De Vere Staverton Estate
Marston House(Southam)
Excellent 5/5
Average 3/5
1,913 results
All reviewsgolf coursestaverton parkbiscuitsswimming poolleisure facilitiesbuffet stylesteam roomtea coffeecourse mealgolf breakplenty of choicewowcher dealhot drinksdriving rangeshort breakthe main hoteltwo night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with our two children with the kgbdeal - excellent value for the price we paid. Breakfast was good with pretty good choice, the kids ate well too. Dinner buffet was quite good although limited vegetarian choice but good choice of desserts.

Our room was clean and had a safe, iron and ironing board and a fan in the cupboard. Flat screen tv but like others said very limited channel selection!

The pool looked nice but we didnt get time to use although this was in another building. Tea and coffee available from reception area which was handy too. Overall a good stay and my kids liked the restaurant and hotel!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Kevin B, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you very much for your positive review following your recent 2 night family break with us at Staverton Park. I am pleased to hear that you found our venue excellent value for money and would encourage you to go direct to our website or follow us on Twitter to be the first to find more great offers for future stays. I am glad that you enjoyed our plentiful Breakfast and evening buffets, particularly our desserts, and that the children thoroughly enjoyed it also. Thank you for your helpful comments in relation to the available vegetarian options on our evening buffet; I will suggest to the Head Chef that we review this to offer more for our vegetarian guests. I am pleased that you found your room to be of high standard and that you found everything you might need throughout your stay within it. I am sorry to hear that you did not find the time to relax in our leisure facilities but very glad to hear our complimentary tea, coffee and snack station in reception was well received. I am so pleased you and your family enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you all back again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

On the whole this is a good hotel but needs some improvements.
Good sized room but needed a more thorough clean.
Bad reception on tv.
Excellent 3 course buffet meal in the evenings and good choice of breakfast although it was very busy and noisy on Saturday and Sunday morning.
Good leisure facilities and swimming pool.
We had some other issues during our stay but we spoke to James the hotel manager when we were checking out and an amicable agreement was made

Room Tip: Ask for a room on upper floor with patio as rooms have no aircon
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank allan2952
Kevin B, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for your positive and constructive review following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am glad to hear that your room was of good standard and do apologise that the television signal was not great. We are in the process of replacing all televisions in rooms and our local network provider is looking into the signal issues so we are hopeful that this issue will soon be resolved. I apologise for the shortfalls in housekeeping in your room; I will be sure to inform our Housekeeping Manager so that more thorough checks of rooms are made before opening them up to our guests. I am glad that you thoroughly enjoyed our plentiful evening and breakfast buffets, finding a wide selection and good quality food, I can only apologise that the Restaurant was at its busiest times when you arrived in the mornings. I am pleased that you made the time to enjoy our leisure facilities and do apologise for the other issues you came across during your stay but am so pleased that James was on hand for you to communicate with and dealt with your situation efficiently. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Just returned from 2 day stay everything was 5 star5. Food rooms service all very good. In reception are tea coffee cold water cold milk apples all free all day never seen that before will definatley be trying another de vere hotel in future many thanks de vere

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your positive and concise review following your recent 2 night stay with us at Staverton Park. I am so pleased that you found our venue to be of such high standard. I am glad that you found every aspect from your room through to our customer service to be pleasant and that our complimentary tea, coffee and snack station in reception was well received also. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed at the hotel on Saturday the 02/08/2014, on arrival things were good went to our room very nice, went for a drink in the bar expensive but ok, went for a meal at 9pm CHAOS, the restaurant was emptying but there was dirty plates all over the tables, we were told to help our self's to starters, looked like people had been messing about with and there was very little left, went for the main meal and this food was just slopped on a plate by a not so very happy chef, I don't know his name but he was of rather large proportion. we went back to the table then al the sudden the staff came in to clear up so much noise and scrapping of plates we decided to leave the restaurant and go back to the bar had a couple of pints off to sleep, up next morning and it was really chaos at breakfast it was a right mess, tables with dirty plates stacked on tables, I did no more checked out and left, I would compare the restaurant to a local Hungry Horse Public house or Butlins, I would not stay there again .

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lee r

Thank you for your constructive feedback following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was disappointing and that our Restaurant appeared chaotic throughout your stay. I have reiterated your valid comments to our Restaurant Manager so that he may review the service procedures and make necessary improvements and give further training to staff also. I can only apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused you and further that this left you with a bad impression of our venue. I am pleased however that you found your room to be of good standard and enjoyed your time spent in our bar. I do hope to welcome you back in the future and show you how your valued feedback has allowed us to improve upon ourselves and our standards.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The hotel was in a perfect location for visiting one of my suppliers, the bed was comfy but that's about all. Hotel seems to cater for large groups, so the bar where I'd have liked a quiet drink was full of very rowdy people. The corridors to my room (401) were shabby and room service trays littered the passageway to my room at the beginning of my stay and hadn't been moved by checkout. TV in the room didn't work. Ground floor room and security on the window didn't work so I couldn't even leave it ajar at night. Carry on at checkout when I asked for an invoice - apparently because I had booked online it was down to the online booking agent to supply the invoice. After checking out I saw a pool of vomit outside on the right hand side exit door - nobody had thought to clean it up. All in all not a good stay, but luckily I only paid £39 for the night. I visit Daventry monthly and thought the De Vere would be upmarket, but it was less good than I expected (and certainly less good than my last review).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback following your recent business trip to Staverton Park. I am pleased to hear that our location was beneficial to your trip and further that you enjoyed a comfortable night’s sleep with us. I am sorry to learn that another group staying with us were rowdy in the bar on the evening of your arrival and this disturbed your evening drink. I am disappointed to hear of the shortfalls in housekeeping standards in the corridors and will be sure to inform the relevant heads of departments to remind the teams of the importance of efficient service to avoid such discrepancies in future. Thank you for informing me of the maintenance issues within your room in relation to the window and also the television, I will ensure these are seen to immediately and apologise that these had been overlooked. I am further sorry to hear that there were problems when you came to check out in supplying an invoice; I will speak to our Reception Manager and look into this issue as it is most inconvenient for our guests. I apologise that these matters meant you did not enjoy your stay with us and fell short of your previous exemplary stay with us. Thank you for informing me of these issues and allowing us to make improvements and changes where necessary in order to continue to strive to exceed expectations and excel in customer service.