De Vere Staverton Estate
  • Restaurant
Dunchurch Park(Dunchurch)
TripAdvisor
1,925 results
All reviewsgolf coursestaverton parkbiscuitsswimming poolleisure facilitiesbuffet stylesteam roomtea coffeecourse mealgolf breakplenty of choicewowcher dealhot drinksdriving rangeshort breakthe main hoteltwo night stay
Reviewed 19 August 2014

A beautiful place to arrive to, with not so easy disabled parking spaces to find! Couldn't ask for any better price wise. No tea coffee facilities in room, but free hot drinks further down corridors. Doors to hard to open and wouldn't stay open, in a wheel chair so this was a tad difficult. Room was great all handrails, wet room etc, space to move in a wheel chair which is so important. Also a high bed, so as it made it easier to get on your feet.
Everything reasonably priced. Was very happy.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Kevin B, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for your positive comments following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am sorry to hear you found it difficult to locate the disabled parking on arrival and will look into changing the signage for this, thank you for informing me. I am glad you found our venue to be good value and am sorry that you did not find your tea and coffee making facilities in your room; these are stored away in the wardrobe and I will ensure that our staff place these in view for any disabled guests in future for ease of use. I am sorry to hear you had difficulty with our doors in the hotel, unfortunately throughout the hotel are fire safety doors which will automatically close if the alarm sounds and these must be heavy in order to meet fire safety regulations. Should you require any assistance with any future visits then please do not hesitate to ask any member of our team and they will be more than happy to help you. I am glad you enjoyed the spacious bedroom, wet room and handrails within your bedroom and the high bed was beneficial also. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I took a group of golfers here including family and friends and we had the best time. Booked through Golfbreaks.com and paid approx £65 per night for d, b&b and a round of golf. You cannot beat it for value plus free coffee whenever you want! Yes, you had to serve yourself at a buffet for breakfast and evening meal, but the food was hot, plentiful and tasty with a good choice. Rooms were comfortable and clean and perfectly acceptable for our needs. If you want 5 star luxury then perhaps not for you - this is a popular and great value hotel we will definitely use again.

Room Tip: Rooms 201 to 210 approx seem to back onto main entrance so you get some noise from smokers and late arrivals at night.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your complimentary feedback of your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am so pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your golfing weekend and found our venue to be such good value. For more fantastic offers do go direct to our website or follow us on Twitter. I am pleased that our free tea, coffee and snack station in reception was well received and further that you enjoyed your meals with us finding the buffets to be hot, tasty and plentiful. I am glad that you found your bedrooms to be clean and comfortable and that you are looking to return to us soon. I look forward to welcoming you back when you do.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed here for the weekend as was going to a festival , check in was slow even though it was 8.3o in the evening, bit of a trek to the rooms down a few corridors then down stairs. Rooms were pretty old fashioned and needs an update . What can I say about breakfast utter chaos, dirty tables and breakfast was cold and that was on the Saturday and Sunday , not good as we paid full price for both dates . Would I stay here again NO

4  Thank sweepeaLondon

Thank you for your constructive review following your recent weekend stay with us at Staverton Park. I am sorry to hear that your check in was slow, I will look into this with our team on reception to investigate where improvements can be made to speed up the process. I am sorry that you felt it was a long walk to your room and would encourage you to request a room closer to reception should you require it for mobility reasons and our team will do their best to accommodate your needs. Thank you for your constructive comments in relation to your bedroom, I am pleased to inform you that we are currently in the process of refurbishing all our bedrooms and so this issue will soon be resolved. I can only apologise that breakfast was busy at the weekend and you felt the atmosphere in the restaurant was frenetic. I will reiterate your valid points to our Restaurant Manager so that we may work together to see where our practices can be improved. Thank you for taking the time to inform me of your experience with us and allowing us to make improvements where necessary and always work to improve upon our standards.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We originally stayed here as a couple and had a great first night, the next night we had an issue with a group staying at the hotel which Kevin the manager quickly fixed for us. After this we have been back as a couple twice and with family in 3-4 rooms. Some rooms are better than others but I can honestly say that none have been less than very good. Yes, the Tv in a few of the rooms have been old, but who goes away to watch tv? There is a big screen in the bar with sky sports which was great. My Nan stayed here with us and found it great to be able to open the patio doors out onto the grass area near the golf course. Breakfast is great, dinner was very good. Pool great and the girl at the spa very friendly.
Cant comment on the golf course as haven't tried yet. Don't be put off by the random negative reviews! We will be back again this year no doubt.

1  Thank Stuart B

Thank you so much for your positive feedback following your return visit to us at Staverton Park and thank you also for your valued loyal custom. I am so pleased to hear that you continue to enjoy visits to our venue and find all our rooms, both the upgraded and the soon to be refurbished, to be of high standard. I am glad you enjoy our big screen for sports in the bar and that your Nan thoroughly enjoyed her view of the golf course from her room too. I am pleased that you find our meals to be good quality and our leisure facilities do not disappoint either. I am glad that our spa team have shone through with their excellent customer service and further that you intend to re-book for later this year. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Before I mention anything else I must say thank you to the DeVere group for offering me the opportunity of staying at one of their venues at a time of my choosing for a vastly reduced rate. I truly remain most grateful for this. However I'm not sure I would have been too happy paying full price for an evening here. Check in was painless (after eventually finding a place to park the car that is) and they promptly fixed the room defects that I reported however the sheer number of people in the hotel made it feel like an airport at times. To top it off a wedding had been taking place and there was another due the very next day, this meant that in the morning the reception resembled Piccadilly Circus at rush hour and the only two reception staff were heavily occupied just topping up the complimentary coffee machines let alone dealing with customers.
We availed ourselves of the opportunity to order evening room service but were slightly disappointed to discover that it had cooled, not to the standard we would have expected. Staying on the topic of food the breakfast experience was not one that we would have repeated either. With still 45 minutes of service remaining the queue was not just out of the door but half way across reception and barely moving; when we eventually got in not one member of the staff could answer my question relating to the possibility of a vegetarian cooked breakfast option for my wife. The staff were clearly overwhelmed and eventually we had to find our own cutlery. Due to the sheer numbers of people at breakfast it was quite understandable that there would be both some mess on the counters and some empty shelves but the lack of pace of the staff to clear and sort either of these issues was lamentable. . . . . and then the fire alarm went off.
It never ceases to amaze me how silly the public can be in these circumstances, simply sitting there, looking stupid and waiting for somebody that looks like they know what they're doing to say something; the staff did well to kick things into touch here.
Unfortunately the hotel in general (notwithstanding the impressive golf course and other sporting facilities), although smart gave the appearance and impression of nothing more than a massive production line with hundreds of rooms and a get 'em in and get 'em back out again philosophy. To change this mind-set requires a core change of tack and policy on behalf of the management thereby making each customer feel more like an individual rather than forced into a group mentality.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your valued and constructive feedback following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am pleased that you found our venue to be such good value and appreciated our golf and other leisure facilities too. I am glad to hear that your check in was fast and efficient and further that although you found issue with your room, when informed our team were quick to find a resolution to them. I am terribly sorry you found our venue to be too busy and this meant you did not relax during your stay. I am sorry to hear that your room service when received was not hot and left you disappointed; I will reiterate your feedback to our team so that they may make some improvements in relation to timings and try to prevent this occurring again. I do apologise that our restaurant was extremely busy on the morning you were departing; unfortunately the majority of weekend guests do appreciate a lay-in and this means a large amount of guests arrive to breakfast toward the end of service and it does get busy. I am sorry that a member of the team could not answer your query in relation to a vegetarian breakfast, but as a buffet breakfast we do offer plenty of vegetarian items and our chefs can make omelettes or fresh eggs upon request for future reference. I am pleased however that our restaurant staff was quick to act when the fire alarm went off during breakfast and do apologise for the disturbance. Thank you for informing me of these matters that arose during your stay with us and allowing us to improve upon these.