“Great adventure”

Nature Discovery Tours
Ranked #2 of 17 things to do in Grabouw
More attraction details
Owner description: Nature Discovery is a unique concept in eco-tourism that offers a gateway to some of the most spectacular and inspiring mountain and valley scenery in the world. Located within the Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve, Nature Discovery offers families and friends an opportunity to explore and appreciate this magnificent biodiversity from a unique perspective – hiking on wheels!Guided and self-drive vehicles are available, including High quality Quad bikes sturdy four-wheel all terrain vehicles, especially adapted for eco trails, and electric two-wheeled off-road Segways®. M.T.B. E Bikes for all the family,electrically assisted mountain Bikes though our nature reserves
Johannesburg, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great adventure”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We totally enjoyed it, the weather wasn't on our side, Chelsea was constantly in touch with us and changed dates so we can come on a sunny day. The guy who led us through the trails took us to places with breath taking views, gave us a chance to take photos and was so professional and lovely.

3 Thank Nomveliso

Canterbury, Uk
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Great Day”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We loved this activity. Interesting quad bike ride, with a selection of different bikes. I had a semi-automatic, fife had fully automatic. They seemed well maintained and in good condition.

The route for a whole day (6 hours in total) was interesting and varied, and included some technical terrain, (but easily manageable even for less experienced guests). The guide was informed and helpful.

Wear old clothes and decent footwear, we got quite dusty as expected.

The picnic was fine, generous fruit and a large sandwich and a chocolate bar.

Coffee was also n the guides case, along with a little electric whisk - nice touch.

Great scenery, nice mountain ride, a few short walks to see interesting sights, flowers and a golden orb

Great day, great fun, well organised activity.

2 Thank KentFamilyOnHoliday
Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“great time in a great area”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

it was the second time I came there; after a 2 hours tour, the full day was amazing. I appreciate my 2d experience riding something similare as a motorbike. Without any knowlesdge I could get great sensation with this funny vehicle. I tested the both and would recommend automatic gear for the pleasure. After 4 hours getting red dust, the unexpected shower and the bath in the red watter bassin closed a super day managed by Tony in spite of a small issue with one of the quad. Thanks for all Tony

2 Thank s d
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“the highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Absolutely amazing! I had a dream of riding quadbike my whole life... and when you get to Grabow, you have the best scenery to do it! Nature Discovery was really good and reasonable (especially cause we had an issue with one of the quadbikes). The quads all look brand new and the instructor it's really cool. Chelsea , the lady who'll book you, gave us all the info we need.
Definitely recommend it!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank StefanSalej
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great way to experience Elgin valley and fun !”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I took a 3.5 hour quad bike tour with Brian and his team early in March 2014. I was in Cape Town on business and had a day to myself, so took this trip alone. Brian organised for me to join up with another group booking and there was about 10 of us in all for the Sunday afternoon session.
Being able to get away from the road and up into the hills around Elgin on the quad was a great experience. Even though the weather turned and heavy rain began to fall, being used to wet weather in the UK, this did not dampen the tour (just my clothes & shoes - make sure you have a change of clothes in the car when you get back from the tour, just in case).
I used my GoPro camera and you can see the films on Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/matsavage66

I will definitely be visiting Nature Discovery again, when I am back in Cape Town later this year and will probably switch to two wheels. Thanks to Brian and his team for a great experience.

1 Thank Matt S