the usual high standard of De Vere. Thank you for informing me of the shortfall in Housekeeping; I will relay your comments to our Housekeeping Manager to ensure that no windows in bedrooms are overlooked. I am pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed our plentiful Breakfast buffet and sorry to hear that contrary to your excellent experience with the rest of our staff, you found the server to be less friendly. I will be sure to investigate this with our Chefs. I am thrilled to hear that you took the time to challenge yourself with our golf course and enjoyed this also. I am glad that you found our evening menu to be of good standard and sorry to hear that you found the cheese a biscuits to be tasteless; I will relay this valid point to our Head Chef so that changes can be made. I am glad that you found our venue such good value and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed overnight on a Saturday. Phoned before to request room on ground floor and close to Reception. Well it was on the ground floor! Regretfully the room was not clean. The bath was grubby and easily cleaned with tissues. The side table had not been touched for weeks. The decor is very tired and the pillows need replacing today, if not sooner. The carpet was old and needed replacing..and so to Dinner.
Could only book 9.00pm table. Food was literally thrown onto a plate by less than enthusiastic chef. Regretfully it was fairly bland and only warm from the lights. Breakfast was unbelievable. We thought that we were taking part in a reality show. The dining area was full to bursting. Tables were not cleaned down and we genuinely saw no waiting staff. We knew it was self service but..... In the Bar area you cannot use your room card to buy a drink unless you have a credit card..debit cards not accepted...how very weird. Car parking is severely limited.
We love the brand and this Hotel misses that standard by some considerable margin. In fairness, the outside area's are outstanding. Our advice is simple: enjoy the external layout but do not venture inside...you will be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback in relation to your recent visit to us at Staverton Park. I am so pleased that our staff were able to offer you a room on the ground floor as requested but I am disappointed to hear of the shortfalls in Housekeeping you came across in your bedroom. I will reiterate your valid comments to our Housekeeping Manager to bring up with the team and ensure that such issues do not reoccur. I am sorry to hear that our Restaurant was booked up and this meant you had to wait until later for a table and further that you did not enjoy our evening buffet. I will be addressing these points with our Head Chef to investigate so that our Kitchen team may improve where needed. I am further sorry to hear that when you came to Breakfast it was at our busiest time and this meant that you had to wait for a table to be cleaned, I can assure you our team always aim to do their very best to accommodate the needs of our guests and to work efficiently at our busiest times. I am sorry this did not shine through on this morning. I am sorry to learn that you had issues when trying to pay for your drinks at the Bar, unfortunately due to Licensing Laws after certain times which differ between the week and weekend, we cannot accept payment for drinks and may only do so via room charge. I am sorry for this inconvenience. I am glad however that you enjoyed the beautiful grounds in which we are set. Thank you for your feedback and allowing us to work to improve upon our service and our standards.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Overall a good place to stay for the weekend. Spacious car park, good leisure activity place, a large parks for the kids and if you are into golf a great 18 hole. For food, the lunch and breakfast was awesome but never had time for dinner. The room was clean with perfectly laid bed. The moment i got into my room i was able to connect to the free wifi and could carry on with my work straight away. Least i forget, if you are into beverages, there are free tea, coffee etc from the machine at the reception and complimentary beverage pack in your wardrobe. The duty Manager was great apart from one lady staff at the reception who had an attitude. I hope to visit again soon. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your positive review following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am so pleased that you enjoyed so many aspects of our venue including our spacious car park, leisure facilities, beautiful grounds which are perfect for families and our golf course too. I am glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our plentiful Breakfast buffet and lunch with us too. I am pleased that you found your room to be of high standard and that our complimentary WiFi was beneficial to your visit too. I am glad that you found our complimentary tea, coffee and snack stations useful and the additional boost of caffeine in your room too! I am thrilled that our Duty Manager made such a good impression on you and less so with the unfriendliness you were met with at Reception; I will investigate this matter. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed in this hotel last weekend. Was given a room that was some distance from reception with stairs to decend.
The room was clean but bathroom was in need of some attention. The shower over the bath leaked. The wooden bath panel was split and was grubby.
along the top edge. Television was something from the ninety's with about 4 channels, my granny has a better tv.
We had dinner in the restaurant on the first evening. Starters served to the table but had to go buffet for main course. Food was far from nice -- tasteless and overpriced. Should have known better when we saw hot-dogs top of the menu. Never ate in hotel after that meal not even breakfast.
Poker faced receptionist when we arrived, did what he had to do but no smiles or conversation.
Different receptionist when booking out but with same attitude -- maybe they are not allowed to smile!
Very limited parking in hotel car park, reserved signs on spaces near reception and the remaining spaces to be shared with the golfers
. Hotel over rated and over priced.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mull2014
Kevin B, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you very much for your constructive review following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am sorry to hear you felt the walk to your room was too far, should you wish for a room closer to Reception on your next stay, by all means do ask our team when booking and they will do their best to accommodate your needs. Thank you for your comments in relation to shortfalls in Housekeeping in the bathroom, I will reiterate your valid points to our Housekeeping Manager so that she may investigate this. I am disappointed to hear that you did not find our Reception team to be welcoming and friendly, this is most unlike our team as we always strive to excel in customer service so I will relay your feedback to the team so that they may work to improve upon this. I am sorry to learn that you did not enjoy your evening meal in our Restaurant, finding the menu to be tasteless and overpriced. I will look into this with our Head Chef and ascertain what went wrong on this night in question. I am shocked to hear that you believe us to have limited parking; with over 100 spaces this is not a comment we have ever come across but I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by the walk from the car park to the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and work towards improving our standards and customer service.

Kevin Breeze

Also consider these accommodations in or near Staverton
Mercure Daventry Court Hotel
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel
Cross Roads Hotel Northampton
Whittlebury Hall
Whittlebury Hall
#3 of 3 in Towcester
Park Inn by Radisson Northampton

Been to De Vere Staverton Estate? Share your experiences!