“Great stay for couples/Family”

De Vere Staverton Estate
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Staverton
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“Great stay for couples/Family”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We originally stayed here as a couple and had a great first night, the next night we had an issue with a group staying at the hotel which Kevin the manager quickly fixed for us. After this we have been back as a couple twice and with family in 3-4 rooms. Some rooms are better than others but I can honestly say that none have been less than very good. Yes, the Tv in a few of the rooms have been old, but who goes away to watch tv? There is a big screen in the bar with sky sports which was great. My Nan stayed here with us and found it great to be able to open the patio doors out onto the grass area near the golf course. Breakfast is great, dinner was very good. Pool great and the girl at the spa very friendly.
Cant comment on the golf course as haven't tried yet. Don't be put off by the random negative reviews! We will be back again this year no doubt.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stuart B
Kevin B, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you so much for your positive feedback following your return visit to us at Staverton Park and thank you also for your valued loyal custom. I am so pleased to hear that you continue to enjoy visits to our venue and find all our rooms, both the upgraded and the soon to be refurbished, to be of high standard. I am glad you enjoy our big screen for sports in the bar and that your Nan thoroughly enjoyed her view of the golf course from her room too. I am pleased that you find our meals to be good quality and our leisure facilities do not disappoint either. I am glad that our spa team have shone through with their excellent customer service and further that you intend to re-book for later this year. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kevin Breeze

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Before I mention anything else I must say thank you to the DeVere group for offering me the opportunity of staying at one of their venues at a time of my choosing for a vastly reduced rate. I truly remain most grateful for this. However I'm not sure I would have been too happy paying full price for an evening here. Check in was painless (after eventually finding a place to park the car that is) and they promptly fixed the room defects that I reported however the sheer number of people in the hotel made it feel like an airport at times. To top it off a wedding had been taking place and there was another due the very next day, this meant that in the morning the reception resembled Piccadilly Circus at rush hour and the only two reception staff were heavily occupied just topping up the complimentary coffee machines let alone dealing with customers.
We availed ourselves of the opportunity to order evening room service but were slightly disappointed to discover that it had cooled, not to the standard we would have expected. Staying on the topic of food the breakfast experience was not one that we would have repeated either. With still 45 minutes of service remaining the queue was not just out of the door but half way across reception and barely moving; when we eventually got in not one member of the staff could answer my question relating to the possibility of a vegetarian cooked breakfast option for my wife. The staff were clearly overwhelmed and eventually we had to find our own cutlery. Due to the sheer numbers of people at breakfast it was quite understandable that there would be both some mess on the counters and some empty shelves but the lack of pace of the staff to clear and sort either of these issues was lamentable. . . . . and then the fire alarm went off.
It never ceases to amaze me how silly the public can be in these circumstances, simply sitting there, looking stupid and waiting for somebody that looks like they know what they're doing to say something; the staff did well to kick things into touch here.
Unfortunately the hotel in general (notwithstanding the impressive golf course and other sporting facilities), although smart gave the appearance and impression of nothing more than a massive production line with hundreds of rooms and a get 'em in and get 'em back out again philosophy. To change this mind-set requires a core change of tack and policy on behalf of the management thereby making each customer feel more like an individual rather than forced into a group mentality.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your valued and constructive feedback following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am pleased that you found our venue to be such good value and appreciated our golf and other leisure facilities too. I am glad to hear that your check in was fast and efficient and further that although you found issue with your room, when informed our team were quick to find a resolution to them. I am terribly sorry you found our venue to be too busy and this meant you did not relax during your stay. I am sorry to hear that your room service when received was not hot and left you disappointed; I will reiterate your feedback to our team so that they may make some improvements in relation to timings and try to prevent this occurring again. I do apologise that our restaurant was extremely busy on the morning you were departing; unfortunately the majority of weekend guests do appreciate a lay-in and this means a large amount of guests arrive to breakfast toward the end of service and it does get busy. I am sorry that a member of the team could not answer your query in relation to a vegetarian breakfast, but as a buffet breakfast we do offer plenty of vegetarian items and our chefs can make omelettes or fresh eggs upon request for future reference. I am pleased however that our restaurant staff was quick to act when the fire alarm went off during breakfast and do apologise for the disturbance. Thank you for informing me of these matters that arose during your stay with us and allowing us to improve upon these.

Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed here for my daughters wedding at Dodford. Nothing was too much trouble from the Friendly staff as my daughter and her bridesmaids made request after request for room service as they were getting ready for her big day. Our room was spacious, clean, and the bed was very comfortable, we also had a nice view of the hotel's golf course. The hotel serves excellent food and as much as you want to eat.
We had cause to return to the hotel a few days later and took the opportunity to have lunch in the restaurant, again the staff were very pleasant, friendly, and the price very good.
Along with our guests we would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the golf course
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your complimentary review of your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am so pleased that our location proved beneficial to your daughter’s wedding venue and also that you found our staff were friendly and eager to help. I am glad you found your room to be clean and spacious and enjoyed a comfortable night’s sleep with us too. I am pleased that you appreciated the beautiful view from your room and found our food to be so delicious. I am glad to learn that you have already returned to our venue so soon after your stay and enjoyed your lunch too, finding it be good value and the restaurant team to be friendly and pleasant. I am pleased that you intend to recommend our venue to others and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel, best I've been to in a while!! Good service, comfy bed, amazing pool, lovely food, great golf course, I could go on, I would suggest this hotel to anyone a brilliant weekend!! Met a nice snail on the golf course too, called Ben

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank James B
Thank you very much for your positive comments in relation to your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am pleased to hear that we have made such a good impression on you and you found the service to be excellent. I am glad we offered you a comfortable night’s sleep; you enjoyed the use of our swimming pool, enjoyed the challenge of our golf course and found the food to be of high standard too. I am pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your time spent with us and intend to recommend us to others. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Skelmersdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Had a 1 night stay with a friend with a kgb voucher.Friendly gentleman on check in.Room nice and clean,but the bathroom could benefit from a thorough clean around bath handles and any ledges. Couldn't connect to the free wifi even though our room was downstairs.We enjoyed afternoon tea(not homemade cakes though or clotted cream!) Our evening meal was a little disappointing, I asked for an alternative to braised red cabbage and got carrots. These tasted strange,possibly frozen? My portion size of dessert was hilarious..dolls size portion of cheesecake! We had taken a bottle of wine through from the bar and were not offered a wine cooler like others had. Waitress didn't even offer to carry our bottle or glasses The bar area was good with some comfy seating..We think outside our room was the staff car park as there was alot of car activity at midnight.Bed was comfy, but the lights were strange in the room,couldn't have a bedside light on.We had a rude awakening about 7am from some construction work nearby. This soon stopped and peace restored! Breakfast was also disappointing, due to what felt like poor quality ingredients.The croissants were very dry too and we we were not late to eat.We did enjoy our massage which was part of the deal.I checked us in the previous day and wasn't told anything about a free drinks machine in reception as I have seen on other reviews.I only saw the coffee shop.Probably wouldn't return, just think that some areas needed some tlc, especially the stairs from pool area to beauty. But we did see a beautifully decorated room set for a wedding reception and the gentlemen dressing it invited us in to see the full affect.Felt special to have a sneaky look!

Room Tip: downstairs room was noisy from outside,but hotel itself was quiet
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank magicOldham
Kevin B, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for your complimentary feedback following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am glad to hear that you found our venue such good value for money and felt welcomed by our team on reception from the moment you arrived. I am pleased you found your room to be of good standard and thank you for your comments; I will reiterate these to our Housekeeping Manager to implement changes so that more thorough checks are made of our bathrooms. I am sorry that you were unable to connect to our free WiFi and would encourage you to contact reception at any point during your next stay should you require assistance and our team will be more than happy to help. I apologise that you were disappointed with your evening meal and that the vegetables supplemented on request were not your favourite and further that you felt our portion sizes for dessert were too small. I will relay your relevant comments to our Head Chef as points to look to improve. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our bar area and sumptuous seating, but very sorry that one of our team did not assist you taking your wine through from the Restaurant. I am glad that you found our beds to be comfortable and sorry that the lighting in the room was not to your liking. I am sorry to hear that your were disturbed both in the evening and in the morning in your room and will bring this to the team’s attention so that they take more care when leaving the property. I am further disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your breakfast with us and will inform our Head Chef of your comments in relation to the ingredients and croissants, thank you. I am sorry that our team did not inform you of the complimentary tea, coffee and snack station in reception; this is not something our receptionists usually mention on check in as most of our guests see this as it is stationed immediately inside the front doors, I do apologise you did not see it. I am glad that you enjoyed your massage and that our team allowed you the chance to see one of our function rooms set up for a wedding. Thank you so much for taking the time to give me your positive and constructive feedback, I will use this as we continue to strive to excel in customer service and always improve our standards.

Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed with family for two nights, had booked a number of rooms but we were spread all over the hotel in rooms of differing standards, though we all paid the same price and due to having no telephone signals we ended up walking round the hotel to make arrangements!

The bar was busy and the drinks were priced reasonably and free hot drinks are available in reception, that was a nice touch.

We had bad reception on our tv and only had the choice of a few channels but weren't in the rooms for long so it wasn't much of a problem. The room was really hot and the only way to cool it down was to open the windows as wide as they would go.

I would avoid the cooked breakfast though, the food was cold and inedible and some of our party avoided it altogether.

Overall, disappointing and I don't think we would stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Annie M
Thank you for your constructive feedback following your recent family break with us at Staverton Park. I am sorry to hear that your rooms were not close to one another, please do feel free with any future visits to request upon booking for rooms close in proximity and our team will do their best, subject to availability, to help you with this. I am glad you took the time to enjoy a drink in our Bar and found the drinks to be reasonably priced and particularly enjoyed our complimentary tea, coffee and snack station in reception. I apologise that your television did not have good signal; we are in the process of working toward a solution to this problem and will soon be able to rectify this. I am sorry to hear that you room was too hot; should you require any assistance throughout any future stays such as a fan, please do not hesitate to contact our team on reception who will be happy to help where they can, for example with a fan. I am most disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy our plentiful breakfast buffet and will inform our Head Chef of your comments so that this can be investigated and improved upon. Thank you for taking the time to give me your thoughts on your recent stay and allowing us to continue to improve upon ourselves and our standards.

Lincoln UK
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a two night golfing break as part of a group of twelve golfers. The hotel has a good sized lobby with free access to two computer terminals and two coffee machines providing a variety of free coffees. The reception desk was quite busy when we arrived but the receptionists were friendly and efficient and check in did not seem to take long at all. I had opted to pay extra for single accommodation and was allocated a double bedded room quite near to reception, the rest of our group were allocated twin bedded rooms somewhat further away. I would best describe my room as a standard corporate hotel room big enough not to be cramped but not large. The furniture in the room consisted of large desk with swivel chair, a double bed and side tables, a small table and an easy chair. There was also a double wardrobe with shelf space, an ironing board and iron and a safe. Also provided was a kettle, two cups and sufficient provisions to make several cups of tea or coffee. The built in television provided several TV channels but did not have the modern guest services system commonly found in most hotels today. I was however impressed with the number of power sockets available for use to power my Ipad and charge my various electronic devices. I was also impressed the free WiFi which was fast and had enough bandwidth to allow me to watch Sky sports on my Ipad. The bathroom was small but the over bath shower worked well providing a good supply of hot water. The bed was firm but comfortable and I was able to enjoy a good nights sleep, however this may have been made possible by the lack of an air conditioning fan which made the bedroom very quiet. Although the room did not have air conditioning it stayed at a comfortable temperature throughout my stay.
All meals were taken in the main restaurant and were buffet style. There was a good selection of hot and cold items at breakfast and guests could eat as much or as little as they required. There was also a good choice of starters, mains and puddings at dinner, but I would describe the quality of the main dishes as pretty average and disappointing. I must at this point confess that I detest buffet style dining at dinner but others in my party really liked the ability to eat at their own pace rather than having to eat at the pace dictated by the waiters. The restaurant was also quite noisy both at breakfast and dinner. The bar next to reception was always busy and had a large screen television showing sports programmes. Despite the bar being busy there always seemed to be the right number of staff working the bar and I never had difficulty obtaining service. Some of my colleagues thought the bar prices exorbitant but I found the prices about the same as I would expect to pay at any hotel of this quality. As part of our group booking we enjoyed a discount on all drinks purchased. My overall experience of this hotel was good and I would gladly come here again on a golfing break. I would not however choose this hotel to bring my wife for a romantic weekend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for your detailed, positive and constructive review of your golf weekend spent with us at Staverton Park. I am pleased that you enjoyed the size of our reception area, available computers and complimentary tea, coffee and snack station and further that although many people were checking in at the same time, our receptionists were friendly and efficient in their job. I am glad that you found your room to be of high standard and found everything you might need within it. I am sorry that our televisions are not up to date with guest services available on them; we are currently in the process of working with our local network providers to get to the bottom of our issue with Freeview signal and once we have we will be replacing all televisions throughout the hotel so this will soon be rectified. I am pleased that you appreciated the amount of sockets in your room and also our complimentary WiFi was of benefit to your stay also. I am so pleased that you found our shower to be just right for you and further that you enjoyed a restful nights sleep with us, aided by the fact there was not a lot of noise pollution from air conditioning, and despite this missing mod con, your room stayed a comfortable temperature. I am pleased that you found our evening and breakfast buffets to have a good selection but sorry to hear that you found the quality of the food average, I would have appreciated if you had expanded on this point so that our chefs know what aspects need improvement. I am glad however that the other members of your party enjoyed the buffet style dining, allowing them to eat at their own pace. I am glad you enjoyed your time spent in our bar and did not have to wait long at all for service despite how busy it was. I am pleased that you enjoyed your golf break with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kevin Breeze
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staverton
Mercure Daventry Court Hotel and Spa
Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Park Inn by Radisson Northampton
Sedgebrook Hall
Sedgebrook Hall
#1 of 1 in Chapel Brampton
Cross Roads Hotel Northampton

Been to De Vere Staverton Estate? Share your experiences!